Sailor Moon

Is it Sass:30 already?
MechWestern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 08:40 PM   #302
leplant
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by equi-nox76 View Post
Can't see that, but the good thing is you won't see them for sale anywhere anymore and surely not for retail.
So no-one has to worry about its quality and you can confidently pick up the one from Sideshow or the teased upcoming revisit from Sideshow Everybody will be able to add a Rancor to his collection.
Chris
So below retail?
leplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 09:14 PM   #303
Mandible
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fu_Manchu View Post
I don't pretend to be mean or anything, and I'm sorry if the owner is reading this, but that looks like a cheap toy. There's certain perception on this hobbie that expensive means good.
Yup - with you all the way. The paint is the killer for me, but also the insane lack of detail; on those close shots it looks like crappy lumps of clay.

I posted this on RS where they're all salivating at the mouth, but you can clearly see it's looks completely different.

(And contrary to what someone implied on RS, the lighting situation/exposure is very similar).

Mandible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 09:29 PM   #304
leplant
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandible View Post
Yup - with you all the way. The paint is the killer for me, but also the insane lack of detail; on those close shots it looks like crappy lumps of clay.

I posted this on RS where they're all salivating at the mouth, but you can clearly see it's looks completely different.

(And contrary to what someone implied on RS, the lighting situation/exposure is very similar).

That's a very enlightening side by side. The more I look at this, the more problems I see. It's not just the paint that's off.
leplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 03:33 AM   #305
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by leplant View Post
So below retail?
We will see in case one of the 83 will ever pop up
Chris
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 06:51 AM   #306
Starscream77
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandible View Post

I was pretty shocked to hear several raving about the paint myself. Paradox nerd did a review of him and the upclose pics, NOT flattering at all. just my opinion. the 'supposed' 6 grand one sold for....out of their mind.
Starscream77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 06:53 AM   #307
Starscream77
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fu_Manchu View Post
I don't pretend to be mean or anything, and I'm sorry if the owner is reading this, but that looks like a cheap toy. There's certain perception on this hobbie that expensive means good.
+1
Starscream77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 07:33 AM   #308
Vader
Ghost

there's not a lot of detail in that maquette for some reason. doesn't look like the original puppet in the details for sure. just the basic form.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 08:39 AM   #309
BrineBlank
Doh!

I only purchased the Dinosauria line and stopped after a few statues when I realized I had to purchase the statue and then pay $300 (or more) dollars to have it repainted to look as good as the prototype. A good paint job can save a piece...but if I was ticked at paying 300 or 400 bucks and being disappointed at the product I hate to imagine how I would feel after shelling out 1,000's. I'm sure a new coat of paint could do wonders for this item, but one shouldn't have to go to that extreme (even though there are obvious differences in the modeling that seem to disappoint as well). Thankfully, as far as dinos go, there are plenty of options popping up...It would be interesting to see what someone would charge as a commission piece to get something of this size done properly.
BrineBlank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 03:43 AM   #310
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

That collector was crazy enough to get both. Kudos to him for that fair comparison video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyEfx4TckBM

Chris
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote