Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 09-27-2011, 11:35 AM   #3231
Vaako
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
BBTS has BD Jap version in stock, There was 4 left last I looked. I ordered one.
thanx for the tip but i am gonna pass , since i live in europe $450 + shipping cost + taxes is just too expensive

i'm still hoping hobbylinkjapan will ship me a babydoll
Vaako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:16 PM   #3232
spidermonkey
Mephisto

Quote:
BBTS has BD Jap version in stock, There was 4 left last I looked. I ordered one.
Thanks for the info man, I just grabbed one also.
spidermonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:19 PM   #3233
Shandil
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaako View Post
thanx for the tip but i am gonna pass , since i live in europe $450 + shipping cost + taxes is just too expensive

i'm still hoping hobbylinkjapan will ship me a babydoll
Seems we're on a similar ship, although it's worse here. Last news i got September 22, the shop where i ordered Baby Doll told me they had no news from their suppliers. Seems I'm not getting her ((
Shandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 02:38 PM   #3234
Prevail69
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
I have one of these. The etching is okay on it. The black coloring in the etching isnt distributed evenly but its worth 150 bucks, the scabbard and handle is well done.
any chance on posting a close up pic of the etching and other parts?
Prevail69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 02:56 PM   #3235
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prevail69 View Post
any chance on posting a close up pic of the etching and other parts?
I will try this weekend, i kinda threw it in storage, becuase of my dissapointment. The engraving is good, but they take the black ink and spread it in the engraving and they dont do a good job. its shotty and applied bad. It starts off good from the hilt and as it gets to the middle of the blade the ink becomes lighter to non-existant.The Hilt and scabbard is very well done (superb), If I display mine, it will be with the scabbard on. Warning: the Blade comes fairly sharp, so it if it ever fell it would surely fvck something up. If you can score one for 160.00 or under its worth it. I would have paid 400.00 for a better quality blade, but it is what it is.

there are a few on youtube you can check out.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 02:57 PM   #3236
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidermonkey View Post
Thanks for the info man, I just grabbed one also.
SOLD OUT

Congrats to those who grabbed one.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 04:54 PM   #3237
Prevail69
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
I will try this weekend, i kinda threw it in storage, becuase of my dissapointment. The engraving is good, but they take the black ink and spread it in the engraving and they dont do a good job. its shotty and applied bad. It starts off good from the hilt and as it gets to the middle of the blade the ink becomes lighter to non-existant.The Hilt and scabbard is very well done (superb), If I display mine, it will be with the scabbard on. Warning: the Blade comes fairly sharp, so it if it ever fell it would surely fvck something up. If you can score one for 160.00 or under its worth it. I would have paid 400.00 for a better quality blade, but it is what it is.

there are a few on youtube you can check out.
Dont worry bout the pics, I checked out the youtube vid and I see what you mean about the etching detail... I think Ill just buy a regular katana off ebay to display with the girls.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:24 PM   #3238
Cyber-Lip
Hydra

Quote:
Dont worry bout the pics, I checked out the youtube vid and I see what you mean about the etching detail... I think Ill just buy a regular katana off ebay to display with the girls.
I just took a look at that and it's hard to determine if it's the official replica or a home made one. I found 2 videos and in the comments of one the guy says it's a decal, so at least that one's not the official sword.
Cyber-Lip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:14 PM   #3239
Prevail69
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber-Lip View Post
I just took a look at that and it's hard to determine if it's the official replica or a home made one. I found 2 videos and in the comments of one the guy says it's a decal, so at least that one's not the official sword.
Even so... Fro says the details not that great, and I wouldnt want one unless it was done near perfect.

You can grab great looking Katanas off ebay for half the price, thats the route im gonna go with.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:32 AM   #3240
Cyber-Lip
Hydra

Quote:
Even so... Fro says the details not that great, and I wouldnt want one unless it was done near perfect.

You can grab great looking Katanas off ebay for half the price, thats the route im gonna go with.
yeah but then you don't get the nifty decorative box
Cyber-Lip is offline   Reply With Quote