Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 12-08-2023, 07:34 AM   #331
Mr Collectible
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

As a Brit, the cost of the platinum & DX is just too high for my liking. Which is why after careful consideration and weighting up the pros and cons, I just pre-ordered the regular. I wanted the platinum, but I can't justify paying for the rooted hair and glass eyes. It's only the tear gas grenade launcher, gloved hand and shades I want. Ultimately, I'm good with the regular. As it's just a T2 representation I need. It'll help with shipping and import fees/tax.

Gotta save the bulk of my money for the Scar AVP Predator.
Mr Collectible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2023, 08:41 AM   #332
csutkakoma
Sinister Six

I ordered the platinum version! Cannot wait for the T-1000. Do you guys think there will be a platinum for that one too? Maybe a motorcycle cop or the regular cop outfit version?
csutkakoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2023, 10:11 AM   #333
Liquid75
Shadowhawk

I'll wait for the clean version (if they make one but I'm not too worried about that).

If they don't make him, I'll get the regular or the Platinum (if you care about screen accuracy, the DX version makes no sense).
Liquid75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2023, 10:40 AM   #334
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by csutkakoma View Post
I ordered the platinum version! Cannot wait for the T-1000. Do you guys there will be a platinum from that one too? Maybe a motorcycle cop or the regular cop outfit version?
If P1/Blitzway make a platinum version of the T-1000, they should include an upper body switch out, where the T-1000 explodes at the end of the movie after the T-800 shoots it with the grenade launcher.......
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2023, 11:11 AM   #335
csutkakoma
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid75 View Post
I'll wait for the clean version (if they make one but I'm not too worried about that).

If they don't make him, I'll get the regular or the Platinum (if you care about screen accuracy, the DX version makes no sense).
Why? It does. The swichout head is perfectly screen accurate compared to his look before the T-1000 pummeled his head to pieces. Only the endo arm is innacurate. That is it.
csutkakoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2023, 11:22 AM   #336
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
Johnny Matsumoto implied a clean T2 Arnie may be a possibility in the future.
Quote:
They would be stupid not to do one:
- The HS is already done
- The base is already done
- The body and costume are already done

On the top of that, if you pay attention to the "Coming soon" page of P1's website, they left a widget for "T2 Collectibles".
Quote:
Their current license may not allow it. I don't think it's a coincidence that there's no crossover between Darkside and Prime 1 when it comes to their 1/3 T2 pieces. Darkside is a clean version and full-sculpt, while P1 is mixed media and has varying degrees of damage. Could be two separate licenses.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2023, 12:51 PM   #337
superdude
The X-Men

Quote:
Why? It does. The swichout head is perfectly screen accurate compared to his look before the T-1000 pummeled his head to pieces. Only the endo arm is innacurate. That is it.
Now that you mention it, it's surprising they don't have any DX shots of him holding the rod with the cleaner head, since that's the one weapon he was using at the time.
superdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2023, 12:54 PM   #338
Liquid75
Shadowhawk

Quote:
I know but it also means you pay a huge premium to remember the moment in the movie (less than 3 minutes) in which the character is completely powerless and does not do anything significant.
Old 12-08-2023, 12:55 PM   #339
Liquid75
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Their current license may not allow it. I don't think it's a coincidence that there's no crossover between Darkside and Prime 1 when it comes to their 1/3 T2 pieces. Darkside is a clean version and full-sculpt, while P1 is mixed media and has varying degrees of damage. Could be two separate licenses.
We shall see but I'm not worried. Worst case scenario : I'll get the regular to go with the T-1000.
Old 12-08-2023, 01:18 PM   #340
Hobbyist
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Platinum Masterline is the way to go and the coolest, IMO. The other version looks too beat-up to me.
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote