Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 04-13-2007, 12:24 PM   #21
alexeicrow
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

cap - what you mean by finally a high end collectible. There are a lot of crow pieces out there that are much better done than any neca crows so far. The only one that neca produced which is highly detailed and high end it teh 15 inch cold cast resin statue
alexeicrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 12:28 PM   #22
cap70
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexeicrow View Post
cap - what you mean by finally a high end collectible. There are a lot of crow pieces out there that are much better done than any neca crows so far. The only one that neca produced which is highly detailed and high end it teh 15 inch cold cast resin statue
I meant exactly what I meant. That this will be the best mass produced Crow collectible out there. I don't like any Crow collectibles in the market today. Or they are too small for my tastes, or they look bad. That's why I don't own any and have been waiting for something like this 1:1 bust for a long time.
cap70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 12:37 PM   #23
alexeicrow
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

well i must guess that you do not know of them than. If mass porduced well you are porbably correct there as the only compnaies that ever mass produced any crow statues where Mcfalane, Neca and Dragonfly. Now if you a fan of brandon lee as teh crow than neca has the best mass produced statues around. If you are a comic book fan than dragonfly has the best mass produced work around. True neca have some great detail in the 18inch crow and also the 15 inch is one of the best around, mass produced or not.

I do own another 1:1 head bust made a long stime ago butit is not that good, but fro me it was a must to have. It was done in latex. Sometimes they pop on ebay and at the moment there is one for sale.
This should be a nice addition to any collection but one thing has to be said. The howard bust (prototype for teh neca) is a lot better than what we will get as a final product but as you correctly said neca will do alterations to make the product better for casting, shiping and also to avoid breakages
Old 04-13-2007, 12:45 PM   #24
cap70

You guessed wrong buddy, I do know many Crow collectibles.
I don't collect dolls or action figures, so when I say "high end", I'm talking about high QUALITY statues and high quality busts. And there's nothing of my interest out there right now(besides this 1:1 bust). I also don't collect Latex pieces.
And nope, I'm not a fan of the comic book version. I'm a huge fan of Brandon Lee AND the MOVIE The Crow.

Quote:
well i must guess that you do not know of them than. If mass porduced well you are porbably correct there as the only compnaies that ever mass produced any crow statues where Mcfalane, Neca and Dragonfly. Now if you a fan of brandon lee as teh crow than neca has the best mass produced statues around. If you are a comic book fan than dragonfly has the best mass produced work around. True neca have some great detail in the 18inch crow and also the 15 inch is one of the best around, mass produced or not.

I do own another 1:1 head bust made a long stime ago butit is not that good, but fro me it was a must to have. It was done in latex. Sometimes they pop on ebay and at the moment there is one for sale.
This should be a nice addition to any collection but one thing has to be said. The howard bust (prototype for teh neca) is a lot better than what we will get as a final product but as you correctly said neca will do alterations to make the product better for casting, shiping and also to avoid breakages
Old 04-13-2007, 12:50 PM   #25
alexeicrow

i am refering to crow statues models and kits. I know that there are a lot of high end crow collectibile and if you are refering to those than it is another thing and i appologise.

Have you seen this bust around yet and is it for sale as yet. I did not see it in person so i cannot really say if it is good or bad. Yet what i can say is that from teh original to teh neca piece there is a difference and anyone can see that. Now which one you prefer is your opinion but i agree that things do get changed for production.

Since you are a fan of Bradon lee than i can understand maybe why other crow statutes do not appeal to you. If you are a fan of the movie, at a certain stage you must be a fan of teh comic as the movie is based on teh comic line after all. There would be no movie if there was no comic.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:51 PM   #26
Poisonous
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

This bust will definitely look better in person, as most pieces do and thinking about it, i definitely might add it as like cap says - not to many choices out there.

Brandon was awesome, may he RIP with his father and i'd love it if this bust looked good enough even for my picky (untrained unlike cap's) eyes so i could add it.
Poisonous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 01:01 PM   #27
cap70

Well, if YOU like the comic and other Crow collectibles out there, enjoy them!
I don't like them, period. They are not good enough for me, or quality enough for me.

And YES, I know MANY Crows models and kits, and I still don't like ANY of them.

Nobody saw this bust yet, but looks like it will be awesome. VERY promissing.

I have ZERO interest in the comic version, never had, never will have. I like the MOVIE The Crow and Brandon Lee, that's MORE than enough for me. Is that too difficult understand? LOL

Quote:
i am refering to crow statues models and kits. I know that there are a lot of high end crow collectibile and if you are refering to those than it is another thing and i appologise.

Have you seen this bust around yet and is it for sale as yet. I did not see it in person so i cannot really say if it is good or bad. Yet what i can say is that from teh original to teh neca piece there is a difference and anyone can see that. Now which one you prefer is your opinion but i agree that things do get changed for production.

Since you are a fan of Bradon lee than i can understand maybe why other crow statutes do not appeal to you. If you are a fan of the movie, at a certain stage you must be a fan of teh comic as the movie is based on teh comic line after all. There would be no movie if there was no comic.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:06 PM   #28
cap70

Quote:
Originally Posted by GentleMidget View Post
This bust will definitely look better in person, as most pieces do and thinking about it, i definitely might add it as like cap says - not to many choices out there.

Brandon was awesome, may he RIP with his father and i'd love it if this bust looked good enough even for my picky (untrained unlike cap's) eyes so i could add it.
Brandon was fantastic, so was his father.
LOL, you will buy this bust man. Who you think you are fooling, other than yourself? I will make you buy it lol
Old 04-13-2007, 01:12 PM   #29
alexeicrow

i think you are getting me all wrong here, cap. First of all i do not like collectoibiles. I just collect statue and models related to the crow. I do my thing and the other do theirs.

You can be interested in whatever you like, after all that is your own thing. Any it is not that difficult to understand as everyone has his own thing - lol

As for you know many crow models and kits - here I real find it hard to believe that since you know about MANY crow models and kits, you do not find one that looks a lot like brandon. If you not like them that is another thing but there are some good quality and good representations of brandon lee as the crow, but it must be said that there are a lot of poor ones as well.

As a crow collector i am eager to see this piece and i glad that you are saying that it looks promising, so that it will be a nice piece for everyone to own. After all i cannot wait till it is out.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:15 PM   #30
alexeicrow

that is the one howrad did. Just howard one is the prototype, teh neca one is teh one that will be mass produced for us to buy