Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-25-2019, 12:36 PM   #3231
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Well that is completely non-specific. I have been doing this for years, and continue to enjoy it. Sorry you don't.
I realize some still enjoy it. Maybe a lot of us complainers are just burnt-out.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 12:43 PM   #3232
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
I realize some still enjoy it. Maybe a lot of us complainers are just burnt-out.
If you're burnt-out then maybe its time to sell everything, and maybe keep maybe the most precious statue(s) ? That or just hid under a rock and check back at the end of spooktacular for all the reveals.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 12:43 PM   #3233
SDguy

Quote:
I don't want to belabor this, or pick on you, but burnt out? This isn't work, this isn't the gym So you happen across a code that gives you 1, 2, 5 dollars. Or a reveal of a low ES variant. What is burning you out, exactly?
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 12:59 PM   #3234
HBK83
The Avengers

For everyone missing codes. If you haven’t already. Subscribe to the code thread for emails , in your email put statueforum on VIP.
Then change your notification tone and make it pop up as a banner. If your sleep the notification would wake you up. Enter the code and go back to bed. Takes less than 3 mins. Then thank the person that posted the code.
HBK83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 01:14 PM   #3235
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
I don't want to belabor this, or pick on you, but burnt out? This isn't work, this isn't the gym So you happen across a code that gives you 1, 2, 5 dollars. Or a reveal of a low ES variant. What is burning you out, exactly?
Constant monitoring for codes. I just don't really have a desire to do it anymore. Now that I've thought about it, I know why Spooktacular has taken a downward turn for me the last couple years. The quality of reveals. I also feel other companies are producing things that cast a shadow on Sideshow's recent releases.

As I said, if you enjoy it, great. I was more expressing my shock of not really caring about missing the codes. I honestly didn't expect that. Even last year I would have been very annoyed.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 01:21 PM   #3236
Augen
Green Arrow

Quote:
Constant monitoring for codes. I just don't really have a desire to do it anymore. Now that I've thought about it, I know why Spooktacular has taken a downward turn for me the last couple years. The quality of reveals. I also feel other companies are producing things that cast a shadow on Sideshow's recent releases.

As I said, if you enjoy it, great. I was more expressing my shock of not really caring about missing the codes. I honestly didn't expect that. Even last year I would have been very annoyed.
I just subscribe to the code thread and get an alert when it updates.

Still miss half as in the middle of something, but no stress for me.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 01:21 PM   #3237
SDguy

Quote:

Well, try to keep this hobby a happy experience for yourself.... that's all it really should do.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 01:23 PM   #3238
Ginormousthumbs
Blue Falcon

That’s way too much work for a few bucks. If I’m sleeping it’s a wrap.
If I get lucky and catch some codes, I’m cool.
Ginormousthumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 01:26 PM   #3239
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Thanks for sharing the codes again everyone. I'm enjoying the ride.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 01:40 PM   #3240
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:

I think SDCC reveals are so big that it overshadows any of the other event reveals.

So spooktacular really seems like for fans looking for deals (questionable ones)/unexpected restocks/lets give away high stock items. Reveals of horror related products and few of others.

So it has its place, but of course XM studios/iron studios/customs that keep popping up all over the place. Are definitely taking excitement from SS. It's time for them to adapt or go under.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote