Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 10-09-2020, 12:32 AM   #291
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch View Post
I seem to remember people being forced to take Sideshow credits for undelivered PCS products.
Only the lucky ones got sideshow credit, everyone else got screwed by jerry when he dumped the shell company on the clueless new owners, took the all the Pre-order money and ran.

This is PCS/jerry all over again.

That’s why I never do preorders anymore, you can pretty much get most statue nowadays for their retail price right after they ship. So what’s the point of giving your money to some no name to hold for 2 years on the hope they won’t screw you over.
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 12:33 AM   #292
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
I seem to remember people being forced to take Sideshow credits for undelivered PCS products.
Sideshow was working with PCs. PCs was doing refunds as they sold something a lot of that money would go to refunds or you could get a credit with sideshow instead. The benefit of the credit was you didn’t have to wait.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 12:38 AM   #293
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
Only the lucky ones got sideshow credit, everyone else got screwed by jerry when he dumped the shell company on the clueless new owners, took the all the Pre-order money and ran.

That’s why I never do preorders anymore, you can pretty much get most statue nowadays for their retail price right after they ship. So what’s the point of giving your money to some no name to hold for 2 years on the hope they won’t screw you over.
Mostly correct. The jerry part hit the nail on the head. See above post
The new owners were forced into a deal with sideshow to avoid bankruptcy due to jerry. This was the only way to save their company and make things right with buyers. It was very frustrating for buyers still as if they didn’t want a sideshow credit then they had to wait in line for refund.
Old 10-09-2020, 12:42 AM   #294
extracomputer.1

Keep in mind I am in no way defending cc. Just noticed sideshow listed it and other then screwing customers on shipping costs I am not aware of sideshow ever screwing anyone.

I would still be losing a lot of sleep if I had thousands tied up with them. Never know how it will end. Silence is disturbing from them.
Old 10-09-2020, 03:17 AM   #295
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
For money that was paid to PCS, any payments made to SS would be refunded in cash. Prior to the switch SS was not listing their products I believe.

Quote:

Anyone could get credit pretty much, the exception was those who cancelled and were waiting on refunds prior to the switch. Though they've since said you could get credit for that too though since I was not in that position I don't know if that actually panned out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by extracomputer.1 View Post
Mostly correct. The jerry part hit the nail on the head. See above post
The new owners were forced into a deal with sideshow to avoid bankruptcy due to jerry. This was the only way to save their company and make things right with buyers. It was very frustrating for buyers still as if they didn’t want a sideshow credit then they had to wait in line for refund.
Also to add the deal with SS was originally cash refunds, but SS changed their mind when they got a flood of cancellations for credit and PCS no doubt was forced to accept this.

If you ordered this from SS and SS took your money they should pay it back, in cash not just credit.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 02:13 PM   #296
allosaur176
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

At this point, I would take the Sideshow credit for the exact amount that Chronicle owes me.
allosaur176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 02:33 PM   #297
statuehungry
A day without sunshine is like... night.

i tried that route with sideshow, they will not credit anything that was placed with CC directly, it is literally a waiting game, the notice did say we will get an update in roughly 30 days, fingers crossed
statuehungry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 09:18 PM   #298
Vader
Ghost

Quote:

didn't sideshow take over the preorders? or only certain ones?
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 04:32 AM   #299
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by statuehungry View Post
i tried that route with sideshow, they will not credit anything that was placed with CC directly, it is literally a waiting game, the notice did say we will get an update in roughly 30 days, fingers crossed

To be fair, you can't really expect them to credit refunds for another company. I do hope that Chronicle do the right thing by all of you guys however... Or at least somebody with the power to do so does it on your behalf if CC wont.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 03:30 PM   #300
cratercritter
The Spirit

If one (a customer) buys a CC product item directly through Sideshow, then Sideshow takes on the responsibility of the transaction via the customer, not the third party (CC). As the purchase contract in that case is between the customer & Sideshow. Hence, Sideshow is obliged to reimburse or refund any money outlaid by the customer. Is that right?
Alternatively, there are other avenues to get a refund....VISA, Bank, Paypal etc. of course CC if allowed by the Sideshow contract.
cratercritter is offline   Reply With Quote