Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 02-28-2007, 11:45 PM   #21
sylvan
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Hh

I am going to have to be one of those people that disagree with you
dugabrams as i think Hawkeye is one of the best they have made. However there must be a lot of people that must agree with you, as like you said they have not sold out.
The hard hero line is what made me start collecting statues. Keep up the good work HH
sylvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 12:27 AM   #22
titan7170
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Sonic View Post
If your turds look like that it's time to see a doctor!
If his turds look like that he could sell them.
titan7170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 01:51 AM   #23
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dugabrams View Post
I know it's just opinion and I'm glad you like your HH Hawkeye, but I have a hard time with it as the best of the bunch. The BDs version in so much better I think HH should have recalled them and given a discount coupon or something to the buyers. If it's a comic book look they were going for, I have stacks of Avenger books and he looks like the BD version. The HH version looks very simple, too simple. Look at his hands, they are as big as his head. Not so in the books. Definate Turd, could be why not even the AP's have not sold out?

And as for the Hulk, I went too far calling him a turd. He's OK. His biggest problem is he's a distant 4th in a comparison to the BD and SS Hulks that have been released recently and every statue's coolness factor is reletive.
I have tons of Avengers collected editions too. I am looking at the collected edition of the Avengers: Clear and Present Dangers and every picture I see of Hawkeye, his hands are drawn practically bigger than his head. In one panel of the comic, his finger is just as long as his whole face. Hawkeye has been drawn with very big hands. I know I am nitpicking, but big hands have been an expression of the most historical sculptors since sculpting was started. If you look at the Michelangelo statue of David, his hands are a focal point due to their size. It is an artists conveyance of power to the onlooker. As far as the statue goes, his hands are clearly not too big. Seth is on point with the size of the hands. In the Marvel Handbook, Hawkeye is 6' 3" and 230lbs. I can identify with big hands as I can damn near palm the front of my face (about the same size as Hawkeye's hands). I am 6'4" 320lbs.

As far as BD goes, the best thing about that statue is the base and the paint app. I do not like the fact he is shooting at the sky, and also his pose is much overexaggerated and damn near impossible (unless you are a contortionist). The statue itself is entirely too small and his arrow is on the wrong side of the bow. HH's pose of Hawkeye is freakin awesome and very dynamic even though it is simple. His musculature is perfect and he is so detailed you can see his veins on his hands. Now that is detail.

Look at this realistically. It would seem more feasible that someone with deftly skilled big hands could be an expert bowman/archer. I would recommend going back and reading the Handbook on many Marvel characters to get a better insight of the size of these characters. BD's statues are all over the place in terms of scale. Hawkeye should have been bigger all around. HH is right on the money with consistency of their scale. If you look at Hulk's hands on the HH statue, they absolutely dwarf Hawkeye and everyone else's except for the Thing.

I don't expect you to change your mind on liking BD's Hawkeye any more or less, but I feel you need to look at it from the actual Marvel's creator perspective, not ours. As far as the Hulk goes, I will say that there could have been some improvements on the HH version (bigger head is the main thing) and I will agree that SS's Hulk is better (only due to the sheer size). However, I was never a fan of the 60's 70's look of the Hulk (especially his face). I don't like the Frankenstein monster look. Bowen's new Hulk is really sweet, and if it was bigger, I would say that it blows the SS Hulk completely out of the water. HH Hulk is better than the first Bowen Hulk to me by far. Anyways, in the end it is all about yours and my taste in sculpts. I prefer the straight out of the comic look from HH as opposed to SS and BD's own takes on the characters.

Love and peace!
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 02:59 AM   #24
batman1180
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
I have tons of Avengers collected editions too. I am looking at the collected edition of the Avengers: Clear and Present Dangers and every picture I see of Hawkeye, his hands are drawn practically bigger than his head. In one panel of the comic, his finger is just as long as his whole face. Hawkeye has been drawn with very big hands. I know I am nitpicking, but big hands have been an expression of the most historical sculptors since sculpting was started. If you look at the Michelangelo statue of David, his hands are a focal point due to their size. It is an artists conveyance of power to the onlooker. As far as the statue goes, his hands are clearly not too big. Seth is on point with the size of the hands. In the Marvel Handbook, Hawkeye is 6' 3" and 230lbs. I can identify with big hands as I can damn near palm the front of my face (about the same size as Hawkeye's hands). I am 6'4" 320lbs.

As far as BD goes, the best thing about that statue is the base and the paint app. I do not like the fact he is shooting at the sky, and also his pose is much overexaggerated and damn near impossible (unless you are a contortionist). The statue itself is entirely too small and his arrow is on the wrong side of the bow. HH's pose of Hawkeye is freakin awesome and very dynamic even though it is simple. His musculature is perfect and he is so detailed you can see his veins on his hands. Now that is detail.

Look at this realistically. It would seem more feasible that someone with deftly skilled big hands could be an expert bowman/archer. I would recommend going back and reading the Handbook on many Marvel characters to get a better insight of the size of these characters. BD's statues are all over the place in terms of scale. Hawkeye should have been bigger all around. HH is right on the money with consistency of their scale. If you look at Hulk's hands on the HH statue, they absolutely dwarf Hawkeye and everyone else's except for the Thing.

I don't expect you to change your mind on liking BD's Hawkeye any more or less, but I feel you need to look at it from the actual Marvel's creator perspective, not ours. As far as the Hulk goes, I will say that there could have been some improvements on the HH version (bigger head is the main thing) and I will agree that SS's Hulk is better (only due to the sheer size). However, I was never a fan of the 60's 70's look of the Hulk (especially his face). I don't like the Frankenstein monster look. Bowen's new Hulk is really sweet, and if it was bigger, I would say that it blows the SS Hulk completely out of the water. HH Hulk is better than the first Bowen Hulk to me by far. Anyways, in the end it is all about yours and my taste in sculpts. I prefer the straight out of the comic look from HH as opposed to SS and BD's own takes on the characters.

Love and peace!

Dude, seriously, you should be getting an affiliate commission check from HH. You must be the sole person working in their marketing department.
batman1180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 03:11 AM   #25
sylvan
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Hh

I just think that loricstone is passionate about his statue and good for him.
I think the HH hawkeye is the pick of the hawkeye statues too. I voted with my wallet.
sylvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 03:48 AM   #26
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvan View Post
I just think that loricstone is passionate about his statue and good for him.
I think the HH hawkeye is the pick of the hawkeye statues too. I voted with my wallet.
Thank you Sylvan for the kind complement. It's like, you can't express your opinion and then provide proof without getting lambasted for it. I am saying it here and now, Hard Hero is not my favorite statue manufacturer! Get it through your thick skulls I will support and expound on my opinions with completeness concerning HH though. Others should try it. Not just, I don't like it it sucks.

Anyways, now I really don't give a flying !#$& what people say about me expressing my enjoyment with HH products. I enjoy them and will continue to support them until they screw me over (if ever). That's all!
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 04:31 AM   #27
dugabrams
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Thank you Sylvan for the kind complement. It's like, you can't express your opinion and then provide proof without getting lambasted for it. I am saying it here and now, Hard Hero is not my favorite statue manufacturer! Get it through your thick skulls I will support and expound on my opinions with completeness concerning HH though. Others should try it. Not just, I don't like it it sucks.

Anyways, now I really don't give a flying !#$& what people say about me expressing my enjoyment with HH products. I enjoy them and will continue to support them until they screw me over (if ever). That's all!
Well then I say we agree to disagree on Hawkeye.

I didn't want to say it earlier, but I thought HHs Hulk head was far too small as well. Also, when did he look like that in comics, I don't remember that look. I would also agree with your take on the FrankinHulk look not being a favorite, but the Hulk did look that way in the beginning. Aside from the forehead, the rest looks just awesome, not just do to size. If I have a #1 complaint about both it would be niether one is nearly pissed off enough. That's what I like son much about the BD Hulk. And don't forget about the Hulk vs. Spidy. A different look for sure, but a great detailed sculp without a doubt.

I also like much that HH has to offer.The new Shellhead brings me back to the late 70's, although the stealth looks just wrong to me. The Thing is very nice, I would even say beats the BD by a wide margin.

Now if only my wife would let me spend more on toys
dugabrams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 04:31 AM   #28
Wesley Pierce
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Oh that Captain Marvel is going to be SWEET!
Wesley Pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 06:55 AM   #29
Doc Sonic
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dugabrams View Post
Now if only my wife would let me spend more on toys

OH NO YOU DIDN'T !!!!
Doc Sonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:33 AM   #30
cougartrace
I like !%&!%&!%&!%&

well said, loricstone. Nothing wrong with stating your opinion!!!

Quote:

cougartrace is offline   Reply With Quote