Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-02-2012, 10:38 PM   #311
Bklynartist
U talkin' to me?

QUESTION: Noticed 'THE VISION' in several of the shots in the Sideshow Gallery.... A Simply beautiful & perfect... VISION... anyone know whats the story on him... cause ME WANTS BADLY... oh, This SCARLET... ROCKS!!!! Ten times better then Bowens... YES! ME Likes alot.!!!!!
Bklynartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:52 PM   #312
CustomPaintWork
Kindly Asked To Leave

Would've preferred a pose like this with a phasing glove..

Still interested in the piece.. but I hope SSC sell the exclusive with a regular sized base. The same size of base used for Ms. Marvel and Spider-Woman. The bases for both pieces look tiny. I assume they might offer an exclusive base platform for those interested in displaying Wanda and Vision together.

BRIEF SYNOPSIS CARE OF WIKI

The robot Ultron is the creator of the Vision, a type of android he calls a "synthezoid", for use against Ultron's own creator, Dr. Henry Pym (Ant-Man/Giant Man/Goliath/Yellowjacket) and Pym's wife, Janet van Dyne (the Wasp) of the superhero team the Avengers. Ultron sends his new servant to lead the Avengers into a trap. The Wasp is the first to encounter the synthezoid, and describes it as a "vision" while trying to escape. Adopting the name, the Vision is convinced by the Avengers to turn against Ultron.[2] After learning how Ultron created him, using the brain patterns of then-deceased Simon Williams (Wonder Man), the Vision becomes a member of the team.[3] The team initially believes the Vision's body was created from that of the android original Human Torch.[4] The Avengers later are told that the time lord Immortus used the power of the Forever Crystal to split the original Human Torch into two entities - one body remained the original Torch while Ultron rebuilt the other as the Vision. This was part of his plan to nurture a relationship for the Scarlet Witch that would prevent her from having any children, as her power level meant that any offspring she might have could threaten the cosmic beings of the Marvel Universe.[5]

Not long after joining the team, the Vision is temporarily controlled by Ultron, and rebuilds Ultron of adamantium, battling the Avengers before regaining control of himself.[6] Shortly after that, the Vision first meets Wanda Maximoff, the mutant Scarlet Witch,[7] with whom he later becomes romantically involved.[8] The two eventually marry and, via the Scarlet Witch's hex powers, they have twin boys named Thomas and William.[9]

When the Vision attempts to penetrate an energy field erected by the villain Annihilus, he "shuts down",[10] and even after regaining consciousness weeks later,[11] remains paralyzed and assumes a holographic form. He eventually regains control of his body and becomes team leader.[12] Having become unbalanced by these events, he attempts to take control of the world's computers.[13] With the aid of the Avengers, the Vision is restored to his normal self, but now closely monitored by a coalition of governments.[14]

In a storyline called "Vision Quest", rogue agents of the United States government, manipulated by the time traveler Immortus, abduct the Vision and dismantle him. The Avengers recover the parts, and Dr. Pym rebuilds the Vision, but with a chalk-white complexion. However, the revived Simon Williams does not allow his brain patterns to be used again to provide a matrix for Vision's emotions, explaining that the original process, done without his consent, had "ripped out his soul". Although Williams' own love for Wanda leads him to feel guilt, he justifies his actions by claiming the Vision was never anything but a copy of him, a claim that a number of other Avengers accept, even though he had on countless occasions prior to this referred to the Vision as "his brother". This, along with damage to the Vision's synthetic skin when he was dismantled, results in the synthezoid's resurrection as a colorless and emotionless artificial human.[15]

The original Human Torch also returns from his own apparent demise, casting doubt on the Vision's identity. The Vision and the Scarlet Witch's children are then revealed to be fragments of the soul of the demon Mephisto, who had been broken apart by Franklin Richards shortly before the birth of the twins. The twins are absorbed back into Mephisto, which temporarily drives Wanda insane. Although she recovers, Wanda and the Vision separate, each operating on a different Avengers team.[16]

The Vision gradually regains his emotions, by adopting new brain patterns from deceased scientist Alex Lipton, and gains a new body that resembles his original. In addition, Simon Williams' brain patterns gradually reemerge and meld with Lipton's patterns, restoring the Vision's full capacity for emotion.[17]

Shortly after a reformation of the Avengers, the Vision sustains massive damage in the final battle with the sorceress Morgan Le Fey,[18] and although incapacitated for several weeks, is eventually rebuilt and recovers.[19] While recovering, the Vision gives up his attempt to reconcile with his wife, although he is revealed to retain a fondness for her culture, such as visiting a restaurant that specifically caters to Wanda's childhood community simply because he enjoys the ambience. Remaining a member of the Avengers, he briefly becomes romantically involved with teammates Carol Danvers (a.k.a. Warbird/Ms. Marvel) and Mantis before attempting again to reconcile with the Scarlet Witch. Grief over the loss of the twins, however, drives Wanda insane again, and she attempts to alter reality to recreate them. This causes a series of catastrophic events that includes the Vision crashing an Avengers Quinjet into Avengers Mansion. The Vision advises his teammates that he is no longer in control of his body, and then expels several spheres that form into five Ultrons. The Avengers destroy them, and an enraged She-Hulk tears apart the remains of the Vision, having been driven to a breaking point by the rapid slew of attacks against the Avengers. The Avengers later believed that Ultron may have put a command in the Vision that would have been activated by the Avengers' Code White alert during one of the many periods in which Vision was held prisoner by Ultron, though this was never confirmed.[20] The Vision's operating system and program files are later used in the creation of Iron Lad's armor. In Mighty Avengers the original Vision is briefly separated from Iron Lad by the power of the Cosmic Cube.[21]

During the Chaos War storyline, the Vision is one of many deceased heroes restored to life after the events in the death realms.[22] Vision joins with the other resurrected Avengers in their fight against Grim Reaper and Nekra.[23] During the fight, Vision blows himself up while in battle with Grim Reaper, killing them both.[24]

Following the Fear Itself storyline, Tony Stark is able to rebuild Vision who once again joins the Avengers.[25] After being informed about what happened after his destruction, the Vision sees She-Hulk, telling her he does not blame her for what happened. He then goes to Utopia to confront Magneto, threatening Magneto to tell him where Wanda is. Magneto uses his powers to subdue the Vision but spares him, saying he believes Wanda still cares for the Vision and that Magneto does not want to hurt her more. Captain America talks to the Vision afterward, telling him he needs to move forward.[26] During a subsequent confrontation with the returned Wanda, Vision claims that her use of his body to attack his friends is something that he cannot forgive, although he cries after her departure.
CustomPaintWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:03 PM   #313
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Well I think I have just about decided to pick up SW but I will wait until after SDCC so I can see what else is going up for PO. SW will look nice displayed with Vision.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:35 PM   #314
Hercules75
Kindly Asked To Leave

The face on this sculpt is absolutely gorgeous. They gave her the traits of a beautiful Russian woman

Hercules75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:41 PM   #315
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules75 View Post
The face on this sculpt is absolutely gorgeous. They gave her the traits of a beautiful Russian woman

Someone knows beauty when they see it.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:26 AM   #316
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Scarlet Witch now has a 360 posted! Awesome, I'm glad I got to see her from all angles. I still think she looks awesome.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:28 AM   #317
Nitefall
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules75 View Post
Nitefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:37 AM   #318
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Scarlet Witch now has a 360 posted! Awesome, I'm glad I got to see her from all angles. I still think she looks awesome.

That's good news but, unfortunately, Sideshow's site appears to be down at the moment.
Old 07-03-2012, 12:41 AM   #319
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
That's good news but, unfortunately, Sideshow's site appears to be down at the moment.
LOL really? I get on it instantly.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:46 AM   #320
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
LOL really? I get on it instantly.
Interesting. I was on it earlier this evening but can't access it now with Firefox or Safari. Cleared cookies and cache and didn't help. Maybe you are getting to it from a cached copy in your browser.