Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-28-2017, 02:00 PM   #301
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
And by the way that picture hurts my heart because it's missing the cover.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 02:05 PM   #302
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
And by the way that picture hurts my heart because it's missing the cover.
And it's a great cover!
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 04:12 PM   #303
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
I've always preferred Batman that way, only because when they rewrote his origins and used ti as part of his psychology, Being His parents were killed using a gun and therefore he does not use the weapon of his parents killer, makes him interesting, I also like the no kill policy with him because I think that also makes him interesting.

As far as the rest of the Bat allies I think it's best if each is varied. The Robins of course would mostly follow the philosophy but I like that Red Hood has fallen from that, but is trying to come back to it. That Batwoman follows her own path and so on.

Varied moralities make for better reading, in my opinion.

As near Mint showed above, that was not always the case, but in the 50's is where it became his morality. All the books I own, starting in the 60's to now pretty much carry this moral code, and it's one of the things I enjoy with Batman.
This is a nice post that takes into account how complicated characters' origins can be (once upon a time, even Batman was simply one of hundreds/thousands being created yearly) as well as how variety amongst characters prevents monotony. What's the point of making every Batman ally the same as him? He might as well clone himself at that point.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 09:39 PM   #304
OrangeCrush
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
This is a nice post that takes into account how complicated characters' origins can be (once upon a time, even Batman was simply one of hundreds/thousands being created yearly) as well as how variety amongst characters prevents monotony. What's the point of making every Batman ally the same as him? He might as well clone himself at that point.
Couldnt agree more, but at the same time one of my favorite aspects of the comic industry in general is how you get different interpretations of various charcters by different teams of artists over the years. Just because Batman was written one way by one team of artists doesnt mean that a different team of artists doesnt have a completely different interpretation of the character.

For example, Cliff Chiang and Brian Azzarello's Wonder Woman (2011-2016). It was one of the best renditions of Wonder Woman I have seen to date and I absolutely LOVED the changes they made to Diana's origin and the greek mythylogical aspects of the story. If everyone wrote the characters the same way again and again....well, I likely would have stopped reading comics a long time ago.

Thats's likely why I have been much more open to legacy heroes than many other comic fans. I like reading different interpretations of characters and I think change is a good thing. Keep everything the same or make it so artists dont have the freedom to write their own interpretations of these characters and the industry would become stagnate very quickly IMO.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 10:44 PM   #305
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
Couldnt agree more, but at the same time one of my favorite aspects of the comic industry in general is how you get different interpretations of various charcters by different teams of artists over the years. Just because Batman was written one way by one team of artists doesnt mean that a different team of artists doesnt have a completely different interpretation of the character.

For example, Cliff Chiang and Brian Azzarello's Wonder Woman (2011-2016). It was one of the best renditions of Wonder Woman I have seen to date and I absolutely LOVED the changes they made to Diana's origin and the greek mythylogical aspects of the story. If everyone wrote the characters the same way again and again....well, I likely would have stopped reading comics a long time ago.

Thats's likely why I have been much more open to legacy heroes than many other comic fans. I like reading different interpretations of characters and I think change is a good thing. Keep everything the same or make it so artists dont have the freedom to write their own interpretations of these characters and the industry would become stagnate very quickly IMO.
Agree wholeheartedly
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 08:38 PM   #306
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post

I have no particular affinity to guns, but do like the concept/story of why/how she would end up using them.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 05:11 PM   #307
Frayhor
Sinister Six

New Batwoman print available soon, on the picture she is seen with two different hands from her statue shown at the SDCC.

Do you think this could be the Ex/collector edition ?
Frayhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 05:16 PM   #308
Gothamite
Phoenix

The print is different from the statue in terms of the hair as well.

Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 05:17 PM   #309
Y3E
Gen 13

Forget about the print, when is that statue available for preorder?
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 05:20 PM   #310
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I love Alex Pascenko's artwork (have some of his other Sideshow prints), but it's kind of disappointing that all of the other DC female prints were Artgerm and this one is by a different artist.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote