Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-25-2024, 07:52 AM   #321
Mister H
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
But I wouldve liked to see Colossus a just little bigger here. Hes not blatantly undersized but larger characters like Colossus should always be made on the bigger side to accentuate their size and presence. Always better to error or the bigger side. If its in question, they should?ve made him 5-7% larger.
Exactly.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 07:53 AM   #322
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
Up for order 1/5 and pf versions

Son of a b!tch, what the hell is this? Sideshow going in for the kill, in 1/4 scale? We collectors have just been called out.

Man, unexpected, great price, and I'm really digging this fcking sculpt, both of them!

Don't really know what to do, as I own both characters in PF form, but this sculpt is a classic bomb!

Best fcking time to collect, to keep-up gotta scramble like heck. Oh well, WTF?

Well done Sideshow, but you're killing me! But, keep them coming until that faithful day, when mercifully/ respectively you finally bury me, happily.

A great sculpt, and digging Mr Harbottle is once again juggling the male ball(s),.....................character wise.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 08:03 AM   #323
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post

Wonderful pic, showcasing the wonderful flow/harmony within an action & stoic displaying/presentation mix. It works, beautifully.

Bravo Sideshow & team.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 09:30 AM   #324
Onewiththeforce
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Is there anyone out there who is good enough with photoshop, etc. who can get rid of the blue shoulder pads on this Wolverine as well as the tiger stripes and paint the costume brown/tan for viewership sake..?

Pretty please.....
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 10:23 AM   #325
Bernie21
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onewiththeforce View Post
I hear ya.

I think for me is a couple of things?..

One is space. I still don?t have a Domino and have just enough space on one of my shelves for either the SS one or a smaller foot printed custom. After that I only have enough space for a Beast that I?m looking for. But?..., if I were to grab this Fastball special, I could sell off my current Colossus PF and my current brown Wolverine PF and this way I could earn a little bit more real estate for other pieces.

Price wise?. It could work out as a nice balance/even swap. Maybe.

C?mon Sideshow give us a 1/4 scale Fastball special, get rid of the blue shoulder pads, mix up some brown and tan paint and put aside about 2-300 of them in this color.

I?ll pull the trigger!
I get that. I say sell both and get this. It'll save you space and reduce out of pocket cost. I imagine that they'll be a surge of Colossus & Wolverine for s sale now with others thinking the same thing, Brown Wolverine variant or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
If they'd done brown people would be asking for yellow...
I'm not blaming them for going yellow, but it's not for me then. But also, they did a stand alone yellow, (I know they did a WEIRD Brown one) and the last diorama with wolverine was yellow. That last reason in particular, makes me not go for it. At these prices, and with the space I have, i need to be that particular.
Bernie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 10:35 AM   #326
Onewiththeforce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie21 View Post
I get that. I say sell both and get this. It'll save you space and reduce out of pocket cost. I imagine that they'll be a surge of Colossus & Wolverine for s sale now with others thinking the same thing, Brown Wolverine variant or not.

I'm not blaming them for going yellow, but it's not for me then. But also, they did a stand alone yellow, (I know they did a WEIRD Brown one) and the last diorama with wolverine was yellow. That last reason in particular, makes me not go for it. At these prices, and with the space I have, i need to be that particular.

Yea, I have already seen the SS Colossus pop up on Ebay a couple of times since this piece was announced. As for the Wolverine, I have personally not been a fan of the yellow costume to begin with. In the instance of SS, the most recent one, although scale wise seems appropriate for a comic Wolverine, I never liked the modern yellow costume even less so. hated the wrist length blue gloves as opposed to the comic height forearm gloves.

So I never got the yellow Wolverine. I still have my OG brown version on the half Asian inspired bridge with arrows on base.

I still love that one as I will always be partial to the Frank Miller limited series original issues 1-4.
Old 03-25-2024, 11:29 AM   #327
IronLungs31
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
If they'd done brown people would be asking for yellow...
You now that's how it works all the time.
IronLungs31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 12:35 PM   #328
Onewiththeforce

Mot for me. I have always preferred the brown and only have brown Wolverine with my X-Men line up.
Old 03-25-2024, 02:49 PM   #329
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Sounds to me that you need a yellow/blue one there, OWTF.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 02:57 PM   #330
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onewiththeforce View Post
I have always preferred the brown and only have brown Wolverine with my X-Men line up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Sounds to me that you need a yellow/blue one there, OWTF.
For real, c'mon, expand your Wolvie horizons a bit
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote