Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 02-05-2009, 04:37 AM   #21
abarron
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappahead View Post
Last I heard, the UK gets the demo on the 5th too. Tomorrow! You guys don't even need a code.
Sweet
We usually get left behind.
Still waiting for the Resi 5 demo.

I will have to check it out when i get home tonight
abarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 02:53 PM   #22
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Demo's up on PSN! (UK) just downloading it now. Couldn't see it on the US store though?
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 04:45 PM   #23
snappahead
Producer
Producer

I'm downloading it now. In the US, you need a code to get access to it. Really looking forward to trying it out!!
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 05:49 PM   #24
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Just played through it a couple times. It's really short. Graphics are NO JOKE though. This game really does look incredible. Best looking console game ever? It's early to say, but so far...I think so. It felt really weird at first, but by the time I played it again, it felt pretty good. The button layout's a bit strange at first and I had a hard time getting use to the cover system, but it makes a hell of a first impression. Along with the graphics it has some fantastic sound. The guns sound great as do the explosions and screams. It's a good taste of things to come.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:16 PM   #25
Colossal
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

This is a good night

Just woke up in time to snag an X-23 ex AND Killzone 2 has downloaded, Im about to play it now.

I did read that control layout 2 was a better option for CoD4 players, so Im going with that type first.
Colossal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 02:36 AM   #26
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossal View Post
This is a good night

Just woke up in time to snag an X-23 ex AND Killzone 2 has downloaded, Im about to play it now.

I did read that control layout 2 was a better option for CoD4 players, so Im going with that type first.
The controls really do feels a bit strange at first, but I'm going to leave them alone and get use to them. I've been through a few times and I can get use to them. The hardest part for me is the cover/crouch button. I'd prefer a toggle option.
Old 02-06-2009, 05:24 AM   #27
abarron
Batman

Started downloading this and Resi 5 demo.
They weren't finished when i went to sleep so hopefully tonight
Old 02-06-2009, 10:20 AM   #28
Colossal
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Yeh, I played the default, but the R3 to Zoom layout just doesnt work for me, Im used to the left trigger.

The zoom was something I had to get used to with Resistance Fall of Man, where it doesnt release zoom upon letting go of the trigger, you have to click it again, but thats fine.

The cover/crouch is a bit tricky, especially on that layout as you have zoom AND cover right next to each other, but as you said, I think its just about going with the most comfortable of the layouts to you, and then getting used to it.

My impressions on it were that it does what he says on the tin, great visuals, great physics (although I didnt really notice much destructibility on the demo, columns didnt shatter etc like in recent vids?) and great atmosphere.

Its only on a medium setting, so hoping that ramping it up makes it more difficult too, as on the demo the AI had an improved but still Gears or COD like quality, where enemies stay in the same position and come out the same direction each time, even though you are still firing at their heads.

One question that I have though, is shadows - is it just my tv?

Dead Space, Gears, Lost Odyssey and Resident Evil 5 recently - when I look at shadows of objects and from the main character, they look kinda funky, like a collection of blurred blocks instead of a fluid shadow - I only noticed this once on Killzone when you get out of the top of the lift, and only on Sev, but is that my Samsung 32" HD TV or the game itself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappahead View Post
The controls really do feels a bit strange at first, but I'm going to leave them alone and get use to them. I've been through a few times and I can get use to them. The hardest part for me is the cover/crouch button. I'd prefer a toggle option.
Colossal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 04:47 AM   #29
snappahead
Producer
Producer

The more I play it, the more I dig it. I've been through it a good 10 times now and I see and hear things I never heard before each time I play it. The last time I played it...my team mate was downed after the end of the demo. I was hanging back messing around and he went through the last door where the demo ends and was wounded. I heard him yelling for me. I went to wlak through the last door to end the demo and a Helghast was there. Totally surprised me. I ducked behind cover and got a grenade thrown at me. Survived the grenade blast and popped out to kill him. Cool!

This game is way better than the first from a gameplay standpoint. Obviously graphics and sound too. The R3 for aim doesn't bother since I played a lot of Halo.
Old 02-07-2009, 05:29 AM   #30
abarron
Batman

Played this last night
Pretty good demo just took a little while getting used to the controls

Couldn't find the secondary fire button either