Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 09-17-2022, 10:19 AM   #3421
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

They used the pose off the comic initially to get around the licensing, but intentionally tried their hardest to create the JH to sell it like hot cakes.

Then during production they already committed to making a 1/3 movie licensed JH and may have decided to paint the heads different to leave a little to be desired by hardcore fans. Maybe they thought the hardcore's will buy both & double dip on the character? It worked on me! It's funny you guy's are still debating on what's the deal with this piece.
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 10:34 AM   #3422
Enomis
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
They used the pose off the comic initially to get around the licensing, but intentionally tried their hardest to create the JH to sell it like hot cakes.

Then during production they already committed to making a 1/3 movie licensed JH and may have decided to paint the heads different to leave a little to be desired by hardcore fans. Maybe they thought the hardcore's will buy both & double dip on the character? It worked on me! It's funny you guy's are still debating on what's the deal with this piece.
OMG? I hope for you that you don?t believe this is the truth?
I have the big game Ex because when presented the prototype was perfect, and the heads were perfectly painted as the movie, exactly like the entire statue. I remember that everyone was impressed by the jaw-drop effect of that piece. Everyone yell about it?s beauty, and no one ha mentioned the comic cover, especially because it is clear the P1 jungle hunter. The imperfection are minimal and less than the CM or the original SWS (I have both).
The poor paint job is not related to the post-announced movie version, but just to a cheap job with a poor QC.
The fact is the prime1 has saved a lot of money on our shoulders.
I?ve the 1/3 and the bust ordered but I?m ready to click cancel if they apply the same ? poor technique? on the 1/3. And I?m pretty sure I will cancel it because most likely the result will not worth the price. The factory paint will not be close to the proto? I hope it of course but cmon? their objective is gain money not providing us cool items.
Enomis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 12:05 PM   #3423
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

^ The Big Game Predator is closer to what we saw on screen than the SWS Maquette?!
Collectorcol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 12:55 PM   #3424
VILE GUILE

It's most likely a combination of both. The factory had to send a production head back to Prime 1 to get it OK'd. Maybe Prime 1 OK'd it with the thought of getting the spots and shades more movie accurate on the 1/3 JH.

You have to remember, most of us that ordered the 1/4 scale day one & had it almost paid off when, they dropped the 1/3 on us. It was too late for me to cancel. I'm still overall glad I got him. It's an impressive statue. If they offered me my money back today for it, I'd say no thanks. Put it that way.
Old 09-17-2022, 10:20 PM   #3425
RetroRules
Fantastic Four

Any guesses when this will hit the UK retailers guys.
RetroRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 11:38 PM   #3426
qz33
Baron Zemo

Love this post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enomis View Post
I have the big game Ex because when presented the prototype was perfect, and the heads were perfectly painted as the movie, exactly like the entire statue. I remember that everyone was impressed by the jaw-drop effect of that piece. Everyone yell about it?s beauty, and no one ha mentioned the comic cover, especially because it is clear the P1 jungle hunter. The imperfection are minimal and less than the CM or the original SWS (I have both).
The poor paint job is not related to the post-announced movie version, but just to a cheap job with a poor QC.
The fact is the prime1 has saved a lot of money on our shoulders.
I?ve the 1/3 and the bust ordered but I?m ready to click cancel if they apply the same ? poor technique? on the 1/3. And I?m pretty sure I will cancel it because most likely the result will not worth the price. The factory paint will not be close to the proto? I hope it of course but cmon? their objective is gain money not providing us cool items.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 07:03 AM   #3427
VILE GUILE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enomis View Post
The factory paint will not be close to the proto? I hope it of course but cmon? their objective is gain money not providing us cool items.
Everybody knows they're certainly capable of providing us with cool items. Just take the Dog Alien for example. The Big Chap is a good statue. They just packed it like shi#!

If they just took people's money and pumped out junk going forward....they won't be in business very long. Lately it's been hit or miss since the pandemic, so they definitely need to tighten up. It's like a coin flip in my mind how this 1/3 JH will turn out. I'm calling heads.
Old 09-18-2022, 01:45 PM   #3428
Patriot666
Birdman

Just PO'd the DX Bonus from Secret Compass. Surprised they still had it available. Must've been cancellations. I stepped away from statue collecting for a long while, and had never acquired the CM over the years. This is definitely something I didn't want to miss.
Patriot666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 04:21 PM   #3429
PivotRyder
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot666 View Post
Just PO'd the DX Bonus from Secret Compass. Surprised they still had it available. Must've been cancellations. I stepped away from statue collecting for a long while, and had never acquired the CM over the years. This is definitely something I didn't want to miss.
I thought about this but Secret Compass can take over a year to ship. I'm too impatient to wait for a little dog tag and skull.
PivotRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 05:43 PM   #3430
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Collectors are gonna go crazy when this starts to ship.......
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote