Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 11-07-2021, 04:01 PM   #311
Jungle Demon
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post

this is one of those time supreme screen accuracy isn't ideal.

IDK Shoosh. I think the goofy right eye is goofy. If it were corrected i'd be happy.
I sent them a email not to correct it. Its perfect. 1:3 statue already have heads with "corrected" eyes.

Perfection! :
Jungle Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 05:01 PM   #312
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Demon View Post
I sent them a email not to correct it. Its perfect. 1:3 statue already have heads with "corrected" eyes.

Perfection! :
If you and the 7 other people that ordered this are happy, then I hope you guys get what u want.

The bust is killer but that right eye kinda has a Zeus from NO HOLDS BARRED vibe to it

The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 05:05 PM   #313
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Shoosh View Post
Why would it be so hard to believe? It’s possible that their species have deformities as much as any other species. Not to mention that the Predator’s craft consist of constant conflicts, with the baddest knights at the table.
It is hard to believe when it never happens again in any other film or scene that I'm aware with a Predator. If there was a scene with a hole in the suit showing KPH butt cheek, you guys would want that in there too I suppose because it's "screen accurate"?
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 05:19 PM   #314
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Yeah I don't really mean about this piece per se but the hobby and producer mentality overall.

There's just an underlying current that has been exposed, a raw nerve. Regardless of reasons- price, options, final result, delays, broken promises, greener grass, FOMO, or one's own addiction- people are tired of feeling like The Fool.
Nah for me it's purely the pricing of this very one piece. Prime 1 went full retard with the pricing of this bust. The problem starts with the bust and ends with the bust.

I'm still happy with the 1/3 FS and fine with the 3k price tag. On the balance of probabilities they will most likely deliver a great addition to the predator collectible world. I own their 1/2 scale endo and it is a superlative piece and by far the best original endo, so I know the kind of quality they can pull off.

I also see myself as fair on pricing on both sides of the equation. CM pred indexed to today is 2.5k. 1/3 FS DXS is $500 more with extra 3 heads and a ton of switch outs. So they have priced the 1/3 'correctly' hence why it's flying off the shelves. I cannot say the same with the bust, it's just a royal screw up in pricing, they absolutely know it and I'm very confident they now regret doing so.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 05:22 PM   #315
Jungle Demon
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
If you and the 7 other people that ordered this are happy, then I hope you guys get what u want.

The bust is killer but that right eye kinda has a Zeus from NO HOLDS BARRED vibe to it

7 rich happy bastards
Old 11-07-2021, 05:27 PM   #316
Jungle Demon
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
It is hard to believe when it never happens again in any other film or scene that I'm aware with a Predator. If there was a scene with a hole in the suit showing KPH butt cheek, you guys would want that in there too I suppose because it's "screen accurate"?
Yes. All I care is movie accuracy.
Old 11-07-2021, 05:28 PM   #317
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
they have priced the 1/3 'correctly' hence why it's flying off the shelves. I cannot say the same with the bust, it's just a royal screw up in pricing, they absolutely know it and I'm very confident they now regret doing so.
I would definitely like to be a fly on the wall in Prime 1 headquarters atm. They must have had some kind of discussion about the hugely negative feedback the price of this bust has had. They can delete our comments all they wish, but they can't be that wilfully ignorant themselves as to not have been painfully aware of it all. I can't imagine that sales are particularly high, that will speak loudly to them if nothing else does.

We talk price regularly on these boards, always have and always will. But pound for pound, I think this one might be the most blatant rip off I've personally seen. They must know this themselves....
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 05:49 PM   #318
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
I would definitely like to be a fly on the wall in Prime 1 headquarters atm. They must have had some kind of discussion about the hugely negative feedback the price of this bust has had. They can delete our comments all they wish, but they can't be that wilfully ignorant themselves as to not have been painfully aware of it all. I can't imagine that sales are particularly high, that will speak loudly to them if nothing else does.

We talk price regularly on these boards, always have and always will. But pound for pound, I think this one might be the most blatant rip off I've personally seen. They must know this themselves....
They know, I'm am 100% confident they have some lurkers monitoring these posts. This thread has blew up and not even the FF6 masterpiece can keep up with it. So much for making an extra dollar and losing ten in the process.

Any publicity is good publicity has backfired in this instance. Unless we get the biggest plot twist "Prime 1 has confirmed the trainee was meant to enter $599 but finger slipped and pressed 8 instead"
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 05:49 PM   #319
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Demon View Post
7 rich happy bastards
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 05:51 PM   #320
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
Any publicity is good publicity has backfired in this instance. Unless we get the biggest plot twist "Prime 1 has confirmed the trainee was meant to enter $599 but finger slipped and pressed 8 instead"

I think we could all forgive an honest mistake like that....
Python is offline   Reply With Quote