Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-01-2016, 12:02 AM   #301
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member

Really no such thing as accurate scale when it comes to TMNT. They've been portrayed at so many varying heights it's ridiculous. Pretty much from ~5' - 6'+. If you want to compare them with "typically average" 1:5 or 1:6 scales, so be it, but if they wind up on the small side, you could always say Sideshow was working from the low end of their size depiction.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 12:38 AM   #302
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastballSpecial View Post
Alex said they're 1/5
crisis averted

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Really no such thing as accurate scale when it comes to TMNT. They've been portrayed at so many varying heights it's ridiculous. Pretty much from ~5' - 6'+. If you want to compare them with "typically average" 1:5 or 1:6 scales, so be it, but if they wind up on the small side, you could always say Sideshow was working from the low end of their size depiction.
yep exactly why I was hoping they would be 1/5 scale, they should still display nicely with 1/4 scale pieces without looking completely out of place
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 05:33 AM   #303
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallax View Post
What price tag?
The pretend one in people's minds?
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 09:13 AM   #304
Choopie
Birdman

Glad the size was clarified. Let the ordering continue.
Choopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 09:33 AM   #305
gorocketcat
Sailor Moon

1/5 can still be pretty big. Skeletor is 1/5, and he's just over 21 inches tall.
gorocketcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 02:06 PM   #306
Igo
Producer
Producer

To give some context, they are on the smaller 1:5'ish scale. They display great with the MOTU pieces and size to our other 1:5 scale statues (Star Wars Mythos, Ralph McQuarrie Line, JSC Women of Spidey, etc.) I also hinted at another line / license we have coming up in the future, it's for all the 80's nerds and people who get the MOTU and these TMNT pieces...

But yah, we made them about 5'2" in height standing upright, and they all have a bit more to their bases, and the way all 4 pieces come together, it's a chunky display piece.
Igo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 03:56 PM   #307
Parallax
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igo View Post
To give some context, they are on the smaller 1:5'ish scale. They display great with the MOTU pieces and size to our other 1:5 scale statues (Star Wars Mythos, Ralph McQuarrie Line, JSC Women of Spidey, etc.) I also hinted at another line / license we have coming up in the future, it's for all the 80's nerds and people who get the MOTU and these TMNT pieces...

But yah, we made them about 5'2" in height standing upright, and they all have a bit more to their bases, and the way all 4 pieces come together, it's a chunky display piece.
Well the Turtles are short in the comics, so that's no biggie. Premium formats are huge, so I'm glad they're on the smaller side. I want the Turtles to be big enough to stand out (unlike the good smile ones) but are still small enough to display all 4 together within a reasonable space. I'm excited, I freaking love the Turtles so much and I love the way these pieces look.
Parallax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 04:57 PM   #308
Igo
Producer
Producer

Parallax, thanks man, means a lot. If you like how Leo looks, and how the print looks, you'll dig the statue set, Im sure of it.
Igo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 04:59 PM   #309
bonedaddy77
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:

thanks for the info. I have the old comiquettes but interested in these new ones too.

regarding the upcoming 80's license. We have MOTU and from what I read it isn't GI JOE so my guess would be Thudercats.
bonedaddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 05:32 PM   #310
Parallax
Nightwing

Quote:
Parallax, thanks man, means a lot. If you like how Leo looks, and how the print looks, you'll dig the statue set, Im sure of it.
If I could afford to buy the print (or if I had wall space to put it up) I would so buy it. Paolo Rivera is one of my favorite artists and the Turtle designs are incredible. TMNT has been my favorite since I was very young. I'm such a big fan. This is the first Turtles set I've seen that truly blew me away. I see a lot of people aren't a fan of the look, but to me it's perfect.
Parallax is offline   Reply With Quote