Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 05-24-2017, 03:20 PM   #3621
lewisnfro86
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF_1 View Post
I'm sorry, You are completely WRONG!

Here's what you need to learn about science.

The past statues that had leaning issues such as the old Scorpion is due to the structural wire inside and the stress of the weight that overtime allowed it to lean. The inside support was not strong enough, therefore leaning over time!

With the 1/3 Scorpion Lean issue this is not the case!
Larger statues if you didn't know are assembled in pieces. Body and legs is one piece and the shin down to the feet are a separate piece. The inside of this structure is solid and not being supported the same as a more dynamic pose will have long medal rods in them for support and sometimes are too weak. This issue is actually due to the casting/assembly in how the factory made a mistake on a few of them when gluing the body/legs (one piece) to the shin guard/feet. Since these are assembled, when the Factory glued it together they did not do it properly on a small amount of them and basically glued a few in crooked.

Humans make mistakes and no one will glue all of them perfect into the slots unfortunately and the reason when statues have to be assembled it gives more of a chance for assembly issues such as we see here with the 1/3 Scorpion on a few of them. The issue is with the QC guy allowing the crooked improper glued ones to pass inspection not once but twice. In China it was checked and PCS checked it again, so those Leaning ones should have been spotted during QC and fixed before shipping by swapping the defects with the replacements. That's how the human errors of the factory should have been handled by having a good QC staff to first always check for assembly issues and then go from there but the gluing correctly is #1 to check in my book. Not just one QC guy, but the QC team should consist of 3-7 employees with good eyes for spotting errors.

Maybe when hiring QC staff a quiz can be given with 2 almost identical pictures and they have to pick out all the differences that are added to pic 1 that pic 2 doesn't have. You can make a challenging sample and that can be one step closer to finding good QC staff. Just my opinion, but I feel this can make collecting better for PCS and collectors that strive for better QC.

So, once this is glued in properly like pretty much the whole production was except a few odd balls this will not Lean! I have 21 years of collecting experiences and I will bet you my Soul that in 5,10,30...etc years it will not lean at all.

Collectors that had the bad casting assembly had it right out the box from the factory so it would not have enough time to Lean so fast if it was a weak structure which is not the case here. Its like if you were placed in cement bent up and not straight you would dry all bent up. If anyone here has no Lean initially out the box and he slips in snug to the pins then this piece will never Lean. Please, understand the science and don't speculate that it will Lean over time when I'm sorry that is not the correct facts!

Structural leaning issues usually happen on pieces with more dynamic poses that have poor medal rods inside or the engineering was off when creating the dynamic pose to where it's not balanced correctly.

Anyone with a good Scorpion does not have to worry of any Leaning over time. If it's not leaning out the box this piece will never Lean. Like I said I bet my Soul and my whole collection if you want to prove me wrong.

Just feed me your cats, you know I'm from Melmac. Thanks

<3 you!
lewisnfro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 03:25 AM   #3622
Mace Handowan
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Also still waiting for a shipping notice...
Mace Handowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 04:38 AM   #3623
LV-426
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Same!
LV-426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 04:39 AM   #3624
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

He's due today! Hype!
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 05:12 AM   #3625
SARFARAZ
I like Chicken Wings
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
He's due today! Hype!
How much was the charge this time? Parcelforce?
Old 05-25-2017, 05:17 AM   #3626
DeadGhostKnight
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARFARAZ View Post
How much was the charge this time? Parcelforce?
Yeah through USPS and being delivered through Parcel Force, £26.37 fee + £8 clearance, so £34.37.

Just had my SubZero shipped though and it's coming through Fedex...so i imagine it's gonna have the full 20% on it.

How did you go about getting your charges reduced with Oro? Just over e-mail or calls?
Old 05-25-2017, 10:44 AM   #3627
Conan7713
Kindly Asked To Leave

Yeah they told me it was going to ship last week then for sure this week. Hope they don't ship it at 5pm Friday.
Conan7713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 12:23 PM   #3628
addic
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan7713 View Post
Yeah they told me it was going to ship last week then for sure this week. Hope they don't ship it at 5pm Friday.
Better hope they at least ship it this week.
addic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 01:06 PM   #3629
Conan7713
Kindly Asked To Leave

I won't be surprised. Still bothered that I bought something from China after I had already paid shipping for scorpion and it was in the warehouse and that piece is out for delivery today.

According to eBay it shipped May 12. Sad thing is this is probably some guy working out of his garage by himself at his house and sticks to what he says and PCS is a million$ company with employees that can't seem to get it done.

Stuff like this makes me glad I passed on Rambo and Bison.
Conan7713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 01:37 PM   #3630
DeadGhostKnight
SF ReviewerModerator

Well FU-CK Parcel Force no Scorpion today....waited in all day in this heat for nothing.