Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 11-15-2007, 12:08 PM   #21
superdoug
Minister of ROT

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablocruze View Post
Something that really gets my goat:

When I say "Thank You" to a waiter/waitress, clerk or salesperson and instead of saying "You're Welcome" they say "No Problem."

I understand that some people think that No Problem = You're Welcome, but in my lexicon, they are different and the almost universal use of "No Problem" makes me want to scream.
Oh, for sure. When I waited tables, I was very careful to use terms like 'my pleasure' or 'certainly' in addition to 'thank you.' If a customer apologized for being difficult or something, -then- I would say 'it was no problem at all'. But then, I was raised with good communication skills and an actual dictionary.
superdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 12:10 PM   #22
Johnneeukca
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickwm68 View Post
People who back into parking spaces, especially when it's next to my car. I mean what are they trying to prove, it's more difficult to back into the spot than it is to back out.
That's me. I always back in. It's actually easier to do than navigate your front end between two parked vehicles.
Johnneeukca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 12:11 PM   #23
Davidian
Omega Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat_collector View Post
you guys sound like a bunch of old foggies
Haha, we're just a bunch of grumpy old men. lol
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 12:11 PM   #24
pablocruze
Minister of GORE/ROT Mod Relations

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdoug View Post
Oh, for sure. When I waited tables, I was very careful to use terms like 'my pleasure' or 'certainly' in addition to 'thank you.' If a customer apologized for being difficult or something, -then- I would say 'it was no problem at all'. But then, I was raised with good communication skills and an actual dictionary.
And saying "it was no problem at all" is an appropriate response while just "no problem" is dismissive at best...it doesn't make a customer feel welcomed...
pablocruze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 12:15 PM   #25
Johnneeukca
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidian View Post
People who whine about things but don't do anything about it.

Example: people whining that they're fat, but don't try and eat right or even exercise, while stuffing their face with McDonalds or women that know they're fat or chunky, but they ask you if they look fat in a certain outfit, knowing full well that they do, but they get pissed when you tell them the truth. My ex did that to me all the time and pissed me off instantly, I'm blunt, I tell it like it is and can't help it.

People who don't use their turn signals.

People who pull out in front of you then don't even go the speed limit.

People who chew loudly, or "smack" their food, or chew gum with their mouths open...makes me wanna punch em' in the mouth!

Gold diggers.

People who are nice to your face, then when you're not there, they talk sh!t about you and you either catch them, get word of it, or just KNOW.

People who just flat out litter, or who TRY and throw something away, but miss the garbage can and DON'T pick it up and throw it away.

I could go on, but I could get banned if I do....lol

Dude, I think you are me!

Although I have to add two things:

People who will do absolutely ANYTHING for their kids (like racing doewn the highway and cutting people off to get home early for Halloween, or jumping line-ups and getting into fights to get the last Wii.) Sometimes, "no, you can't" is better.

People who don't get etiquette on public transport. (pushing from behind to get on, stepping in front of you to get a seat, savings seats for friends, pretending not to see that pregnant lady that's standing up when their are no seats left).
Johnneeukca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 12:19 PM   #26
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

I hate people who smoke and walk... that just pisses me off... like I want to walk in your smoke trail... I think Smoke walking should be illegal... I think Streets should have designated smoking areas....

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 12:21 PM   #27
Davidian
Omega Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnneeukca View Post
Dude, I think you are me!

Although I have to add two things:

People who will do absolutely ANYTHING for their kids (like racing doewn the highway and cutting people off to get home early for Halloween, or jumping line-ups and getting into fights to get the last Wii.) Sometimes, "no, you can't" is better.

People who don't get etiquette on public transport. (pushing from behind to get on, stepping in front of you to get a seat, savings seats for friends, pretending not to see that pregnant lady that's standing up when their are no seats left).
Haha, yeah I agree with ya! Makes me think of that movie with Arnold in it, about the parents fighting over the last toy....that's how peeps get shot!
Old 11-15-2007, 12:22 PM   #28
pablocruze

People who throw burning cigarettes from their cars...makes me wish I was a cop.

People who pull into gaps in traffic that are smaller than is safe, causing the drivers behind them to brake hard to avoid them and ultimately causing slowed and stopped traffic on the freeway.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:24 PM   #29
Davidian
Omega Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablocruze View Post
People who throw burning cigarettes from their cars...makes me wish I was a cop.

People who pull into gaps in traffic that are smaller than is safe, causing the drivers behind them to brake hard to avoid them and ultimately causing slowed and stopped traffic on the freeway.
I agree with you bro. When I was little, someone did that and a fire started. Stupid ass people.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:25 PM   #30
pablocruze

Not getting the Blinding Chrome Frankie Raye Nova or the Cube Base Sasquatch...not that it really mattered to me, but it would be nice to get lucky once.