Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 06-09-2013, 09:30 PM   #291
FROBAY
Phoenix

Just opened mine, mini gun was broken, emailed for replacement.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:24 AM   #292
cpluse2
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
:thinking

Sorry to hear that , I hope there enough extras to get it replaced. UPS or Fedex? I realized they shipped ups.i never like them in Tx so i preferr fedex. Im hoping mine comes not damaged and you get your fixed.
cpluse2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:33 AM   #293
Shallow_
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Bummer man, yes with such a big and complex piece I hope they have produced some surplus attachments/spare parts..
Shallow_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:39 AM   #294
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Bummer. Hope they get you squared away. This piece looks really fragile.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:00 PM   #295
cpluse2

Quote:

Hello hows it going.

I just received my Samurai.Sorry to hear you gun was broke. But can i ask you what do you think of yours. From the pictures from GG site. His armor seems more shinier like more goldish bronze. The detail looks amazing. Just paint seems a little darker then i thought.

I have not seen him in pure sunlight but my room is not dark either. Im just wanting to know is this across the board since i heard of GG high quality. Is this just the final product or did i get a bad one? Since there only one set of pic shown on here would like to see others. I just want feedback. This is my first GG and other always give high marks on quality.

Weird part is i like it. But would like to see brest plate a little more like there pics online.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	S.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	169.5 KB
ID:	78983  
Old 06-12-2013, 07:07 PM   #296
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpluse2 View Post
Hello hows it going.

I just received my Samurai.Sorry to hear you gun was broke. But can i ask you what do you think of yours. From the pictures from GG site. His armor seems more shinier like more goldish bronze. The detail looks amazing. Just paint seems a little darker then i thought.

I have not seen him in pure sunlight but my room is not dark either. Im just wanting to know is this across the board since i heard of GG high quality. Is this just the final product or did i get a bad one? Since there only one set of pic shown on here would like to see others. I just want feedback. This is my first GG and other always give high marks on quality.

Weird part is i like it. But would like to see brest plate a little more like there pics online.
I've got a replacement coming. Love GG Customer service

I'm a little disappointed on the colors. It's pretty flat in person. It's not yours it changes a bit in sunlight but overall the color is just blah. The sculpt is fantastic but it loses its detail with the horrible colors. I'm keeping it to complete my collection but a real bummer.

There is just to much black on the piece and the gold is very washed out. It has a dirty feel to it.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:30 PM   #297
cpluse2

Quote:
I've got a replacement coming. Love GG Customer service

I'm a little disappointed on the colors. It's pretty flat in person. It's not yours it changes a bit in sunlight but overall the color is just blah. The sculpt is fantastic but it loses its detail with the horrible colors. I'm keeping it to complete my collection but a real bummer.

There is just to much black on the piece and the gold is very washed out. It has a dirty feel to it.
I must agree 100% but the d sculpt (subject) of him i just love and detail. BUt the color does take allot from him. Glad to know im not the only one. I hear all the hipe about how GG is so into detail and paint jobs. I can say there not as high on the scale as my ARH Thor... But i still like it. I was all for getting HoneyTrap, now i will not just buy, i will wait to see comic con ones. And still think it over. Thanks again and glad to hear they have a replacement.
Old 06-14-2013, 11:26 AM   #298
Prevail69
Kindly Asked To Leave

Just got mine the other day.

Leg is Broken

Im in Canada and went through a 2nd party store. Never had a broken statue before...This box is massive, Ugh it could be a headache to resolve
Prevail69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:50 PM   #299
ambasah
Red Skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prevail69 View Post
Just got mine the other day.

Leg is Broken

Im in Canada and went through a 2nd party store. Never had a broken statue before...This box is massive, Ugh it could be a headache to resolve
sorry to hear. Didn't know ADs could get this. Who did you order from? I may try and use them for future orders...
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 05:00 AM   #300
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
Just got mine today. An epic day in my statue collecting days. Picked it up from the post office with Lurtz which was a surprise.

Looks like it's flawless so far but I can't tell until I set him up.

One question, guys. Where did they pack the screws for the statue?
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote