grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillis3 View Post
Your room looks great Grandpa!!
thank you
Old 04-16-2008, 08:52 PM   #22
'Nuff
ROT Minister of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms

They ran that crap about the web-shooters for too many years...That and the camera not working...

Iffin Peter is smart enough to figure out how to build a web-shooter...Why wasn't he smart enough to put a "fuel gauge" on it...
'Nuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 08:54 PM   #23
ALEX23
The Avengers

Spidey has always been my biggest thing. Grew up on it, loved the cartoon. Always will be the number 1 out of all the stories I loved.

I really hated the whole OMD thing and don't really care for BND either. Like you guys said, it feels like writing from a different era and I just think its silly. However I'm continuing to buy and read the issues. I'm hoping it gets better. You know, maybe have some of the classic villains return.
ALEX23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 08:58 PM   #24
hillis3
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Nuff View Post
They ran that crap about the web-shooters for too many years...That and the camera not working...

Iffin Peter is smart enough to figure out how to build a web-shooter...Why wasn't he smart enough to put a "fuel gauge" on it...
Exactly, you can not tell me that writers were saying, "You know what would be great and help us free up our creativity, let's have him run out of web fluid every other issue again."

I'm still holding out that I am missing something and what we are seeing is not exactly what is happening.
hillis3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 09:07 PM   #25
Teague
Iron Man

I've been a huge Spidey fan for years now. Honestly, I got my start with Spidey Super Stories, really, and never looked back.

I'm seven issues away from finishing my Amazing Spidey run. (Not including AF15.) Wish me luck...with a few of the ones I have left, I'll need it.
Teague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 09:08 PM   #26
'Nuff
ROT Minister of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillis3 View Post
Exactly, you can not tell me that writers were saying, "You know what would be great and help us free up our creativity, let's have him run out of web fluid every other issue again."

I'm still holding out that I am missing something and what we are seeing is not exactly what is happening.
I ain't read any of them...But am keeping up with in the Reviews posted every week...
'Nuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 09:58 PM   #27
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teague View Post
I've been a huge Spidey fan for years now. Honestly, I got my start with Spidey Super Stories, really, and never looked back.

I'm seven issues away from finishing my Amazing Spidey run. (Not including AF15.) Wish me luck...with a few of the ones I have left, I'll need it.
Wow - 7 issues? That's awesome Teague (and yes I still say awesome - and I also say "book it" for "run really fast") I almost finished my Hulk run - 1 issue left - and it was such a great ride!
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:13 PM   #28
rilynil
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpa View Post

WOW, grandpa! I LOVE the black-background Spidey in the top right and the big Sinister Six cover! Are those customs? Vintage? I'd love to have copies of those on my wall!
rilynil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:16 PM   #29
rilynil
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

As for today's ASM, it is getting better with every issue. The last two issues (not counting today's because I haven't read it yet) have been incredible fun. I'd rank ASM among the top 15 comic series I look forward to each month, and I couldn't say that until Brand New Day (and the fact it comes out three times a month is AWESOME!). Spidey should be fun, and BND is getting more fun all the time.
rilynil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:16 PM   #30
SD RUM
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Great room grandpa!! Love that Green Goblin painting/print!!
SD RUM is offline   Reply With Quote