Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 03-17-2015, 03:28 PM   #3241
johnclone
The Enchantress

Who else will die this season?

By making everyone hate him in this episode it would seem Gabriel is being readied to die in the season finale,

What about the deal with Carol telling Rick he's going to have to kill that guy because he is allegedly a child abuser? Much more convenient if a walker or 2 eat him...

and the guy that tried to steal the van and leave everyone, his days are surely numbered.
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 03:52 PM   #3242
Babytoxie
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
i honestly never judged him all that harshly, what the hell was he going to be able to do for them? and really how deadly could the walkers outside his church have been if somebody had time to carve "you'll burn in hell for this" into the building during the attack.
BUT the only people he ever saw them kill was a gang of cannibals that had just eaten part of their group and was in the process of trying to murder the rest of them, so I think that explanation would've cleared the air a bit for Deanna
That part made me laugh. It's similar to how characters in comics have time to think "[blank] coming at me so fast, can't avoid it..." before they are hit.

Not to mention the fact that he was able survive for ~2 years by just sneaking around with no weapons, and keep his clothes nice and neat. Riiiight. He would have been dead long ago. If there's one thing that this show excels at, it's inconsistency.
Babytoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 03:54 PM   #3243
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

I've never been so angry at a TV episode before. I loved that character, and for him to be killed off, and in probably the most gruesome way in the shows history, makes me incredibly angry.
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 03:59 PM   #3244
MrYac
Hercules

I feel especially bad for poor Beth & Tyreese as they both kind of died for Noah
MrYac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 04:02 PM   #3245
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

If Gabriel and that other loser dont die this season, and top Noah's gruesome death as well, I'm rioting
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 05:06 PM   #3246
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

Really hated to see Noah go. He was a likable character, a good actor and could have had a good story arc I think. He quickly blended with the group which was nice and he still seemed to have held onto some of his optimism and goodness. So it was very puzzling as to why the writers chose to kill him off. Heck they could have just offed Tara, good grief. I was also disappointed to see Beth go. I could have seen her and Noah becoming involved, but now they're both gone. I liked Tyreese but he was really not cut out for the new world. I'm surprised there have been no dynamics between Abraham and Daryl whatsoever. It seems like the two of them would have either hit it off and been best friends or at each others throats. Same with Michonne. Daryl, Michonne and Abraham could kind of be the badass trio, with on-the-edge-of-cracking Sasha on sniper lookout.

Gabriel will probably replace Andrea (who replaced Lori) as the most hated character in TWD history. The Governor was the character you loved to hate.

I think TWD needs to go Game of Thrones in the last episode and kill one of the mainstays -- We know it won't be Rick or Carl (although how huge would that be), but Daryl, Glenn or Carol.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 09:18 PM   #3247
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus View Post
Really hated to see Noah go. He was a likable character, a good actor and could have had a good story arc I think. He quickly blended with the group which was nice and he still seemed to have held onto some of his optimism and goodness. So it was very puzzling as to why the writers chose to kill him off. Heck they could have just offed Tara, good grief. I was also disappointed to see Beth go. I could have seen her and Noah becoming involved, but now they're both gone. I liked Tyreese but he was really not cut out for the new world. I'm surprised there have been no dynamics between Abraham and Daryl whatsoever. It seems like the two of them would have either hit it off and been best friends or at each others throats. Same with Michonne. Daryl, Michonne and Abraham could kind of be the badass trio, with on-the-edge-of-cracking Sasha on sniper lookout.

Gabriel will probably replace Andrea (who replaced Lori) as the most hated character in TWD history. The Governor was the character you loved to hate.

I think TWD needs to go Game of Thrones in the last episode and kill one of the mainstays -- We know it won't be Rick or Carl (although how huge would that be), but Daryl, Glenn or Carol.
It certainly won't be Rick, they have that WD is really "Rick's Story" but I would love to see Carl go. But you are right it isn't likely. Given the investment and love of characters people have I suspect if it will be one of those you mentioned it will be Glenn, maybe Carol with a sacrifice to save the cookie kid or something.
TNovak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 11:18 PM   #3248
johnclone
The Enchantress

Lol, the cookie kid. That character has real depth.
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 08:52 AM   #3249
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Least they could have done was put a bullet in Aidens head.
It would've been the humane thing to do, but the zombies rushed on him as soon as they split from the screen. At least that's how I recall the scene playing out.

Quote:
I will admit to never being anywhere near a grenade when it exploded but i'd think shelves and some boxes of circuit boards wouldn't eat that much of the blast....

but oh well at least we can all agree Gabriel is a jerk. I really wish Maggie would've just come right up the stairs when he left and actually explained things to Deanna instead of you know, not doing that. granted Glenn magically arrived right as Gabe left but it was obvious Maggie had no intention of confronting the issue head on like a smart person would have.
Thank the gods the van magically arrived right then because THIS is what pisses me off about so many shows. They have characters avoid communicating or withhold information just to further the season's blueprint - and it just plays out so awkwardly. This is what vexed me a lot with SoA and Dexter.

It would be different if Gabriel were right, but Maggie had all the firepower to NUKE his argument when a preacher locks out his congregation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnclone View Post
Who else will die this season?

By making everyone hate him in this episode it would seem Gabriel is being readied to die in the season finale,

What about the deal with Carol telling Rick he's going to have to kill that guy because he is allegedly a child abuser? Much more convenient if a walker or 2 eat him...

and the guy that tried to steal the van and leave everyone, his days are surely numbered.
I hope it isn't Glenn, but he has been getting a lot of face time. The annoying neighbor who (probably) abuses his wife and cookie-munching kid, I thought would get more focus. Him being a doctor maybe causes people to look the other way? But with 2 episodes left, I don't think it will get much attention. He's probably Rick-fodder.

Quote:
I feel especially bad for poor Beth & Tyreese as they both kind of died for Noah
I hadn't thought of that, but you're right. Renders their deaths less meaningful except in the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus View Post
Oh, I hated Lori. And I hated Andrea even more. Gabriel can't hold a candle to either of them. He's going to have to up his game at least 100-fold.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 10:44 AM   #3250
Ryu
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Noah wasn't a surprise for me. I saw a commercial of the Criminal Minds Spinoff , so I was like "Ok, he's dying."
Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote