Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-02-2016, 06:49 PM   #3481
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
"Saturday AM Update: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice takes a massive tumble compared to its opening day last weekend with an estimated $15.35 million Friday. That's an 81% drop from its opening day last Friday, which did include $27.7 million from Thursday previews, but even excluding those numbers you're looking at a 71.5% drop. Rival studios peg the film's second weekend dropping as much as 70%, resulting in a three day weekend around $50 million."
I wouldn't get too up on arms over those percentages as, percentage wise, it would have to a large number based on a record breaking Thursday preview.

Having said that WB can't be happy with that drop, nor with the fact that it is likely an indicator of a far lesser total B.O. take than they anticipated.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 04:27 AM   #3482
Dan_Lebou
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I saw this yesterday. I wasn't going to bother but a friend talked me into it and I really wished he hadn't.

This movie is at least 30 minutes too long and the first half is the most boring bunch of rubbish I've had to sit through!

That is NOT Lex Luther and how many times do we have to sit through Batman's origin? All of that guff with Lois chasing round after the bullet could have been replaced with a one line "according to my sources it is exclusively used by Lexcorp". The dream/vision thing was just jarring, out of place, confusing and not needed in the slightest and the files showing Flash, Cyborg and Aquaman - well they might as well have stopped the movie, shown these and had someone stand there and say "oh, and these people will be in the next movie", and then restarted the movie - that was how shoehorned in they felt.

This film was just a rubbish mess with a couple of good fight scenes.
Dan_Lebou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 12:28 PM   #3483
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Lebou View Post
I saw this yesterday. I wasn't going to bother but a friend talked me into it and I really wished he hadn't.

This movie is at least 30 minutes too long and the first half is the most boring bunch of rubbish I've had to sit through!

That is NOT Lex Luther and how many times do we have to sit through Batman's origin? All of that guff with Lois chasing round after the bullet could have been replaced with a one line "according to my sources it is exclusively used by Lexcorp". The dream/vision thing was just jarring, out of place, confusing and not needed in the slightest and the files showing Flash, Cyborg and Aquaman - well they might as well have stopped the movie, shown these and had someone stand there and say "oh, and these people will be in the next movie", and then restarted the movie - that was how shoehorned in they felt.

I completely agree. Not only was Lex's character all wrong, but Superman's mother saying he owes the world nothing is so totally out of character for Martha that it just took me out of the film.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 12:48 PM   #3484
majestic1
Marshal Law
Adamantium Member

KEVIN FEIGE TALKS ABOUT BATMAN V SUPERMAN *Spoilers* -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8TymrRwzO4
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 01:18 PM   #3485
THECLOWN KNIGHT
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Lebou View Post

Unnecessary I agree and I get that Snyder put them to make a subtle connection to Darkseid for the JL movies(only for the fans to get) and to increase the obsession to take down Superman- and to just have more action scenes - but this deleted scene would've work better to avoid those part visions part nightmares scenes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-MUzvASr8s

Also I think a not so 'conveniently misleading warning' of The Flash- yeah, pretty sure he was talking about Darkseid not Superman- would've been enough to plant the seed/idea of a 'gathering of heroes' in Batman, we really just didn't need a Batman with Prophet/Premonition powers now.
THECLOWN KNIGHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 01:52 PM   #3486
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
I wouldn't get too up on arms over those percentages as, percentage wise, it would have to a large number based on a record breaking Thursday preview.

Having said that WB can't be happy with that drop, nor with the fact that it is likely an indicator of a far lesser total B.O. take than they anticipated.
68% drop. Second biggest drop all time for a superhero movie behind only Wolverine origins. Pretty bad company to be in. Other huge openings like Avengers and Dark Knight didn't suffer the same fate, so percentage or not, it's a bad thing and the studios should be worried. After terrible reviews for MoS, I think what saved this movie box office wise was the draw of Batman and Superman on the same screen for the first time ever. I don't think JLA will get the same good will. It will likely make money, but I think compared to the budget Synder is likely to put on it, it's going to be bad news.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 04:04 PM   #3487
built2shred
Phoenix

Doesn't surprised me of the big drop, as I posted earlier that the long length of the film with little action in the first half could turn people off from seeing it a second time... In order for movies to cross that billion mark they need a lot of people to see it 2-3 times...

I predict it will probably stall out around $750m (world wide)
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 08:27 PM   #3488
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

Sure it stumbled a bit out of the gate and made some missteps, but I think the studio will learn from the mistakes. The edit wasn't great and overlong, and Darkseid should have been redesigned (still possible to fix in digital release). The only real thing that can't be taken back is Luthor. Eisenberg did a fine job, but the character was poorly conceived. That said I thought it was reasonably enjoyable, but could have been so much better, but I'll be picking it up on digital when released. As long as the movie does enough to continue building out the DCCU I'm fine.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 02:49 PM   #3489
moon_knight1971
Rescue

Finally..http://www.newsarama.com/28711-repor...s-changes.html
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 04:47 PM   #3490
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Not only was Lex's character all wrong, but Superman's mother saying he owes the world nothing is so totally out of character for Martha that it just took me out of the film.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus View Post
The only real thing that can't be taken back is Luthor. Eisenberg did a fine job, but the character was poorly conceived.
Agree with you both. Lex was a bit too eccentric for my tastes.

He looked goofy in the promos and ended up disappointing overall as a threat.
Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote