Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 05-04-2009, 10:40 AM   #341
imranmajid
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Your photos are making me have second thoughts about getting the Godfather in the future, damn you Enzo!!!!!
imranmajid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 02:31 PM   #342
enzo
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

U will not be disapointed my friend, looks 100 times better in person as well
enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 03:01 PM   #343
Batman29
Sinister Six
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enzo View Post
U will not be disapointed my friend, looks 100 times better in person as well

Hi Enzo, I am glad you have gotten a replacement, and that it turned out better than the first one. From the pics, it looks like it. And just as important, I am glad that you are pleased with it.

I have rethought the purchase of this over and over again as I really wanted one. I still return to my original decision of returning it back. For $2000, there should be eyes which are acrylic or glass, and the volume of the Godfather is not there. The one I had, did not capture the essence of the Godfather, but rather of a Godfather becoming ill.

Don't get me wrong, it is a beautiful piece. The questions are; is it worth the $2000, for that price did it capture the essence of the Godfather? This is what I want to caution people who are spending their dough on this.

Here is my link to my original review in this forum in this thread (page 28):

http://www.statueforum.com/showthrea...=52956&page=28

And here is the link (on this forum page 29 of this thread) to my pics of the one that I got (this is important as it was specifically this piece I was refering to)

http://www.statueforum.com/showthrea...=52956&page=29

Batmanmike, on page 28 of this thread, did a good job in showing what the advertisement shots of the Godfather looked like vs what you really got. Ok, his comments might not be the greates, just take a look at page 28 of the thread, you will know what I mean.
Batman29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 03:53 PM   #344
enzo

I have frequented this thread many times and I know how alot of u feel about cm's, again to each his own, to me there is no better, I have had a very diverse collection in the past 15 years, bowen hot toys, ss, and to me nothing comes close to cm again JMHO, anyways, the god father is myu new favorite piece in my collection actually my ost favorite piece I have ever owned, with that being said I do believe there are better editions out there then other and that does scare me for future releases. for example, my first godfather was pretty good looking I was very happy with it except for the defective leg, but george went out of the way to russle through a couple of editions to pick out one that he thought was great. Upon recieving, it was a dramatic difference from the first, it looks very close in person to the promo pics I have seen, again I was happy before, but now I am just blown away,

But I do understand where u r coming from. $2000 is it worth it? only u have that answer for urself, for me it is worth evry penny, all the cm's for that matter have been worth what I have payed for them, some way under retail and some at retail. To me there is no better and I will pay for the best there is, again just my humble opinion, and i know that lots of u will not agree with me,
Old 05-04-2009, 04:34 PM   #345
imranmajid
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

This hobby, like any other form of art is very subjective. I personally wouldn't pay millions of dollars for a painting, but i can see why others would.

I love Cinemaquettes. Overall, to me they represent the best that is currently out there in terms of presence, capturing the essence of their characters and quality when it comes to mass produced pieces.
I'm generally not that into sideshow pieces that much though there are obviously some exceptions, (Alien warrior bust, Pred 1 bust, Endoskeleton etc) but thats just my personal taste.

Obviously $2000 is a huge amount of money and X10 the price will not necessarily reflect X10 the increase in quality, but there is definitely a difference between a sideshow PF piece and a CM piece, the question of whether or not you feel its worth the extra money is your discretion. I agree with Enzo, all the cinemaquettes that I have bought (T850, T800, Alien and Predator) have been worth it, in fact I would have payed more for the Predator, its that good a statue.

I hope cinemaquette continue to grow as a company and improve their products with each subsequent piece.
imranmajid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 05:45 PM   #346
batmanmike
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

congrats enzo - but to me it stills looks very bad - the overall paint job is just bad

he looks too thin - he looks ill and the eyes are just terribly - terribly done - he looks blind!!
batmanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 09:05 PM   #347
enzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by imranmajid View Post
This hobby, like any other form of art is very subjective. I personally wouldn't pay millions of dollars for a painting, but i can see why others would.

I love Cinemaquettes. Overall, to me they represent the best that is currently out there in terms of presence, capturing the essence of their characters and quality when it comes to mass produced pieces.
I'm generally not that into sideshow pieces that much though there are obviously some exceptions, (Alien warrior bust, Pred 1 bust, Endoskeleton etc) but thats just my personal taste.

Obviously $2000 is a huge amount of money and X10 the price will not necessarily reflect X10 the increase in quality, but there is definitely a difference between a sideshow PF piece and a CM piece, the question of whether or not you feel its worth the extra money is your discretion. I agree with Enzo, all the cinemaquettes that I have bought (T850, T800, Alien and Predator) have been worth it, in fact I would have payed more for the Predator, its that good a statue.

I hope cinemaquette continue to grow as a company and improve their products with each subsequent piece.
great analogy with the painting, I never looked at it like that. I agree with u whole heartedly, Like u I hope to look foward to many many more great characters and high quality collectables from our friends at Cm,

I personally cannot wait for bruce, I think that piece is simply stunning, and SDCC to see what is next for us
Old 05-04-2009, 09:06 PM   #348
enzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmanmike View Post
congrats enzo - but to me it stills looks very bad - the overall paint job is just bad

he looks too thin - he looks ill and the eyes are just terribly - terribly done - he looks blind!!
again, to each his own, my friend
Old 05-05-2009, 01:20 AM   #349
Batman29
Sinister Six
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enzo View Post
I have frequented this thread many times and I know how alot of u feel about cm's, again to each his own, to me there is no better, I have had a very diverse collection in the past 15 years, bowen hot toys, ss, and to me nothing comes close to cm again JMHO, anyways, the god father is myu new favorite piece in my collection actually my ost favorite piece I have ever owned, with that being said I do believe there are better editions out there then other and that does scare me for future releases. for example, my first godfather was pretty good looking I was very happy with it except for the defective leg, but george went out of the way to russle through a couple of editions to pick out one that he thought was great. Upon recieving, it was a dramatic difference from the first, it looks very close in person to the promo pics I have seen, again I was happy before, but now I am just blown away,

But I do understand where u r coming from. $2000 is it worth it? only u have that answer for urself, for me it is worth evry penny, all the cm's for that matter have been worth what I have payed for them, some way under retail and some at retail. To me there is no better and I will pay for the best there is, again just my humble opinion, and i know that lots of u will not agree with me,

Well put Enzo.
Batman29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 10:22 PM   #350
Agent23
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I still like this piece, and the Godfather is one of my favorite charcters. I'd like to get the CM some day...but, for now I am holding off.
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote