Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-28-2020, 02:09 AM   #331
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3xrr View Post
Future grail imo
If it’s under 1000 es... maybe.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 07:23 AM   #332
omigeo
The Tick

[QUOTE=AC_808;5884721]The body sculpt on this looks great ...the part I can see anyway. Just as great as the body sculpt of the Spider-Man symbiote costume PF from the looks of it.

But the knock on this piece is the pose. For me anyway. A pose that shows off the entire body sculpt would've been better.

love this piece just the way he is positioned, but for some reason his right side shoulder looks a bit off. It seems that he is wearing a buffy sleeve just right below that shoulder. Like a blouse off his shoulder. Doesn't seem to blend right. I get that impression from this picture here.

I want this piece so badly but I'm not to sure now

Sorry sideshow, but I had to say it since its was one of my most anticipated piece of this year.
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 07:26 AM   #333
MASTERSAFARA
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Cool

The pose is perfect for this piece. It’s already known what the suit looks like. It’s not needed to have a different pose showing off the costume more. Sometimes it’s more about the attitude of the pose that makes the piece and that is the case here. This thing is badass. The pose nor the base take anything away from this piece.
MASTERSAFARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 08:12 AM   #334
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I also agree that the pose is perfect. Wouldn't change a thing, except maybe the base color.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 09:54 AM   #335
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhumor View Post
Because with a high edition size, you can get this piece a year later for a few hundred dollars less than retail. I'm still surprised people are still foolishly paying retail for sideshow pieces. Just saw a Spiderman pf ex sell for $350 last week. Great prices come to those with patience.
I don’t think that’s true in every case. I just don’t understand the ES guys. If you’re buying these statues thinking about future value you’re in the wrong hobby. Personally I don’t like buying statues from eBay.

You never know when the price holds or goes up in value. That’s why I don’t wait. I like the piece I buy it. I get my reward points and I’m a happy man. I’ve said it before I couldn’t care less about ES.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 10:05 AM   #336
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASTERSAFARA View Post
The pose is perfect for this piece. It’s already known what the suit looks like. It’s not needed to have a different pose showing off the costume more. Sometimes it’s more about the attitude of the pose that makes the piece and that is the case here. This thing is badass. The pose nor the base take anything away from this piece.
For me, if it's the only symbiote in your collection, seeing the front emblem of the suit is vital. The symbiote/Black suit is my favorite alternate costume in comic history. It's like buying a Ferrari in any colour other than red!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
I don’t think that’s true in every case. I just don’t understand the ES guys. If you’re buying these statues thinking about future value you’re in the wrong hobby. Personally I don’t like buying statues from eBay.

You never know when the price holds or goes up in value. That’s why I don’t wait. I like the piece I buy it. I get my reward points and I’m a happy man. I’ve said it before I couldn’t care less about ES.
I run a Canadian Buy and Sell Facebook group and I see time and time again how high ES pieces sell for much cheaper on the aftermarket. With the exorbitant shipping and customs fees, you are practically guaranteed to get it for less in the aftermarket.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 10:10 AM   #337
Mister H
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
With the exorbitant shipping and customs fees, you are practically guaranteed to get it for less in the aftermarket.
If that's the case, I may wait a year or two and get this one.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 10:16 AM   #338
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
I don’t buy anything over 2000 es unless its exclusive pieces. I would like to not lose money when I have to let a statue go. I would like to it to retain some value.
Fair enough. I don’t agree with this mindset but to each his own.
Old 08-28-2020, 10:21 AM   #339
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
For me, if it's the only symbiote in your collection, seeing the front emblem of the suit is vital. The symbiote/Black suit is my favorite alternate costume in comic history. It's like buying a Ferrari in any colour other than red!

I run a Canadian Buy and Sell Facebook group and I see time and time again how high ES pieces sell for much cheaper on the aftermarket. With the exorbitant shipping and customs fees, you are practically guaranteed to get it for less in the aftermarket.

I don’t trust eBay. The Facebook groups are ok but there’s a few pieces I want and I can’t find them for less. But I do agree that allot of the time you can get them for less on eBay.
Old 08-28-2020, 10:43 AM   #340
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I love this piece, sadly I got rid of all my spider-man pieces. I keep having to tell myself "you have to much, you have to pass !"
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote