Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 08-15-2013, 11:04 PM   #3381
Cyber-Lip
Hydra

I would not pay a premium for an unsigned print. I would pay regular price but only if the artists were scheduled to be at an upcoming show that I would be able to attend to have it signed.

That's pretty sleazy of them to post a pic of a signed print when they're selling an unsigned one, regardless of if they disclose it in their description. They could easily photoshop the sigs and the es # out for the auction photo
Cyber-Lip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 06:18 AM   #3382
renketsu
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Parcel has arrived and turning it round doesn't make any thudding noises so I am hopeful that they are fastened down correctly!

Will see tonight
renketsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 03:50 PM   #3383
renketsu
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

The prints were in a bag taped between two sheets of cardboard - so all ok (phew)

Missing a mini print, but have emailed Aspen for assistance.
renketsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 08:28 PM   #3384
ALPH4T34M
Thunderstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottencat View Post
Yup. But its not only USPS. With adequate packaging that could have been avoided. This is my first time when I recieved prints shipped flat. I've had better luck with prints rolled in tubes.
I prefer my prints shipped in a tube, especially being international.

Aspenstore does a good job with their tube in a box combo.
ALPH4T34M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:07 PM   #3385
OrangeCrush
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Certificates...

Beautiful...
Got 36 full size prints, 7 miniprints and only 35 cerificates. To be honest this is one of my least worries atm...

And all 36 damaged prints together

Upper right corner is in worst shape. That does not mean that other 3 corners are perfect, they got minor damage as well.

I did not get any free compimentary comic books or flyers this time but I know that they would have been perfectly secured. I know because this is not the first time I order from Aspen.

Im trying to be as calm as possible. This is one of my worst unboxing events. Im going to create a ticket about this next. Wish me luck. If I will not be back it means I went to Greece to enjoy life ...
Sorry to hear that happened. I understand all to well the frustrations with damaged prints. The good news is they are coming from Aspen, so they will no doubt replace all the prints. It still sucks, especially with a package that big. Hopefully this will just push Aspen even harder to use proper shipping methods. The single most important aspect when shipping flat is securing the prints so they don't move around during shipping. There is just no excuse for this sort of lack of attention to detail, especially given the fact that there were 36 prints in there. They should have taken extra steps to ensure the prints were well secured with a package like this. And here I thought they had worked all of their shipping issues out. I guess not.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:14 PM   #3386
OrangeCrush
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by renketsu View Post
Fingers crossed, my shipment (flat) from Aspenstore is arriving on Friday as it clears UK customs tomorrow.

36 prints in one go must be a record - anyone beat that? I think I've had 10 in one go, but never that many.
Yeah, I had 63 in one shipment last fall. It weighed like 10 pounds and thankfully they did a really amazing job shipping it. They put all the prints in 3 print bags and then secured the 3 bags to a sheet of cardboard using that Saran wrap like material for shipping. They went around the prints and cardboard like 20 times with the stuff. It was actually difficult unpacking them due to that stuff but it did keep them secure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by renketsu View Post
The prints were in a bag taped between two sheets of cardboard - so all ok (phew)

Missing a mini print, but have emailed Aspen for assistance.
This is the method that they should be using for all flat shipments. I was actually the one that passed this method on to Aspen plus I gave them the info on where to buy all the materials. Supposedly, they are sending me something for free as a thank you, tho its been awhile and I still haven't received anything. Its a bit disappointing to see them still sending out orders without securing the prints. Good to hear that yours arrived ok tho.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:28 PM   #3387
Dark69
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

still no print and no emails back from them, if i don't get anything by Friday i'm going to get my money back with ebay.
Dark69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:17 AM   #3388
OrangeCrush
Alpha Flight

I am just checking on here to see if anyone has an extra copy of this Executive Assistant print

Its driving me crazy that I am unable to find a copy of this print. I have been looking for what seems like FOREVER and I haven't seen even a single copy go up for auction. If someone has an extra copy they are willing to sell, or even just one copy that they would be intersted in selling, just get in touch. Go ahead, name your price. The thing is rarer than many of the signed Turner prints. Its really driving me a bit crazy as it shouldn't be that difficult to find an Executive Assistant print, should it?
Old 08-21-2013, 07:48 AM   #3389
rottencat
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

i was not even aware it exists. now i want it too
rottencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:46 AM   #3390
Viper2005
Hellboy

Quote:
i was not even aware it exists. now i want it too
Same!! Lol
Viper2005 is offline   Reply With Quote