Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 06-04-2015, 02:36 PM   #311
Morgul Steve
Captain Marvel

Yeah but a Ford Mustang GT is pretty nice and not all of us can afford a Ferrari.
Morgul Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 02:43 PM   #312
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgul Steve View Post
Yeah but a Ford Mustang GT is pretty nice and not all of us can afford a Ferrari.
Indeed. I will be opting for Chronicle's 1/4 Endo myself since this piece is beyond what I can afford or display. For the purists who have the money and space though, this piece is the way to go imo.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 03:21 PM   #313
CallMe_Snake
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Yeah... might as well stop trying to compare what Chronicle is offering with SS..

I've been burned by Sideshow's lousy quality and customer service way too many times. No more of that.

I certainly understand a piece like this won't be for everyone.. but comparing it to a 1/2 scale Endo from SS... as far as quality and authenticity.. nope!
Not with their current track record.

...but speaking of that $2000 statue from SS... what is it with them and the neck on these Endos??? Again those pistons and hoses are spread way out. How does anyone working there think that looks right. Ugh.. and the teeth on those photos... lol. For $2000?? No thanks.
CallMe_Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 03:33 PM   #314
kevin2323
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

i wouldn't compare this to SS. this is on an entire different level. which is why there is an extra 1000 tacked on. more like 400 now with the forum hookup

oh and edition sizes is a must and CC gives us that.
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 04:08 PM   #315
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

the 1:2 endo SS sell isn't made by them it was done by HCG (not the American one) and it's actually pretty good in person. My favourite endo released so far.

also the offer of a gun with the CC endo is very generous, makes the price much more tempting combined with the low es
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 05:07 PM   #316
ALIEN
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallMe_Snake View Post
...but speaking of that $2000 statue from SS... what is it with them and the neck on these Endos??? Again those pistons and hoses are spread way out. How does anyone working there think that looks right. Ugh.. and the teeth on those photos... lol. For $2000?? No thanks.
Snake, on the lifesize versions those hoses and that can be moved around to get a better look, the neck area on mine are completely straight and looks perfect.
Not sure about the Half Scale piece, surly they are not fixed like that!!

Regard CC's lifesize Endo :

When Paul said the edition was around 100 pieces it changed my mind on this piece, i want it!

However some questions need to be asked :

1. Is the edition truly only 100 pieces?
2. Will the statues be numbered 1/100, 2/100 to 100/100?
3. Will there be other future versions of this same endo like SS did with the V1 Chrome Version, V1 Combat Version and the current V2 version?

Also a bit difficult to place a pre-order without seeing the film first, lol!!

Cheers!
ALIEN
ALIEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 06:36 PM   #317
CallMe_Snake
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALIEN View Post
Snake, on the lifesize versions those hoses and that can be moved around to get a better look, the neck area on mine are completely straight and looks perfect.
Not sure about the Half Scale piece, surly they are not fixed like that!!
ALIEN
Maybe they can be moved, maybe not. The point is, what the hell is SS thinking displaying it like that in all of the photos?? Do they not realize how inaccurate that is, or do they just not care?

Whatever the reason is, it's a bad sign to me as a collector. It tells me they are not that passionate about what they are doing, if the prototype pictures look like that...

It's the same with the life size and the half scale, they are displayed the same with those neck parts way out of place.
Two of those parts are hoses so I imagine those can be moved, but the other two parts are rods/pistons. Those would seem to be locked in place? Hmmm...

Doesn't matter to me anyways, SS lost my business long ago. I just don't get how they can keep those licenses locked in their grip when they display such disrespect to the source material. It's sloppy really, I would never spend that much money on a product that has such an inaccurate looking presentation in the prototype pictures.

I'm so happy Chronicle exists...
Old 06-04-2015, 07:01 PM   #318
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallMe_Snake View Post
Maybe they can be moved, maybe not. The point is, what the hell is SS thinking displaying it like that in all of the photos?? Do they not realize how inaccurate that is, or do they just not care?

Whatever the reason is, it's a bad sign to me as a collector. It tells me they are not that passionate about what they are doing, if the prototype pictures look like that...

It's the same with the life size and the half scale, they are displayed the same with those neck parts way out of place.
Two of those parts are hoses so I imagine those can be moved, but the other two parts are rods/pistons. Those would seem to be locked in place? Hmmm...

Doesn't matter to me anyways, SS lost my business long ago. I just don't get how they can keep those licenses locked in their grip when they display such disrespect to the source material. It's sloppy really, I would never spend that much money on a product that has such an inaccurate looking presentation in the prototype pictures.

I'm so happy Chronicle exists...
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 07:06 PM   #319
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

I'm not about re-issuing pieces over and over, I don't like doing business like that, I feel it pisses off your fan base.

Once we get done with Paramounts order we'll announce the ES. If I had to guess it will be under 150 pieces.

I will number the regular run, no problem. I will put Paramounts numbers at the end of the list so they don't get Number 1-?

I will offer upgrades, but not newer editions. You send in your old parts and we send you new ones holding the gun, animatronic bits etc....

Paul
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 07:10 PM   #320
CallMe_Snake

That sounds awesome. I really hope I can lock one of these beauties down when they are ready for order.