Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 10-04-2020, 04:14 PM   #311
Armored_Berserk
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

All the skins part are silicone.
Armored_Berserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 04:51 PM   #312
Freakyguy666
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdude View Post
This is the furthest possible thing from a Barbie doll.
No the IS version is further. Just look at the numerous details on the face for proof.
Freakyguy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 05:12 PM   #313
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armored_Berserk View Post
All the skins part are silicone.
Is that around a polystone core? How deep does the skin go?
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 05:18 PM   #314
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
Is that around a polystone core? How deep does the skin go?
Probably no further then a inch, probably less I’m thinking.

With the Hulk it weighs quite a bit, so I’m thinking the core is Polystone wrapped in silicone.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 05:37 PM   #315
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakyguy666 View Post
No the IS version is further. Just look at the numerous details on the face for proof.
Maybe so.

But when I look at the recent photos between the two, the face is better on the Infinity piece from the eye brows down, well except for skin tones. But everything else...... heck if they fix the hairline, then it’s superior. But if not it’s like seeing an egghead. And that’s taking into account the actress naturally high hairline.

When I look at the Infinity photos even those taken at a distance my initial reaction is to jump back and not in a good way. I hope that for those getting the Infinity piece that the problem area is being exaggerated due to a lens distortion effect but...... Whereas on the Queen piece, the details are admittedly a bit softer.

On a piece such as this, more weight is given to the accurate facial details present, as it should. But that doesn’t mean it automatically makes the statue in question better. Especially when other aspects for whatever reason have an overall detrimental effect on the piece.
Old 10-04-2020, 09:26 PM   #316
Freakyguy666
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Maybe so.

But when I look at the recent photos between the two, the face is better on the Infinity piece from the eye brows down, well except for skin tones. But everything else...... heck if they fix the hairline, then it’s superior. But if not it’s like seeing an egghead. And that’s taking into account the actress naturally high hairline.

When I look at the Infinity photos even those taken at a distance my initial reaction is to jump back and not in a good way. I hope that for those getting the Infinity piece that the problem area is being exaggerated due to a lens distortion effect but...... Whereas on the Queen piece, the details are admittedly a bit softer.

On a piece such as this, more weight is given to the accurate facial details present, as it should. But that doesn’t mean it automatically makes the statue in question better. Especially when other aspects for whatever reason have an overall detrimental effect on the piece.
“Better” is a subjective term here. However just as with anything else, the only objective way of measuring their comparative value is to watch what they sell for.

Both the QS & IS WW have about the same ES. Right now the IS version is going for thousands above the original price. Let’s see where Queen’s version ends up.

My bet is that if Queen Studios refuses to correct the issues I’ve highlighted (eyebrows, frown lines, nasolabial fold) then the IS will be valued higher.

And value/money/price is the ultimate way of voting for which one people think is “better”.
Freakyguy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 09:51 PM   #317
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakyguy666 View Post
“Better” is a subjective term here. However just as with anything else, the only objective way of measuring their comparative value is to watch what they sell for.

Both the QS & IS WW have about the same ES. Right now the IS version is going for thousands above the original price. Let’s see where Queen’s version ends up.

My bet is that if Queen Studios refuses to correct the issues I’ve highlighted (eyebrows, frown lines, nasolabial fold) then the IS will be valued higher.

And value/money/price is the ultimate way of voting for which one people think is “better”.
The current value for the Infinity piece is imo still strongly tied to how spectacular the prototype was. Whereas the Queen was always a step below. These busts are expensive pieces already, and the cost to ship them are almost just as bad.

If what we’re currently seeing from both holds true, I think the Queen ‘may’ go up in value over time but probably not by much, however the question is how much the Infinity will drop. Which it may if the issue with Infinity’s can’t be masked or remedied in some fashion. But I find that once pieces explode in price, it takes awhile if ever for them to drop in value.

Just look at those custom pieces, they can look quite bad in relation to licensed pieces, but because of their demand for whatever reason they can appreciate through the roof, and these are pieces which can sometimes have very very bad face sculpts (no matter what the owner or reviewer sometimes states on their YouTube videos etc). So price or demand isn’t always determined by quality.

All I can say is that between the two of them, at how they are right now, I would take Queens over Infinity’s hands down. But if the main issue with Infinity’s is corrected that would flip my choice.
Old 10-04-2020, 09:54 PM   #318
zipkicker
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Let's also not forget that there was almost no stock available to US customers due to a big stuff up when the IS bust launched. That drove up the prices straight away.
zipkicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 09:56 PM   #319
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipkicker View Post
Let's also not forget that there was almost no stock available to US customers due to a big stuff up when the IS bust launched. That drove up the prices straight away.
True I forgot about that.

So with the limited numbers as it is, these may never sell in the after market except at ridiculously high prices.

Whereas with the Queen, the build up has been much slower, and are still able to be preordered..
Old 10-04-2020, 10:17 PM   #320
Brandon
The X-Men

Whether this will appreciate or not, I'm not sure. But I doubt it'll lose value. Not that I plan on ever selling. But if ever I had to, I'm sure I'd at least break even. And that itself is an accomplishment in this hobby.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote