Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 01-22-2008, 01:53 PM   #21
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
I hate personalized art..... However if you really want a cover and someone had there name written on it what do you do... The Wonder Woman #22 cover by Perez that was used for the stamp was personalized but I wanted it so........ I'm stuck with his name on it.
Good point. I wouldn't pass on certain cover art I want if it had been personalized to someone. There are covers and splashes I want regardless of who its been personalized to.

I would never by a commission piece that had been personalized to someone else.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:53 PM   #22
protector2814
Phoenix

When I was 13, I went to a comic convention w/ $25. I saw that Gil Kane was drawing sketches and blew my whole $25 on a sketch. We talked for a while as he drew and when he was finished he asked who he should sign it to. I told him my name. Now that I'm older and he's passed, the personalization means something to me. I'm glad he asked. Of course, I realize that the value is less but it's still cool.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 02:14 PM   #23
Teague
Iron Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
When I was 13, I went to a comic convention w/ $25. I saw that Gil Kane was drawing sketches and blew my whole $25 on a sketch. We talked for a while as he drew and when he was finished he asked who he should sign it to. I told him my name. Now that I'm older and he's passed, the personalization means something to me. I'm glad he asked. Of course, I realize that the value is less but it's still cool.
See, I think that's cool. Original stuff should have a name on it, I think. Or maybe not "should", but it makes sense. I'd love to get an original sketch someday (maybe this year at SDCC...though I really don't know how these things work) signed to me.

The pages from published work, though, seem like a bad idea to have signed. Those aren't done for any one person--they belong to the comic community.
Teague is offline   Reply With Quote