Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 11-16-2007, 01:37 PM   #21
P1X4R
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
Whatever you do please don't start collecting comic art. I don't want to compete with you. Your luck is just too damn impressive.
lol. i looked into it at one time and then ran away as fast as i could! very nice but damn expensive!
P1X4R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 02:03 PM   #22
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1X4R View Post
lol. i looked into it at one time and then ran away as fast as i could! very nice but damn expensive!
Exactly so stay away!
Old 11-16-2007, 03:12 PM   #23
glassdancer
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
If I were you I would wait. If Gentle Giant continues to self destruct and the lose the the Star Wars license, these busts will end up going for alot less on ebay.
Fair enough.

I do hate Gentle Giant.

Well their customer service,......or "Lack there of!" as well as their principles.......or "lack there of", ......and their poor attention to detail when it comes to the collector. They are probably the most "un-collector" friendly company I have come across to date.

It's sad that some of their pieces are actually really good (in my opinion),...which makes it even harder to stop buying their pieces. Now what I do IS NOT buy directly through them. I'll always buy from EBAY or others...
glassdancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 03:26 PM   #24
Krypton Knight
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassdancer View Post
Fair enough.

I do hate Gentle Giant.

Well their customer service,......or "Lack there of!" as well as their principles.......or "lack there of", ......and their poor attention to detail when it comes to the collector. They are probably the most "un-collector" friendly company I have come across to date.

It's sad that some of their pieces are actually really good (in my opinion),...which makes it even harder to stop buying their pieces. Now what I do IS NOT buy directly through them. I'll always buy from EBAY or others...
IMO, their customer service is practically non-existant. I had been trying multiple times for 3 months to cancel my order for the Royal/Senate Guard busts by using the "contact us" part of their website. Not once did I ever get a reply nor did my order get cancelled, they arrived last week.

Last edited by Krypton Knight; 11-16-2007 at 03:57 PM. Reason: cant spell for s#!t.
Krypton Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 03:35 PM   #25
glassdancer
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krypton Knight View Post
IMO, their customer service is practically non-existant. I had been trying multiple times for 3 months to cancle my order for the Royal/Senate Guard busts by using the "contact us" part of their website. Not once did I ever get a reply nor did my order get cancelled, they arrived last week.
I don't understand...is there nobody who works there...?? I mean with all the complaints,......DO THEY REALLY JUST NOT GIVE A $HIT!!!!!!???
Old 11-16-2007, 03:41 PM   #26
thx217
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassdancer View Post
I don't understand...is there nobody who works there...?? I mean with all the complaints,......DO THEY REALLY JUST NOT GIVE A $HIT!!!!!!???
Lol. Now you know.
thx217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 04:02 PM   #27
Shanester
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I di the same thing about 2 months ago. I just couldn't take the stupid messes that GG kept creating for itself and their fans. I lost EVERY single Mini-bust raffle they held.

Bottom line...it just wasn't fun anymore. I'm out. No more SW busts from GG, for me.
Shanester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 10:04 PM   #28
jet_force_juno
Kindly Asked To Leave

Good thread this.

I'm only a very casual observor of things GG, having only vague interest in the Animated Maquette line.

It has always surprised me how they seem to sell countless versions of the same looking clone trooper.
Anyway, can someone explain to me what the "rock star" business was all about. It sounds unintentionally hilarious.
jet_force_juno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 10:07 PM   #29
glassdancer
Kindly Asked To Leave

I hate Gentle Giant!!
Old 11-16-2007, 10:09 PM   #30
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet_force_juno View Post
Anyway, can someone explain to me what the "rock star" business was all about. It sounds unintentionally hilarious.
Here is the original article from Gentlegiantltd.com that started their "rock star" tour. I hope they enjoy their 15 minutes of fame.

GENTLE GIANT TRAVELS THE WORLD WITH STAR WARS EXCLUSIVES

Five Special Clone Trooper Commanders, Other Items Only Available on Worldwide Tour

February 10, 2007, Burbank, Ca. – Gentle Giant Ltd. is ready to take the world and collectors by storm with an unprecedented five-city worldwide tour. While traveling the globe, the company will make a special, exclusive Star Wars Clone Trooper Commander mini-bust available at each of the five locations.

“Why should rock stars and movie celebrities have all the fun?” asked Gentle Giant Vice President of Product Development and Design Dev Gilmore. “We figure it’s high time the collectibles industry had its own world tour, so we’re taking the lead and having a lot of fun. And of course, we want to invite everyone to come join us, so we’re making it worth your while thanks to some very cool, exclusive Clone Trooper Commander mini-busts.”

As amazing as the Clone Trooper Commanders are, Gentle Giant knows that a single exclusive does not a party make. So the company is offering multiple tour exclusives to go along with the specific location exclusives. The Gentle Giant Worldwide Tour 2007 Exclusives include a Yoda/R2-D2 Animated-style maquette and a special Bust-Ups 2-pack of Han and Luke in Stormtrooper armor. There will also be other exclusives at some of the five events, which will be announced soon.