Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 12-22-2012, 03:24 PM   #371
Doh!

I am talking to the dealer about it, I hope we can find some solution other than just going to UPS for an insurance claim, as yeah I would get my money back, but then they just destroy the model.
I have to say the dealer is responding pretty quick to me even on this holiday weekend. We all feel sick about it.

I hope there is a way to get it repaired maybe. It would be great if Toynami would do the repairs as at least it would be an official repair... I can hope right? The good news the main painted body is not damaged other than one of the side turbine units was not attached, but most of the damage was underneath, the fiberglass base structure and the fender liner wheel wells came out in pieces.

I am a life long collector, my uncle though had a heck of a Batman collection, namely statues. He passed away 6 years ago and it pained me to help the estate sell the items.
11051955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 04:16 PM   #372
Darth Pain
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

If your dealer can't replace it or refund you, call Cinemaquette/Toynami. I'm sure they'll be able to do something for you.
Darth Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:30 PM   #373
Doh!

Well, the damage wasn't too bad. The dealer put in a claim with UPS and I didn't want them to take it till I knew just what the damage was. I had fears of it getting destroyed more... the supports for the bolts were broken on the front. Toynami never got back to me, but a nice rep at Sideshow gave me some ideas. Jed's write up about his custom work helped as it showed there wasn't a heck of a lot to really take apart. Well I took it apart and it turns out it wasn't all that bad. The biggest damage was the supports for the bolts were torn and split from the body and one of the front inner wheel wells was cracked and torn from the body. One of the rear wells was loose as well. My model had different color expoy or bonding agent than Jed's mine has this grainy purple material that seemed a bit too grainy to me. I've done a good bit of fiberglass work and resin work and wouldn't be surprised if this was defect in the mixing. Some simple fibgerglass repair made it all all right. Since I had the bottom off, I did do some detailing on the interior of the car. It is a little bare and even noticed in the promo photos of the initial release they showed more items painted. I've seen the process car in person at Star Cars Museum so I used that as a little bit of a guide (yes it is slightly different than the interior of the hero car). The side turbine that was loose just had to be glued in place. I did some weathering on the rear exhaust tube as well. There is a great shot on the Batman bluray where it shows a rusty look to it, I darkened it a little bit just didn't go completely black. I have to say the 89 Meltons look great next to it. I have a vision of a display for the car and the Meltons. I want to have the car and Batman next to it and in the background have a print of the Museum with a platform for the Joker to stand on. Just an idea I am working on.

I will say the dealer did respond quick, they did put in a claim right away, if it turns out the body was really a totaled a claim would be the way to go, but it could be saved...which is good, I would rather have the car than the cash.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	toybatman.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	350.1 KB
ID:	76183   Click image for larger version

Name:	toybatman2.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	307.8 KB
ID:	76184  
11051955 is offline   Reply With Quote