Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-25-2015, 05:46 PM   #3241
dreamactius
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltElite View Post
Next month we'll find out its not really museum glass but plexi ir something. Im pretty pissed/saddened about the authenticity they said these were.
The frames have glass? I thought they were acrylic.
dreamactius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 06:06 PM   #3242
CtrlAltElite
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

I thought i read somewhere where someone compared it to muesum glass. Weather thats whats its called i dont know. I was always under the impression it was some kind of high quality specialty glass.
CtrlAltElite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 06:15 PM   #3243
takaboi
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Artgerm future prints will still get sold out regardless what SS does.
I don't think SS will compensate anyone. They know artgerm prints will sell. SEX APPEAL SELLS

And I doubt anyone will go through the hassle to find a lawyer and spend money on one to open a case against SS. Props to those who do, but I don't think anyone will.
takaboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 07:10 PM   #3244
Choopie
Birdman

Lesson learned here: Ask questions before buying something, even if you think the industry standard is being followed.

That being said, I feel bad for those that bought into these prints thinking they were getting something special. Not only are they expensive, now they are worthless.
Choopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 07:40 PM   #3245
marcos619
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Thank you guys!!! I want to thank everyone on Statue forum for informing me about how these are not "really" signed. I cancelled my orders. You guys are the best!!!
marcos619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 07:57 PM   #3246
Canadaguy705
Sailor Moon

I feel bad for people who got the framed versions thinking they were hand signed. Especially International customers.
Canadaguy705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 08:38 PM   #3247
J-M-T
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by takaboi View Post
I don't think SS will compensate anyone. They know artgerm prints will sell. SEX APPEAL SELLS

And I doubt anyone will go through the hassle to find a lawyer and spend money on one to open a case against SS. Props to those who do, but I don't think anyone will.
Time will tell but I doubt artgerm sideshow prints will sell out as fast now considering Artgerm will be selling his own premium art prints and those will be personally hand signed by him.
I for one will stop buying sideshow ones and spend my money on Artgerm's instead.
J-M-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 11:15 PM   #3248
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcos619 View Post
Thank you guys!!! I want to thank everyone on Statue forum for informing me about how these are not "really" signed. I cancelled my orders. You guys are the best!!!
no prob.
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 11:19 PM   #3249
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

i think these prints are printed in the US at least.
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 11:20 PM   #3250
OrangeCrush
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by takaboi View Post

Maybe Artgerms prints will continue to sell out and maybe they won't. Given the fact that Stanley is opening his own storefront soon and will be selling signed prints directly to the public.....well, I would hope that would make people think twice about buying anymore Artgerm prints from Sideshow.

And given how long Artgerm's storefront has been under construction, I can't imagine it will be much longer before it opens to the public. I can't speak for others, but the fact that I know its only a matter of time until I can buy signed prints directly from Stanley himself....well, that is more than enough reason for me to wait, regardless of how badly I may want one of the Sideshow prints.

I respect that people are entitled to their own opinions and that everyone has the right to decide for themselves whether or not to continue buying prints from Sideshow. That being said, continuing to buy Sideshow prints at this point sets a terrible precedence for this market. It basically tells companies that as long as they have prints that are in high demand, that they can use all the unethical business practices they want and people will still buy them. And lets not forget that Artgerm prints represent only a small fraction of the prints that Sideshow produces. It will be interesting to see how well Sideshows non-Artgerm prints sell from this point forward.

All in all, I would hope that people would choose not to buy anymore Sideshow prints, simply for the fact that such action by consumers would force Sideshow to address this issue and make proper changes to their Premium Print Line. If people just continue to buy prints as usual, then Sideshow won't have to change a thing. They can just go on selling like its business as usual.

Regardless of what happens, I for one am definitely not buying any more Sideshow prints, at least until this issue gets addressed and that includes offering people a refund if they no longer want the prints they have already purchased. This may cost Sideshow a bit of money in the short term, but that is nothing compared to the potential profits they could lose over the long term if they don't handle this situation correctly. All Sideshow needs to do is look at the whole Aspen situation to see how damaging a situation regarding the trust of your customers can really be when handled improperly.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote