Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 09-11-2009, 11:26 PM   #21
cblakey1
Cyclops

What sucks for me is the feedback rating system. What fuzzy math are they doing where you get one bad feedback which drops you to 99.4 %. Then 100 positives later you are till at 99.4 %.

WTF is that???
cblakey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 05:13 AM   #22
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComputerFly View Post
Without buyers, there would be no sellers. If buyers don't feel 100% safe, they will shop elsewhere (Amazon).

Ebay is simply trying to make ebay as safe as any other retail environment, instead of 'Wild Wild West' style, where buyers feel afraid to do business for fear of being scammed.

As many complaints as I hear about seller's on here, I would think this would be a welcome change. It sends a message to sellers to make sure they are being clear and concise with their descriptions.

There will always be complaints about ebay, but every change they make is to grow their business, which is their job.

I did notice that email was for ebay.uk Did anyone in the U.S. get that email?
That's true but what about the seller's protection from the scamming buyers? All the changes ebay has made have been in the buyers favour.

On a side note i've just noticed alot of people registering new accounts just to bid crazy amounts on items and then close their account as soon as the auction ends, I mean wtf!?!? how do they get any enjoyment from that? these are seriously screwed up people.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 10:16 AM   #23
TrueFaith
Kindly Asked To Leave

I also agree with ComputerFly. None of these changes would be necessary if there weren't so many sellers who abuse the system. Sellers shouldn't be allowed to sell unless eBay and Paypal have access to funds should the seller be ruled against. It's been too easy for sellers to close shop and disappear leaving buyers holding the bag. If eBay wants more buyers they have to make those buyers feel confident they will not be ripped off and left in the lurch if something goes wrong. Even a simple thing like allowing sellers to post negative feedback developed into sellers using it for retaliation, and eBay wisely stopped the practice. Any moves eBay makes to make buyers more comfortable with the buying process can only lead to more people buying on eBay and more sales for sellers.
TrueFaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 02:27 AM   #24
lockford88
The Riddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith View Post
I also agree with ComputerFly. None of these changes would be necessary if there weren't so many sellers who abuse the system. Sellers shouldn't be allowed to sell unless eBay and Paypal have access to funds should the seller be ruled against. It's been too easy for sellers to close shop and disappear leaving buyers holding the bag. If eBay wants more buyers they have to make those buyers feel confident they will not be ripped off and left in the lurch if something goes wrong. Even a simple thing like allowing sellers to post negative feedback developed into sellers using it for retaliation, and eBay wisely stopped the practice. Any moves eBay makes to make buyers more comfortable with the buying process can only lead to more people buying on eBay and more sales for sellers.

while in theory that sounds lovely...in reality, it just is not the case. on a different note...those who are tired of ebay and had stores withthem and left or are thinking of leaving please read the link below. i am trying to spread the word about this site as much as possible. it has a long way to go but Ecrater is growing by the day. lots of people in this field are moving stores ther...please read if this sounds remotely interesting to you. thanks, chris

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=94923
lockford88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 07:30 AM   #25
IronFist
I'm writing an unauthorized autobiography.

Until eBay starts hemorrhaging sellers and their profits start to drop, all the forum venting in the world will change nothing.
IronFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 07:42 AM   #26
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronFist View Post
Until eBay starts hemorrhaging sellers and their profits start to drop, all the forum venting in the world will change nothing.
Except that it makes you AWESOME!
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:17 AM   #27
IronLungs31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComputerFly View Post
Without buyers, there would be no sellers. If buyers don't feel 100% safe, they will shop elsewhere (Amazon).

Ebay is simply trying to make ebay as safe as any other retail environment, instead of 'Wild Wild West' style, where buyers feel afraid to do business for fear of being scammed.

As many complaints as I hear about seller's on here, I would think this would be a welcome change. It sends a message to sellers to make sure they are being clear and concise with their descriptions.

There will always be complaints about ebay, but every change they make is to grow their business, which is their job.

I did notice that email was for ebay.uk Did anyone in the U.S. get that email?

I couldn't agree with this statement more. eBay in so many words has created a different kind of criminal now. Even your average "Joe Smoe" is becoming a thief today. I couldn't be more happier with eBay these days considering that I don't really use eBay for side income, but only to make convenient purchases for myself.