Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 05-12-2009, 07:06 PM   #21
DeKind
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Bad paint? It looked good in the pics.

EFX may do it but damn slow releases to hell!

DeKind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 07:14 PM   #22
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

The paint isn't bad, it's just basic and what you would expect out of China.

That being said, wonderful customs have been done that bring it up to actual prop levels, it's all in the weathering.
CessnaDriver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 05:04 AM   #23
vader-nator
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

My paint job is as good on my MR y-wing as my efx- x-wing so I am just happy to give them both a good home. Sorry to hear some of you guys got bad ones.

The detail bits and bobs in the Y-wing are so numerous that Amy said that they couldn't have made it as cheap as the x-wing these days. Times are a changing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post

That being said, wonderful customs have been done that bring it up to actual prop levels, it's all in the weathering.
vader-nator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 01:18 AM   #24
leplant
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post

I had three that I was going to use to create a diorama. The paint was basically the same on all three. I also heard a lot of the same on the RPF, so I believe that it was a very common problem. The weathering was tolerable and could have been played with, and fixed if the base coat was grime rather than dark gray. The rumor is that the edition size was set at 750, but the run was cut short at 500 because there was so much negative feedback on the paint. The model itself was great, but I figure if your going to need to paint the whole thing, you might as well get your hands on a studio scale garage kit a save a little dough.
leplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 03:38 PM   #25
Josh2K4
Nightwing

theres one up on the bay atm

http://cgi.ebay.com/Master-Replicas-...3A3%7C294%3A50

only ships to US though...
Josh2K4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 09:07 AM   #26
zimmermouse
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh2K4 View Post
only ships to US though...

I hate it when they do that...What difference does it make sending this piece registered to other countries besides US??Buyer will pay extra for shipping at the end, no worries here..
Luckely the piece is not complete so i don't have to bother that much as I am not interested.
zimmermouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 02:54 PM   #27
DeKind
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmermouse View Post
I hate it when they do that...What difference does it make sending this piece registered to other countries besides US??Buyer will pay extra for shipping at the end, no worries here..
Luckely the piece is not complete so i don't have to bother that much as I am not interested.
unless international buyers are willing to pay hundreds for Fedex or UPS international ontop of the additional VAT charge they dont get to bid. Often times this alone puts off international bidders. The problem is the vastly cheaper USPS option doesnt allow for any form of delivery confirmation outside of the US. Once its handed over to a foreign postal service its essentially delivered as far as they're concerned. This causes problems should the item become lost or damaged allowing the buyer to screw the seller since Paypal defaults in their favor if they file a complaint for either of the stated reasons.

Its a hassel, plain and simple. Not to mention some countries have notoriously bad customs issues, like Italy, where they will happily hold a package hostage until additional fees they set at their discretion are paid.
DeKind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 05:09 PM   #28
vader-nator

Angry

Same for Australia.

My Iron Man Bust cost me $500 USD to fed ex because postal service refused big box. ( Too BIG )

BUT

AUSTRALIAN CUSTOMS IS A JOKE

I once paid $2000 USD for a very rare item at the time it was unobtainable.. Customs currency conversion was $3000 AUD, THey charged me $300 for every thousand. Seller sent fast fast fed ex. CUSTOMS held it up and refused to release it until $900 ransom tax paid. So super expensive Fed Ex for nothing plus extortion. Stupid Obi Wan AFBB MR Saber cost me over $4000.

Always ask seller if willing to put low value on customs form before buying from them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKind View Post
unless international buyers are willing to pay hundreds for Fedex or UPS international ontop of the additional VAT charge they dont get to bid. Often times this alone puts off international bidders. The problem is the vastly cheaper USPS option doesnt allow for any form of delivery confirmation outside of the US. Once its handed over to a foreign postal service its essentially delivered as far as they're concerned. This causes problems should the item become lost or damaged allowing the buyer to screw the seller since Paypal defaults in their favor if they file a complaint for either of the stated reasons.

Its a hassel, plain and simple. Not to mention some countries have notoriously bad customs issues, like Italy, where they will happily hold a package hostage until additional fees they set at their discretion are paid.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:38 PM   #29
vader-nator

For all those who missed out y-wing MR $3850 USD is back.

Still zero feedback a month later. I wouldn't touch this, even with yours.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....E:B:SS:AU:1123
Old 06-13-2009, 12:52 AM   #30
thx217
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by vader-nator View Post
For all those who missed out y-wing MR $3850 USD is back.

Still zero feedback a month later. I wouldn't touch this, even with yours.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180367892407&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:AU:1123
Here's the reply from the seller.

"The buyer never paid. The buyer apparently bought many many
items on that day and didn't pay anyone. I was contacted by
many other sellers who had sold to him and we all shared the
same story. That he was just getting some funds together and
would be able to pay in a few days. A lot of sellers got burned.
Thanks for your concern. I can assure you I have nothing but
best intentions with this sale. Let me know if I can be of any
further help.

- lancehum"
thx217 is offline   Reply With Quote