Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 11-14-2008, 03:08 PM   #311
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPH4T34M View Post
Well said.

I had a similar experience also in one of my first threads that I started, I lashed out without thinking and now I realise it was not worth it. We are a part of a very large community, differing opinions are a regular occurrence, its what makes conversing interesting and its how we deal with them that can make or break our experience on this excellent forum.
The caped crusader of wisdom.
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 04:14 PM   #312
Vracula
Jedi Order

ok so i received this piece,it's not bad at all,will be a very good buy for 100 to 125$! Im still selling it though!MY GF likes it!!!she tells me to sell MY SIM and keep this LOL silly bunny!
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 10:07 PM   #313
electro16
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by riderV3 View Post
You cannot fully comprehend a person by just a glace.
Instead you get an impression, and from there on you choose either to start a relationship with that person or don't talk to him/her at all.
And even if you had a positive impression, as time passes you're likely to find certain flaws, attitude or pet peeves that you either like or don't like.

It works the same with statue. What I saw in the LCS was an impression of the piece and I actually liked it so I bought it, that easy.

But a brief glace, a quick scan can only reveal so much info about a piece so there's actually a lot to be explored when you bring a piece back to your house.
(Mind you a normal person don't stand in LCS all day to decide whether to buy a piece or not)

So there I bought the IM and only to find many flaws that were not seen in the LCS, and it just doesn't grow on me like most other pieces I bought.
It feels as you fall into a foul relationship and you are decieved, because the impression and what actually presented are two differnt stories.

High end doesn't go with Koto, at all, so you don't even have to mention the word.
What I was expecting is an acceptable quality that fits the price tag but it fails to do so.
With the same retail BD and some other companies could deliver much more satisfying results.

I did point out the problems not just yapping with no reason.

I understand some of you could be tired of our so called bashing but mindless praising isn't going to make a could-be-better piece better.

So here I'm stuck in a crappy relationship but still too early to break up, under such situation I do feel some complaints are inevitable.
Now this is clear and well put. Bottom line we have different opinions,this whole debate was never meant to turn into a war but simply to better understand your point of view and why so many people bash this piece and with your description above i now understand. Lets turn the page and look forward to the upcoming pieces.
electro16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 10:23 PM   #314
electro16
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by electro16 View Post
Both you guys missed the whole point,everybody has there own opinion and that's ok but some people on here consitantly complain for imo no reason and it gets anoying. This IM is a beautiful piece and honestly i don't see how SS could do better. As far as your not liking it rider,and finding it to pricey, i have one question,WHY DID YOU BUY IT THEN?????? When people don't like something or find it to pricey they usually don't buy it,duh!! You buy something you don't like and find to pricey and then you complain about it ,next time look at it long and hard before you buy.

Barbarian i got 2 words for you,grow up. Your really immature,having to result to name calling. I could respond but your not even worth it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarian View Post
Sorry to break it to you boy, but "I could respond but your not even worth it" was already dashed previously in your post. Seems you already responded in a foolish manner before stating that you wouldn't respond at all. By the way, it would be "you're really immature" and "you're not worth it". If you'll reread my direct quote from above you may this time see that there is no name calling done. I said only what I would have called you.
Everyone here has the right to their opinion and to speak it, though it may not sit well with others. If you don't appreciate that, then why visit here? Move on if you don't like for others that disagree with you to have the same right to speak as you do. You are not the only one with a voice obviously.
Boy??? I'm just about as old as you are so i ain't no boy,bud. You obviously didn't read my prior post (above)I said everybody had there own opinion and that's fine,your the one not liking mine,you should listen to some of your lecture. I was simply trying to understand someone else's opinion. I still don't know why you go involved in 2 other peoples discution.

Anyway this has gone on too long already,lets turn the page and enjoy this site. No hard feelings bud.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:40 PM   #315
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by electro16 View Post
Anyway this has gone on too long already,lets turn the page and enjoy this site. No hard feelings bud.
Aye! I always wish to meet friends more than enemies. Shall we be friends? I hope so.
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 12:40 AM   #316
patman
What is a free gift? Aren't all gifts free?

i think the finish was not up to par but this new one looks AWESOME
patman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 01:16 AM   #317
verified
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patman View Post
i think the finish was not up to par but this new one looks AWESOME
I think it looks great too.
But some say the rivets are the size of nipples
verified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 01:21 AM   #318
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Aye! I always wish to meet friends more than enemies. Shall we be friends? I hope so.
ran out of ale huh?LOL!!
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 03:01 PM   #319
electro16
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Absolutely.
Old 11-15-2008, 03:45 PM   #320
Obi-Wan Kenobi
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonk View Post
I do appreciate the fact that you took the time to write a review on your recent Iron Man purchase, as this is the type of feedback that will assist in making better products. But is it really necessary to continually post these mostly negative comments and analogies merely for the sake of conversation? You state that “mindless praise” will not make for a better piece … neither will clever remarks and insults.

So do me a favor (and this goes for everyone) send me a PM with your concerns and criticisms and I’ll forward them on to management. Let me do what I can to make sure your voice is heard.

PM Gonk
Obi-Wan Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote