Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 09-04-2019, 11:12 AM   #291
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
If you are clicking on “new posts” it says the section on the right side of the screen.
On the opposite side of the screen, yes. Why should I keep looking side to side when I can see everything I need to know right there at a glance?
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 11:30 AM   #292
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Well it's not 1/3, it's 1/4. I know what their product page says, but thing is what it is. And it's absolutely 1/4.

I will never complain about more switch outs, I was just hoping if they added more it was purple gloves. Guess they probably aren't able to do it on his left hand though considering where it is on the bike.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 12:32 PM   #293
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
I disagree. It is actually very useful. When I looked for this thread to add this pic I searched for "Prime" and "Zero" and it obviously returned nothing. So I've had to try several combinations, such as "Prime" and "Bike", until I've finally managed to find it with "Batman" and "Motorcycle". And I don't want to keep scrolling down in a particular section until I find the thread. And yes, I know you can narrow a search to the Prime 1 section, I just always run a general search by maker and product. That's usually enough to find it, so why change it?

Again, I disagree - I never ever browse a single forum section - I always click on "New posts" so I see... everything that's new. Therefore, the name of the company is very useful to me to see what's what at a glance.

As for people using "Sideshow" for their threads, they actually do it - not "Collectibles", mind you. It just so happens that "Premium Format" or "Maquette" are usually enough to identify the product - such a thing can't be said of Prime 1.
The flip side of your argument is that a lot of people here actually subscribe to threads. This enables email notifications when a reply is posted in said thread with a link so you can jump into the conversation where you left off. These are very useful and are akin to having a bookmark in a book saving your place upon eventual return.

These emails only have so much room in the title before they cut off. If you’re subscribed to multiple P1 threads and every one of them starts with “Prime 1” you get about two words after that to help identify what thread it’s referring to before it cuts off. Depending on the piece and wording of the title it’s not uncommon to have no way to clearly identify which thread you’re receiving a notification on until you click the link.

Catering to members who utilize the subscription feature takes priority over members who choose not to use the search feature in a refined manner by first being in the the appropriate section.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 01:16 PM   #294
nearmint
Phoenix

I use the subscription feature. I don't get the emails, though, I just click on "Quick Links" then "Subscribed Threads". Works really well.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 01:46 PM   #295
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I use the subscription feature. I don't get the emails, though, I just click on "Quick Links" then "Subscribed Threads". Works really well.
Yeah, there are different ways to utilize the feature. FYI - if you’d like to receive email notifications you can always enable it in your User CP settings.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 01:58 PM   #296
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
The flip side of your argument is that a lot of people here actually subscribe to threads. This enables email notifications when a reply is posted in said thread with a link so you can jump into the conversation where you left off. These are very useful and are akin to having a bookmark in a book saving your place upon eventual return.

These emails only have so much room in the title before they cut off. If you’re subscribed to multiple P1 threads and every one of them starts with “Prime 1” you get about two words after that to help identify what thread it’s referring to before it cuts off. Depending on the piece and wording of the title it’s not uncommon to have no way to clearly identify which thread you’re receiving a notification on until you click the link.

Catering to members who utilize the subscription feature takes priority over members who choose not to use the search feature in a refined manner by first being in the the appropriate section.
Like I said, almost every time I search my way (simply using the general search) I get positive results - the only times this hasn't worked being when the original poster omitted some important bit of information. Information which, as already reasoned, I feel should be there regardless.

Members who utilize the subscription are catered for, since the name of the maker being there doesn't prevent them from receiving their subscriptions. And note they're not on that particular forum section when that happens, which was your original argument, so the name of the maker helps! Receiving a notification reading simply "Batman Statue" wouldn't be very useful either, would it?

Now, the point you're actually making is that you claim some have no way to properly identify said notifications due to the text on those titles being too long.

Well, even though I choose not to use the search feature in a refined manner (because most of the times it's not actually necessary if a sensible title was used), I happen to be subscribed to threads, too. It's not either/or. And frankly, I have rarely found myself wondering about a particular notification, if ever. I'm not saying it doesn't happen to some of our members, I'm just saying I'm not one of them. But I see how that might be a nuisance, so from now on I, for one, I'm shortening "Prime 1 Studios" to just "Prime 1". ;-)
Old 09-06-2019, 02:46 PM   #297
mva5580

I sent P1 this message about this statue, I'm interested to see their response:

Hello, I have a question about the Zero Year Batman statue I'm really looking to get clarified. So on the product page for this it states that the statue is 1/3 scale, yet from both the dimensions posted and pictures/videos that I have seen online, the statue very clearly seems to be 1/4 scale as Batman is noticeably smaller from for example the Batman Damned statue, Hush, etc.

Can you please clarify for me what scale this statue is actually going to be when it ships? And if the answer is 1/3, does that mean the size/dimensions are going to change from what is currently posted? Thank you.
Old 09-06-2019, 03:21 PM   #298
SONICobra
Batman

nice!

i bet they dont answer... lol
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 03:44 PM   #299
mva5580

Yep, I mean either they won't respond, or it'll be some "answer" dancing around the actual question and not providing anything of depth.
Old 09-09-2019, 06:34 AM   #300
Shoo
Hercules