Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 06-27-2015, 07:30 PM   #341
madmanny
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Mine lives in the EU ��
madmanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 07:42 PM   #342
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restinpieces View Post
So tired of reading your diatribes.

People will express themselves as they wish regardless of how many times you spew your regurgitated rhetoric, you just need to accept it. Just as we all accept you as someone who clearly loves nothing more than stirring the pot, fanning flames of rumors and gossip while trying to play both sides like you're the good guy ambassador of both SSC and XM companies.

Bottom line: if you truly want to support a company like XM and see it succeed like you've claimed a thousand times over, then buy their products. As it stands you own zero XM products. End of story.
Yep you are totally within your right to feel that way, and I won't even disagree all the much. As you know I was hoping my FIRST XM piece was going to be either an Erick Sosa Spiderman or Hulk, heck I was even considering selling my 1/4 Spidey Com to get it done, but it isn't gong to happen, and with these restriction I don't think I can afford these anymore.

As for me straddling the middle... Again you are totally right. However, that is where XM has always encouraged us to be.
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 07:52 PM   #343
Restinpieces
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey976 View Post
Yep you are totally within your right to feel that way, and I won't even disagree all the much. As you know I was hoping my FIRST XM piece was going to be either an Erick Sosa Spiderman or Hulk, heck I was even considering selling my 1/4 Spidey Com to get it done, but it isn't gong to happen, and with these restriction I don't think I can afford these anymore.

As for me straddling the middle... Again you are totally right. However, that is where XM has always encouraged us to be.
XM discourages fanning the flames of rumors and speculation, as they contacted you personally last August after your continued commentary in the Magneto thread @ Freaks to make that clear.

Apparently, that lesson was forgotten as you're right back at it again since they parted ways with Sosa.
Restinpieces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 08:07 PM   #344
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

I remember that.
wolf-brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 08:54 PM   #345
cpluse2
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
XM discourages fanning the flames of rumors and speculation, as they contacted you personally last August after your continued commentary in the Magneto thread @ Freaks to make that clear.

Apparently, that lesson was forgotten as you're right back at it again since they parted ways with Sosa.
Come on Spidey976 say it aint so...

jk i know it will all work itself out.
cpluse2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 09:00 PM   #346
dechirico7
The Flash

What I don't get is...why do they even bother selling these in Singapore etc? Every guy in Singapore that has POed a Phoenix is flipping theirs on ebay or Facebook. Seriously. There are at least, two Phoenix pieces posted everyday on Facebook for 2k. So what is the point. Obviously the market for these pieces isn't as big there.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 09:45 PM   #347
dino76m
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
This is the weak spot in the whole reasoning, tho.
Because it's the first time ever I read about this clausole, and XM's licensing rights have been debated a lot in the last year. None of their official retailers seem to know about the fact they're not allowed to sell to US customers, either, which is quite puzzling.
That's not how it usually works, btw. Licensing restrictions are about XM's direct (website) sales, not their retailers. It's always been like that, just look at Bowen being restricted to NA and Sideshow distributing their statues all over the world (oh, the irony).
If this is a clausole in their licensing agreement, it's something new and definitely wasn't there when they started.
sideshow cant sell HT and Prime 1 products to Asia,,
dino76m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 10:28 PM   #348
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:

Okay m8... Madmanny stated that Ben confirmed the sales restrictions were happen, and Ben IS XM... Pure and simple. Also Nidget, and Chris have confirmed it. So obviously SOMETHING is going down. Throw into the mx that people are reporting that their Wolverines that were suppose to ship on Monday were canceled, and that all isn't good. Now the later could just be a few resellers who decided to make a quick buck on EBay.... But the restrictions are coming. So m8 it isn't a rumor anymore.

As for my relationship with the XM gents it has a
Ways been based on me being frank and honest with them and the community as a whole. I know what I know when it comes to XM because I don't beat around the bush. Like you I do love the company, and I want what is best for them. Trust me when I say I wish I could buy their stuff, but it is looking like it just isn't going to happen. My comments about letting EVERYTHING die down are all based on past history, an what is evidently, very evidently, going on here. I have had these talks with Bryan before and every time I try to quiet things down I ALWAYS get a thank you. I am willing to let things die down now and I am not looking for a fight with you. I am past that m8.

Now, what I will say, and this IS speculation, is that since XM hasn't commented yet, and you HAVE TO ADMIT they would have already if there was nothing to this, I am starting to wonder if there is an entirely new move being made. Something they can't talk about YET. Now they could just be organizing and clarifying legal issues... Or there could be something else entirely happening. The boys are nothing if not creative.
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 10:31 PM   #349
Restinpieces
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey976 View Post
Okay m8... Madmanny stated that Ben confirmed the sales restrictions were happen, and Ben IS XM... Pure and simple. Also Nidget, and Chris have confirmed it. So obviously SOMETHING is going down. Throw into the mx that people are reporting that their Wolverines that were suppose to ship on Monday were canceled, and that all isn't good. Now the later could just be a few resellers who decided to make a quick buck on EBay.... But the restrictions are coming. So m8 it isn't a rumor anymore.

As for my relationship with the XM gents it has a
Ways been based on me being frank and honest with them and the community as a whole. I know what I know when it comes to XM because I don't beat around the bush. Like you I do love the company, and I want what is best for them. Trust me when I say I wish I could buy their stuff, but it is looking like it just isn't going to happen. My comments about letting EVERYTHING die down are all based on past history, an what is evidently, very evidently, going on here. I have had these talks with Bryan before and every time I try to quiet things down I ALWAYS get a thank you. I am willing to let things die down now and I am not looking for a fight with you. I am past that m8.

Now, what I will say, and this IS speculation, is that since XM hasn't commented yet, and you HAVE TO ADMIT they would have already if there was nothing to this, I am starting to wonder if there is an entirely new move being made. Something they can't talk about YET. Now they could just be organizing and clarifying legal issues... Or there could be something else entirely happening. The boys are nothing if not creative.
You know nothing Jon Snow.
Restinpieces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 10:36 PM   #350
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmanny View Post
Mine lives in the EU ��
Is he some kind of middle man/reseller, or one of the euro distribution retailers?
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote