Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 03-23-2016, 09:22 AM   #3401
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin2323 View Post
i stopped caring about "critic" reviews years ago and i have enjoyed films much more after that.

it's a comic based movie, it's not winning any oscars.
Ditto. There have been very few comic based movies that I couldn't watch again. (Electra, Ghost Rider). I am just thankful to live during a time where we get to see comic based movies.
Old 03-23-2016, 12:15 PM   #3402
ctuckr68
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Critics weren't crazy about MOS but I thought it was awesome....

I'm thinking Critics just don't like the darker DC Movies compared to the more family friendly humorous Marvel Movies....
I agree. I thoroughly enjoyed MOS and looking forward to SvB.

I will say, though, the amount of trailers they released for this film practically showing the entire movie gave me the impression of some desperation from the studio about the end result. The critic reviews seem to be confirming this a bit. Fortunately, I don't have a critics eye, so I expect to enjoy the movie regardless.
ctuckr68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 01:47 PM   #3403
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Ditto. There have been very few comic based movies that I couldn't watch again. (Electra, Ghost Rider). I am just thankful to live during a time where we get to see comic based movies.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 02:25 PM   #3404
moon_knight1971
Rescue

Will judge for myself but a lot of mediocre reviews turning up. I wonder if it's the writers or the directors that sabotage DCs live action films?
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 03:05 PM   #3405
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Idk, I think these critics expect too much from an on screen comic book, lets face it, that's what these are. I'm content to see my favorite characters on screen as long as they are true to the source material (i.e. Lex Luthor in BvS).
I don't expect an award winning film(s), so I'm never disappointed.
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 03:09 PM   #3406
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Critics weren't crazy about MOS but I thought it was awesome....

I'm thinking Critics just don't like the darker DC Movies compared to the more family friendly humorous Marvel Movies....
Well, I also disliked MoS. I'm concerned now about this one, but still will see it and judge it based on my own tastes.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 03:13 PM   #3407
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Same but, unfortunately, MOS is one of those movies I just can't watch again. Really disliked it intensely.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, Dark Knight is the one I've watched over again the most probably followed by The Avengers and then Winter Soldier. So, a "dark" super hero movie like Dark Knight doesn't bother me. This is a function of movie quality coupled with my own sensibilities that drive my opinion. Still hopeful for BvS, though.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 08:44 PM   #3408
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
That dude was down on this project from the outset. Granted he is not alone in his dislike for the film, but I wouldn't place too much stock in his remarks.
Really? I thought that guy was into the geek stuff. At least far more than the normal critics, which I don't pay attention to. His warnings were correct so far on movies like Terminator Genesys. And when he never liked old movie series like James Bond he was upfront about it. Perhaps I just missed his stuff about Batman vs Superman.

Honestly, I think checking a spoiler free review or first paragraph or so is far better than watching a trailer. I still haven't seen a trailer to Batman vs Superman. I've only seen the old SDCC tease. I've even avoided looking at the Hot Toys Batmobile. I might even wait till the Blu-ray and longer R rated director's cut for the movie.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 09:01 PM   #3409
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
Idk, I think these critics expect too much form an on screen comic book, lets face it, that's what these are. I'm content to see my favorite characters on screen as long as they are true to the source material (i.e. Lex Luthor in BvS).
I don't expect an award winning film(s), so I'm never disappointed.
Lex Luthor, from what I've seen in trailers alone of BvS is far and away not true to the source material Lex.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 09:21 PM   #3410
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Well, I also disliked MoS. I'm concerned now about this one, but still will see it and judge it based on my own tastes.
From what I have read, if you didn't like MOS, you won't like BvS.