Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-05-2023, 10:27 AM   #341
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Intense feelings for Divo on this piece, but I'm glad he likes it.

To me just speaking on SS Jokers, each one represents a different time

1st Killing the Joke
2nd (Pogo) Clown Prince of Crime
3rd 3 Jokers, which kinda is clever that the 3rd one is based on a 3 title.

Pogo one has two portraits, the cartoon looking one is deliberately since its suppose to represent the classic joker, before he became what he is today. Then has an updated portrait, but with the same theme. Is it my fav no, is it great ? I think so, its essential to showing joker through different eras.

TH version on throne is maybe more closely to The man who laughs ? Looking at the cover it resembles him.

We like to always say if this is the definitive version of the character after each rehash. But maybe its the wrong approach, its just going to be which era speaks to us more individually.

BTW Lugnuts excellent pics!!!

Last edited by moyiori; 07-05-2023 at 10:28 AM. Reason: added
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2023, 11:36 AM   #342
nearmint
Phoenix

Still available for preorder from popcultcha.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2023, 01:55 PM   #343
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Everyone should have someone to love them as much as Divo loves this Joker.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2023, 01:57 PM   #344
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
More like every single PF Sideshow makes.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2023, 04:03 PM   #345
Conehead
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
Conehead, your past posts just show that you're a blind follower, all too eager to squawk with the flock, therefore limiting your range. Based on that, I'd never try to convince the likes of you, only those who can see through.
Says the guy who praises pieces with embarrassing post after post. Look how many found fault with your recent Bel post
Not really a good showing

Once again throwing other peoples hard work under the bus wont raise the response to Bels joker
Conehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2023, 04:11 PM   #346
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conehead View Post
Says the guy who praises pieces with embarrassing post after post. Look how many found fault with your recent Bel post
Not really a good showing

Once again throwing other peoples hard work under the bus wont raise the response to Bels joker
I think Diva lives up to his name, he's annoying, dramatic and as crazy as the joker!

Amazing pics as always lugnuts
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2023, 04:34 PM   #347
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Still available for preorder from popcultcha.
Thanks for the info nearmint, was waiting for SS waitlist to convert since I wanted to use my Reward points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conehead View Post
Ya may have not been the best approach, cause i still see the value in the other PF's, even tho I do enjoy this new one.

Right now only time will tell how this new one holds up against the others. 600 is the lowest ES a joker has received so is that market (slowdown and because its a rehash) or because it wasn't well liked? Everyone has there own opinion and could be a combo of all of it.

Just cause it has a lower ES of 600 doesn't mean that it will hold its value.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 12:49 AM   #348
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronica View Post
still prefer the 1st Sideshow pf portrait
You and me both. IMO, he looks very sinister.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 07:52 AM   #349
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Excellent pics al fresco, bravo! Your vid is also great, which begs a questions.

Now tell us true, did this dastardly badass Joker scare all the wildlife away? Or was it a naturally eerily silent, ominous sunny day, bracing for the bloody Joker mayhem that's surely on it's way?

A rabid Joker with a razor's edge.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 08:05 AM   #350
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
T, in most cases you're right on the money, and I agree, but some times you fail to see. Here is the reality.

I really don't give a sh!t what folks collect, but I do care about having the same squawk crew still trying to convince us/themselves(?) that past OG sculpts are where it's at, when in fact most are now old hat, as the crashing prices reflect just that. Especially when these collecting trolls still drag out 10 year old sculpts, trying to prove what? That Canale was a "one trick pony" long ago, and now his work is a no show? Fck that noise, this Joker will offer more subtle/sinister joys.

As for love? Don't have it yet, so unconsummated. But from afar, I do dig it, even though it was not the comic/cartoon stylized version I was waiting for, still the best in the genre.

Now, true love for Joker would be/mean a much more realistic version. something like this.

- One with a muted, darker, dirtier color palette for his purple suit, modernized with an overcoat. Joker is standing/emerging from a dark dirty NY alley, dragging the bloody crowbar beside him, not hidden, obvious.

- Joker body still heavily contorted, (but within the realms of true possibility), left arm still outstretched, and to preserve the wickedness of the vibe, a dislocated shoulder to bowl us over?

- The base would convey a wet, steamy, rainy, damp night, as we witness Joker's intended murderous fright. With some of his make-up running down/staining his coat lapels, adding that extra touch of realism hell.

- A further "fright" would be reflected in a translucent sidewalk pool/puddle mixed with blood,...........................running down a NY sewer.

- As for the portrait? Absolutely more of this level of insane, but more realistic, more human, closer to home. That's where villainous nightmares come from.

P.S. Now as far as "big love" is concerned? That's on stand-bye for the big green guy, ............................HULK!!!
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote