Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 10-04-2018, 12:07 PM   #361
Tayto_0
Sinister Six

Just speaking for myself here. I'm not talking about renders or an unpainted sculpture. I'm talking explicitly about rushing the paint job. I'm still planning on getting brown wolverine but the poor paint app on that possibly lost XM sales.

I just don't see how it benefits XM or collectors.
Tayto_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 12:09 PM   #362
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayto_0 View Post
I was hoping for a darker piece. This looks like a party piece. It wouldn't look out of place on top of an elaborate birthday cake.
This is the first i've heard a statue let alone a batman statue be called a party piece. "That wouldn't look out of place on a birthday cake"
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 12:12 PM   #363
Tayto_0
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
This is the first i've heard a statue let alone a batman statue be called a party piece.
Happy birthday Batsy! Don't tell me i'm the only one who sees it?
Old 10-04-2018, 12:18 PM   #364
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Just speaking for myself here. I'm not talking about renders or an unpainted sculpture. I'm talking explicitly about rushing the paint job. I'm still planning on getting brown wolverine but the poor paint app on that possibly lost XM sales.

I just don't see how it benefits XM or collectors.

It's not like their paint applications are sloppy and we have paint bleeding into other colors on the statue, the paint application is well done, the issue seems more about the color schemes, You say you hate the Wolverine colors yet there's also collectors who said they love it.

Your not going to please everyone when it comes to statues... Take SS Psylocke statue, I think the base looks like someone puked Pepto-Bismol all over the floor yet some collectors love the look of it...

XM only had a few weeks to get this painted for the show so it probably didn't give them a lot of time to think about the final colors yet.... I think what XM is telling people is this is an early paint up and things could change so collectors shouldn't get their panties all up in a twist just yet.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 12:20 PM   #365
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
This is what kind of annoys me about some collectors, they will ----- and moan about companies like SS not showing what there doing and not taking any input from collectors on the design of the statue because they basically don't show you anything until it's done and changes can't be made...

Then the same people will ----- and moan that XM shows to much stuff to early and they shouldn't show anything until it's finished and changes can't be made...

Personally I rather they show their work in progress so they can take suggestions from collectors and modify the statue before it releases...

Yeah XM allows a limited number of pre-orders at the conventions for collectors willing to gamble on what the final piece will look like, but the bottom line is XM has not started official pre-orders yet, so anyone ordering early at shows or ordering from 3rd parties is your own fault.... usually when the official pre-order starts the statue is pretty much done, very small tweaks might happen but overall the statue pretty much stays the same.
I 100% agree with you. It's easier to keep my mouth shut, and stay pleasant. I understand you can't please everyone but by now people should know XM always listens to feedback and goes back to correct stuff. (They don't have to do this.) I feel like Optimus and Narin Predator were shown eons ago due to all the fixes.

I personally like the BTAS vibe with this statue. I believe they will shade the colors better with more time as it does need it. Other then that if you don't like it, save your money.
eternalblue02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 12:25 PM   #366
Tayto_0
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
It's not like their paint applications are sloppy and we have paint bleeding into other colors on the statue, the paint application is well done, the issue seems more about the color schemes, You say you hate the Wolverine colors yet there's also collectors who said they love it.

Your not going to please everyone when it comes to statues... Take SS Psylocke statue, I think the base looks like someone puked Pepto-Bismol all over the floor yet some collectors love the look of it...

XM only had a few weeks to get this painted for the show so it probably didn't give them a lot of time to think about the final colors yet.... I think what XM is telling people is this is an early paint up and things could change so collectors shouldn't get their panties all up in a twist just yet.
I'll untwist my panties till further notice then.

Cheap shot to bring Psylocke in to this btw
Old 10-04-2018, 12:34 PM   #367
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Happy birthday Batsy! Don't tell me i'm the only one who sees it?
lol, no comment.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 12:41 PM   #368
Mister H
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
i thought we were friends...
LOL! If you count Deathstroke as a Bat Villain now then I’m officially a Bat Villain fan.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 12:51 PM   #369
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsdayd View Post
Exactly. Feels like a bunch of Kotobukiya figures slapped together. I am getting BTAS vibes from this. I know XM will tweak things but I doubt they will go as far as changing to a darker color palette entirely.
I think you hit the nail on the head. that's what it is looking like to me as well.
aa909 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 12:58 PM   #370
Kessiah
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I'm on the edge really, and the price is not helping. Maybe a pass. Maybe a late buy, aftermarket, don't know yet where it goes.
Kessiah is offline   Reply With Quote