Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 05-13-2017, 11:58 PM   #3471
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noqs45 View Post
Alright so yea it's a clean break. Last night I glued it with loctite universal glue and those are the results. It is still curing so tonight I will set up the statues, it's still laying flat in the box. Nontheless I would really like it if they could replace the spear like you mentioned in the post by opening the link in the chain and closing it...
Sucks the spear broke, but a clean break on such a small part honestly is no biggie at all in my opinion. As you've already discovered it's a super easy fix. If mine is broken when I open it, I'm just super gluing it and calling it a day. You'll never notice it, and I doubt anyone else ever will.

I'm surprised it's plastic though, I thought it was metal.

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 12:02 AM   #3472
lewisnfro86
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post
Sucks the spear broke, but a clean break on such a small part honestly is no biggie at all in my opinion. As you've already discovered it's a super easy fix. If mine is broken when I open it, I'm just super gluing it and calling it a day. You'll never notice it, and I doubt anyone else ever will.

Chris
The chain is metal, not the spear (it's resin), but I too thought everything was metal.
lewisnfro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 12:13 AM   #3473
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

Oh man please oh please dont let broken spears be the next cracked kanji
Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 12:23 AM   #3474
Royce12
A day without sunshine is like... night.

They probably had concerns about the weight of a metal spear and what problems it could cause in the long term.
Royce12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 12:58 AM   #3475
DarthCollector
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
Im sorry about the broken spear.

We were supposed to get replacement parts but factory didnt send them.

Im going to ask CS Monday to see if broken spears is common so we can figure out a solution.

Was your spear broken as well ?
Yeah it was, just my luck
DarthCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 01:06 AM   #3476
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Taz View Post
Oh man please oh please dont let broken spears be the next cracked kanji
It's a pretty easy fix for this, especially this one so I'm not overly worried just obviously not happy about it. It's definetely cause of an oversight in packaging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce12 View Post
They probably had concerns about the weight of a metal spear and what problems it could cause in the long term.
Metal on this woulda been worse actually, it would probably have caused real damage bouncing around. This is just a real lack of proper packaging for this part. The paint on it is quite good though.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 01:06 AM   #3477
Noqs45
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:

Chris
yes it was really easy to fix and you can't notice anything. nonetheless Jerry said they are looking into it which is good on their behalf. I used Loctite Universal, and let it cure for 18 hours laying flat. basically I didn't take scorpion out of the box, and jus the spear rest while curing, then today I took out the scorpion after the 18 hours passed. I don't think you need to wait that long, but I did because 24 hours is supposed to be the ideal cure time. and well 18 was as close as I could get haha
Noqs45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 01:20 AM   #3478
lewisnfro86
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noqs45 View Post
yes it was really easy to fix and you can't notice anything. nonetheless Jerry said they are looking into it which is good on their behalf. I used Loctite Universal, and let it cure for 18 hours laying flat. basically I didn't take scorpion out of the box, and jus the spear rest while curing, then today I took out the scorpion after the 18 hours passed. I don't think you need to wait that long, but I did because 24 hours is supposed to be the ideal cure time. and well 18 was as close as I could get haha
Easy to fix from the right coach from what I heard
lewisnfro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 05:46 AM   #3479
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce12 View Post
I don't think that was it. The arm is already down. I've never seen an arm go all 'Mr. Fantastic'.

The chain is off-the-shelf. Easy to source. Making a diecast specialty item like the spear/kunai would have required a lot of upfront costs, and only be worth it if it's produced in high volume. Not exactly worth it for ~300 items.

And I also mentioned earlier that the blood paint would adhere better to the polystone.

I think I'm gonna make my own metal version, sans blood.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 05:48 AM   #3480
madmanny
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:

Chris
Same as you thought it was going to be all metal and cold to the touch.
madmanny is offline   Reply With Quote