Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 08-24-2020, 08:10 AM   #301
khrisc
The X-Men

but the problem is as someone has mentioned..the shogun with a horse is just 100sgd more expensive than ver B..than one is very detailed too..so I also believe they overpriced this one at least ver B.
khrisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 08:20 AM   #302
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by EthanEthan View Post
I believe a lot of collectors compared to shogun that was recently release and with prestige discount it’s about SGD1799 which is only $100 more than Shugo Ver B. The size of that is much bigger, details don’t lose out to Shugo at all and the swap out parts are plenty. I don’t remember many ppl complaining about the price on that.

Yes Shugo have light and new innovation like inbuilt turntable. But tbh, it’s not groundbreaking and definitely not worth the sharp increase in price compare to their recent releases like nightwing, Robin etc which is pretty detailed as well based on the photos.

Oh well, end of the day, collectors have to decide themselves if a statue is worth it.

Cheers
More or less my opinion as well. It's hard to justify the price when shogun was only $100 more expensive.... And such a bigger piece. I don't think any details get lost either.

Just can't spend like this on a 1/4 piece no matter how detailed it is. It IS beautiful, there's no question about that but it doesn't offer enough to justify the price hike in my opinion. Congrats to those who ordered, no doubt it'll turn out great!
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 08:57 AM   #303
Iko Iko
Fantomah

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmogo89 View Post
If you live in the US and order from Spec Fiction you might end up paying around $2,600 for both pieces shipped.
Yes, you are right. I was too high on my estimate. Spec Fiction must have received good pricing because I'm shocked shipping is only $200 in the US for both of these combined (especially in this day and age of extreme shipping costs). Still a lot of cash BUT if you love it, people will find a way.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 10:41 AM   #304
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Awesome on spec fiction can do shipping at those prices. Tho i'm pretty bummed i'll have to pass on these. To fast, and to soon to have to get it paid off.

It will be pretty darn Impressive if XM can get it out before the end of the year.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 11:06 AM   #305
Kosmopeia
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post
Awesome on spec fiction can do shipping at those prices. Tho i'm pretty bummed i'll have to pass on these. To fast, and to soon to have to get it paid off.

It will be pretty darn Impressive if XM can get it out before the end of the year.
To be honest, that's more a concern for me.
I hope they don't rush them. Although I don't think XM would do that, the time frame is really short.
Kosmopeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 12:54 PM   #306
austintheng
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

To be shipped in 4 months is truly remarkable if it really happens.. Just hope the QC is done well.
austintheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 06:02 PM   #307
RyluzZ
Justice League

I think im going for both A versions. Joker the licking sword if by far my favourite, so that one is easy.

Batman the drawing sword is my favourite of all aswell, only the red chestplate and the swords I like move. But not gonna pays over 600 euros just for a chest plate....

Do I have ur guys approval ahah for both A?
RyluzZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 06:06 PM   #308
Ish3183
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyluzZ View Post
I think im going for both A versions. Joker the licking sword if by far my favourite, so that one is easy.

Batman the drawing sword is my favourite of all aswell, only the red chestplate and the swords I like move. But not gonna pays over 600 euros just for a chest plate....

Do I have ur guys approval ahah for both A?
Lol, get what will make you happy. If it helps at all, I'm of the same mindset. I like Joker version A and Batman version B for the swords but not sure I want to drop the cash on both this year.
Ish3183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 07:13 PM   #309
djmogo89
Justice League

How is GFX Distribution? Does anybody have bought from them before?
djmogo89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 09:01 PM   #310
Plato
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstgamerever View Post
I don't think it is reasonable to compare the detail on these statues to the other 1/4 statues that sell for $750. The detail on this Batman Shogu surpasses that on the OG Batman Samurai statue. That was an excellent attempt, but the design language here is something else.

The intricacy on the Joker's suit, and I do mean the teeny tiny details for those who care to look, sets new precedent for this hobby. I would much rather pay more for an exceptionally detailed 1/4 statue than pay less for the 1/3 statues we are so used to seeing.

Yes, the price is steep. Even at that price, I would still like these in my collection.
Detail is great for sure, it is the huge price increase as well as large ES number people complain about.

First, they break the rule of Max ES 999 and then increase the price 70% more than og batman and almost same as shogun. It just makes people worry about what will be happened on next statue in this line.
Plato is offline   Reply With Quote