Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 03-18-2022, 01:51 AM   #301
BladeoftheMoon
Mephisto

yeah mine finally charged today too. i have the old heat gun ready...lol

Now if my Mosasaur and Indominus would arrive from SC...
BladeoftheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 04:25 PM   #302
Aidmit One
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaboy311 View Post
you may have the leg issue. hopefully, you don't. but be ready just in case. I had it but was able to fix it with heat.
I actually did eventually get mine in with heat as well....It stayed in for about a week and then popped back out by itself, breaking the front of the claw off in the process.

You can visibly see the base of mine is actually curved. It's completely warped, so that the holes are too far apart for the pegs to reach.
Aidmit One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2022, 09:21 AM   #303
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidmit One View Post
I actually did eventually get mine in with heat as well....It stayed in for about a week and then popped back out by itself, breaking the front of the claw off in the process.

You can visibly see the base of mine is actually curved. It's completely warped, so that the holes are too far apart for the pegs to reach.
Pretty much all spino bases are slightly bent, mine is too and i have seen many. Luckily, mine stayed in place after i heat it up.
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2022, 11:54 AM   #304
Aidmit One
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Pretty much all spino bases are slightly bent, mine is too and i have seen many. Luckily, mine stayed in place after i heat it up.
Wow, OK, I had absolutely no clue that it was all of them that were shipped this way. That just said so much to me about P1 and explains a lot.

I have only had one single piece so far from P1 that went together without issues...and it was the Minions on scooter statue that was for my wife...P1 has the worst quality control and the worst customer service that I've experienced so far in the years I've been in this hobby.

I've got one more piece on PO from P1 and that'll be the last thing I ever order from them.
Aidmit One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2022, 07:37 PM   #305
Thorondor_33
Blue Falcon

Quote:
How did you heat up the entire base?
Thorondor_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2022, 10:14 PM   #306
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorondor_33 View Post
How did you heat up the entire base?
Just the leg. Didn't do anything to the base.
Old 03-19-2022, 10:50 PM   #307
Thorondor_33
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Just the leg. Didn't do anything to the base.
Oh okay, I gotcha. I misunderstood and thought you were talking about heating up the base.

I do not own a heat gun. I just have a hair blower I used when needing to heat something up, but I'm not sure it'll be strong enough for the Spino. So I might need to invest in a heat gun beforehand. I also haven't proceeded with shipping my Spino yet. It's sitting in my pile of loot, while I prepare myself for the cost to ship those two big boxes
Old 03-20-2022, 06:03 PM   #308
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Oh okay, I gotcha. I misunderstood and thought you were talking about heating up the base.

I do not own a heat gun. I just have a hair blower I used when needing to heat something up, but I'm not sure it'll be strong enough for the Spino. So I might need to invest in a heat gun beforehand. I also haven't proceeded with shipping my Spino yet. It's sitting in my pile of loot, while I prepare myself for the cost to ship those two big boxes
I used a blower myself. No need for heat gun.
Old 03-20-2022, 09:11 PM   #309
Thorondor_33
Blue Falcon

Quote:
I used a blower myself. No need for heat gun.
Good to know! Thanks tama. I'm hoping luck is on my side and there's no issues with my Spino upon delivery. I already got lucky once with my Rex. Many people reported the feet on theirs didn't sit flush and the one with the peg wouldn't key in properly. But both feet on mine fit perfectly.

Did you ever take a hair blower to your Rex like you mentioned a while ago?
Old 03-20-2022, 10:58 PM   #310
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Good to know! Thanks tama. I'm hoping luck is on my side and there's no issues with my Spino upon delivery. I already got lucky once with my Rex. Many people reported the feet on theirs didn't sit flush and the one with the peg wouldn't key in properly. But both feet on mine fit perfectly.

Did you ever take a hair blower to your Rex like you mentioned a while ago?
Mine was good, used a blower and now it sits even better. Spino sits perfect on mine thans to the blower.