Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-26-2015, 07:36 PM   #341
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
I keep reading people expecting 500, 550, 600$... can't understand the rationale behind it, why should it cost that much?
Better question might be why wouldn't it? Given recent prices and the fact that Boba, a piece without electronics, was $450 it stands to reason it would be at least $50 more. You never know though but I personally don't see it being less than $500.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 07:41 PM   #342
XMAN
S.H.I.E.L.D.

IMO......the pose looks very unnatural.....
XMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 07:41 PM   #343
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Better question might be why wouldn't it? Given recent prices and the fact that Boba, a piece without electronics, was $450 it stands to reason it would be at least $50 more. You never know though but I personally don't see it being less than $500.
I could play devil's advocate and say that light up does not impact on the final price (that's what has been said, can't recall if it was Alex or Igo).
But I understand that the final price is going to be determined "because he's that character". Same reason why Rhino was 400 and new Hulks 550.
500$ is definitely a high price tag, even taking into account the size and details of the character.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 07:45 PM   #344
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I think both arms should come in. Not just one. The lightsaber can stay where it is so he'd look very similar to something like what's in this photo. He looks everything like you would want Vader to look like in this pic. Why can't Sideshow just do poses for iconic movie characters the right way? CR Supes and now this one? I'm sure there's more I'm missing as of late. Keaton was perfect, however.

AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 07:45 PM   #345
Synzaic
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Thank god......I was actually worried that we might run out of one leg up posed statues.....phew. Good thing we found those sweet stairs.

Maybe they just found a way to reuse the molds on stairs.(Ghulk, 1989 batman, dr.doom, batman, superman, snowtrooper......all)
Synzaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 07:47 PM   #346
Synzaic
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizAbef View Post
I think both arms should come in. Not just one. The lightsaber can stay where it is so he'd look very similar to something like what's in this photo. He looks everything like you would want Vader to look like in this pic. Why can't Sideshow just do poses for iconic movie characters the right way? CR Supes and now this one? I'm sure there's more I'm missing as of late. Keaton was perfect, however.

And I don't know if there is any point of saying what should be done to the statue. has sideshow ever changed one? anyways, now im on the fence, we definitely planning on buying this one, but it looks awkward.
Synzaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 07:59 PM   #347
Luminous
Cyclops

Sideshow just makes it easier and easier to stay away from their product. I am just not understanding the art direction here.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 08:23 PM   #348
vorpoll
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
I could play devil's advocate and say that light up does not impact on the final price (that's what has been said, can't recall if it was Alex or Igo).
But I understand that the final price is going to be determined "because he's that character". Same reason why Rhino was 400 and new Hulks 550.
500$ is definitely a high price tag, even taking into account the size and details of the character.
That's what they said after the light up feature was taken out after they released the preorder having said it would have one. They didn't reduce the price after it was taken out.
vorpoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 08:32 PM   #349
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAWS View Post
Exactly.... Vader should not try and look Jacked.. He is naturally big... This is the pose of a small man trying to look like a tuff guy.

I know it's artistic interpretation but Vader never once tried to look big... He just was.
maybe hes pretending he is riding his Harley,. ?

i still like it though as of now. but i can get why some wouldn't like him in that pose. but the design and sculpt looks incredible from what i can tell so far compared to the first one. and for that, im in.. for now..
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 08:33 PM   #350
newe82
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

nope. This one just seems off.
newe82 is offline   Reply With Quote