Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-01-2019, 01:46 PM   #3441
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
This variant was getting pick up quickly, yet the waitlist is still open. Anybody know why that is?

With a low ES and how quickly this variant was getting picked up, I'd expect the waitlist to close quickly, too. No?
I'm guessing they keep it open (at least for some time after) in case anyone returns the piece.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 02:31 PM   #3442
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince-Vell View Post
At this point SS should just offer that head for sale as a stand alone add on for the regular statue 8)
Vince-Vell, I love your work and see eye to eye on many points, but this is a TERRIBLE idea. A slippery slope that opens the door to more "add on" sales that could ruin things like microtransactions have the gaming industry. I already feel impressed when SS bundles two portraits with a statue. Can you imagine if they designed these statues and purposely withheld key portraits, switch-outs to coax more sales out of their fanbase?
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 02:34 PM   #3443
Rav
The Spirit

Remember when Art Prints were exclusives, now they are their own category.

Exclusive heads, diamond edition inc.
Rav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 02:34 PM   #3444
Rav
The Spirit

dp
Rav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 02:42 PM   #3445
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
Vince-Vell, I love your work and see eye to eye on many points, but this is a TERRIBLE idea. A slippery slope that opens the door to more "add on" sales that could ruin things like microtransactions have the gaming industry. I already feel impressed when SS bundles two portraits with a statue. Can you imagine if they designed these statues and purposely withheld key portraits, switch-outs to coax more sales out of their fanbase?

This situation is different though because almost everyone liked the first portrait much better. Heck I'd be really happy for everyone if they just said screw it and included both portraits with all Psylockes'. Reputation as a company is much more important long term than spending a little more now...and let's not kid ourselves, they could include both easily and still make a ton of profit at these prices.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 02:50 PM   #3446
ukshaun
Hercules

I received my tracking number today. Should arrive next week - Can't wait!

The instant ca$h dump has had a knock on effect -
i've had to nudge my payment plans to the end of the month.
I kinda want Prime 1 Catwoman to be delayed and Sideshow Catwoman 1/4 PF to be delayed,
and 2x Hot Toys to be delayed until December atleast.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 02:50 PM   #3447
ukshaun
Hercules

double post
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 03:10 PM   #3448
Augen
Green Arrow

Quote:
That...is a fair response. I remember days of full games and expansion packs, but it did devolve into countless DLC and micro transactions.

I guess at least Video games haven't doubled in price way Premium Formats have over past decade.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 03:11 PM   #3449
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermetroid View Post
This situation is different though because almost everyone liked the first portrait much better. Heck I'd be really happy for everyone if they just said screw it and included both portraits with all Psylockes'. Reputation as a company is much more important long term than spending a little more now...and let's not kid ourselves, they could include both easily and still make a ton of profit at these prices.
I agree they should've included both portraits from the jump. Or maybe have one head be the EX and make the psi-blade standard - like the original PF did at almost half the price!

I just worry SS would make a trend of this. Can you imagine if Green Arrow was released without the classic portrait, and it suddenly was revealed later as an add-on offering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
That...is a fair response. I remember days of full games and expansion packs, but it did devolve into countless DLC and micro transactions.

I guess at least Video games haven't doubled in price way Premium Formats have over past decade.
I remember those days fondly too. You paid money, you got a full game. I guess no matter how bad things get with the gaming industry, I can always install those stand-alone games and enjoy. It's just getting too crazy with pay-to-win approaches and subscription service. Thankfully it's not all companies so I'll support those that do right by their customers.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 03:21 PM   #3450
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Sideshow already did this, maybe it was a test for more add on sales because that’s exactly what this is.

Peedi is online now   Reply With Quote