Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 05-17-2012, 01:22 AM   #291
Astounding
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I actually paint models for a living.
Self-employed graphic artist.
Used to work for Kenner Toys & Hasbro.
<---- Oh and I painted that guy over there.
Astounding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:55 AM   #292
flushblack
Frackin!

fisherman up until 12-13yrs ago, been a wharfie(stevedore) since then
just dont tell my comrades what i collect,.....fcuk knows why, they're mostly a bunch of girls anyway
flushblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 08:49 PM   #293
ahabmike
U talkin' to me?

English prof. / aspiring horror novelist
ahabmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:52 PM   #294
hotrodhoodrat
What is a free gift? Aren't all gifts free?

Unemployed at the moment... hope to find a f/t time job soon,
my p/t job isn't going to help once the Gov/Fed's kill off,
emergency UI, hell I've only been on unemployment for 7mo., just got a call from the employment office,
telling me my extension will not continue through the full term, their goes my collecting...
hotrodhoodrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:14 PM   #295
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodhoodrat View Post
my p/t job isn't going to help once the Gov/Fed's kill off, emergency UI, hell I've only been on unemployment for 7mo., just got a call from the employment office, telling me my extension will not continue through the full term, their goes my collecting...
Best of luck, bro; I've never been as financially f#cked as I am this year, but... life goes on, right?

I'd love to be able to get Unemployment, but I can't since I still manage to swing 2-3 vo jobs a month, which disqualifies me. Once I get a local Agent, that number will improve.

My main goal is to get another teaching position, but that's a long road since I'm "new" again to CA.; I'm still doing my courier business, but at this point I'd take a hotel job again, or stock shelves or something.

Figuring out that there's no harm in looking for work that you're overqualified for... money is money.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:38 PM   #296
rilynil
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodhoodrat View Post
my p/t job isn't going to help once the Gov/Fed's kill off,
emergency UI, hell I've only been on unemployment for 7mo., just got a call from the employment office,
telling me my extension will not continue through the full term, their goes my collecting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonus View Post
Best of luck, bro; I've never been as financially f#cked as I am this year, but... life goes on, right?

I'd love to be able to get Unemployment, but I can't since I still manage to swing 2-3 vo jobs a month, which disqualifies me. Once I get a local Agent, that number will improve.

My main goal is to get another teaching position, but that's a long road since I'm "new" again to CA.; I'm still doing my courier business, but at this point I'd take a hotel job again, or stock shelves or something.

Figuring out that there's no harm in looking for work that you're overqualified for... money is money.

I've found out (along with 100 of my co-workers) that I'll be unemployed at the end of September. I haven't gone on a job interview in 21 years. These past three weeks have been difficult, but I suspect this is only the tip of the iceberg.

I have no idea what I'll end up doing (but I'll be very grateful as long as I'm doing something).

Good luck to you guys.
rilynil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:06 PM   #297
Nitefall
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rilynil View Post
I've found out (along with 100 of my co-workers) that I'll be unemployed at the end of September. I haven't gone on a job interview in 21 years. These past three weeks have been difficult, but I suspect this is only the tip of the iceberg.

I have no idea what I'll end up doing (but I'll be very grateful as long as I'm doing something).

Good luck to you guys.
Very sorry to hear this Neil. Best wishes on the new direction your life will be unfolding for you. Will you be sticking to newspapers, if possible, or are newspapers generally on too much of a decline at this time?
Nitefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:45 PM   #298
mwf6171
internet forum tough guy

Location: Gore/Aussie Land!!! well Kansas City, MO actually..
I have been a certified athletic trainer for the past 18 years and I just, yesterday, accepted a evening custodian position at one of the local school districts. Over the past 3 or 4 years I have started working on a teaching degree and this job will enable me to finish that program and student teach. The bummer is that I will be taking a 30% pay cut.

Things will be rough, but I will be in a better position to help my family as an educator. My wife has some health issues and my previous job I worked 60-70 hours a week and was paid for only 40. This past year from December 26th through April I worked all but two Saturdays, at least I will get to see my family on the weekends now and will get paid for the hours I work.
mwf6171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:32 PM   #299
rilynil
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitefall View Post
Very sorry to hear this Neil. Best wishes on the new direction your life will be unfolding for you. Will you be sticking to newspapers, if possible, or are newspapers generally on too much of a decline at this time?
I honestly don't know. There's a chance I may get rehired during the restructuring of the company and move back to my hometown, or I could get hired at a nearby paper. The problem (one of many, actually) is that I'm most likely to get hired back into the business that is going through one of the greatest declines in the country.

After 24 years of working in journalism, I don't know what I would be hired to do outside this business. I may become a pest control man. I may join my brother in a coal mine. I may be a fast food manager. I may be a shelf stocker. I honestly don't know what I will end up doing. I'll just need another job before long.
rilynil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:21 PM   #300
Nitefall
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rilynil View Post
I honestly don't know. There's a chance I may get rehired during the restructuring of the company and move back to my hometown, or I could get hired at a nearby paper. The problem (one of many, actually) is that I'm most likely to get hired back into the business that is going through one of the greatest declines in the country.

After 24 years of working in journalism, I don't know what I would be hired to do outside this business. I may become a pest control man. I may join my brother in a coal mine. I may be a fast food manager. I may be a shelf stocker. I honestly don't know what I will end up doing. I'll just need another job before long.
What a shame to have your high qualifications and long experience not being used. A teacher of journalism would be good too. For now, like you say, almost anything will suffice. I am thinking of you and wishing for the best. Who knows what will come up.
Nitefall is offline   Reply With Quote