Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 10-04-2018, 01:14 PM   #371
adee
Green Arrow

I love the sculpt but agree about the colors not matching the mood. For that reason I think I like the nightmare version a little more.

The arm seams bother me on a few characters.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 01:55 PM   #372
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
This is what kind of annoys me about some collectors, they will ----- and moan about companies like SS not showing what there doing and not taking any input from collectors on the design of the statue because they basically don't show you anything until it's done and changes can't be made...

Then the same people will ----- and moan that XM shows to much stuff to early and they shouldn't show anything until it's finished and changes can't be made...

Personally I rather they show their work in progress so they can take suggestions from collectors and modify the statue before it releases...

Yeah XM allows a limited number of pre-orders at the conventions for collectors willing to gamble on what the final piece will look like, but the bottom line is XM has not started official pre-orders yet, so anyone ordering early at shows or ordering from 3rd parties is your own fault.... usually when the official pre-order starts the statue is pretty much done, very small tweaks might happen but overall the statue pretty much stays the same.
Spot on!
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 04:19 PM   #373
Demona
Martian Manhunter

We all know that is not going to be the final paints. So just keep in mind how great the sculpt is and that it will look different the next time.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 06:09 PM   #374
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I guess the thing that confuses me most by looking at the pictures is that this is supposedly 1:6 scale. I mean if I look at the Batman in these 2 pictures, those do not really look the same in terms of size.....do they? And that's not even taking into account all the other characters that are full sculpts instead of half bodies. Is this more of a 1:7 scale statue or is it just really hard to tell that it is 1:6 by the pictures? At the same time though maybe it's all right and I just haven't seen a ton of 1:6 statues. But that Joker sure doesn't look to be the same size as the Tweeterhead Joker to me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpeg
Views:	84
Size:	355.4 KB
ID:	117800   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	195.1 KB
ID:	117801  
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 06:26 PM   #375
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Kinda hard to judge unless that same dude positioned himself next to the diorama for reference. Take away the billowing cape of the TH piece and it looks pretty comparable to me.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 06:50 PM   #376
Joel
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayto_0 View Post
To be honest i wish XM would stop doing this. It was the same with Wolverine. Show the piece when it's done, they're not doing themselves any favours here.
I disagree with one major caveat. If they are going to do this then make sure they listen to feedback. XM do so I have no issue with them showing unfinished work.

Having said that I’m still buthurt over Batman on Horse not being changed....
Joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 07:04 PM   #377
chrismhk
Luke Cage

Looks great but not great enough that I am not sure if I won’t regret paying 2500 usd around for it in the future kudos to those who get it though!
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 07:25 PM   #378
dmoff
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
I guess the thing that confuses me most by looking at the pictures is that this is supposedly 1:6 scale. I mean if I look at the Batman in these 2 pictures, those do not really look the same in terms of size.....do they? And that's not even taking into account all the other characters that are full sculpts instead of half bodies. Is this more of a 1:7 scale statue or is it just really hard to tell that it is 1:6 by the pictures? At the same time though maybe it's all right and I just haven't seen a ton of 1:6 statues. But that Joker sure doesn't look to be the same size as the Tweeterhead Joker to me.
Yeah I thought the same when I saw pictures with a guy standing by it setting up his camera or something. Definitely looked smaller than 1/6 but I guess it would be difficult to tell until you see it in person.

That said, it's an incredible piece that I would love to own, but to me it's just not worth the money they are asking. Knock a 1000 $ / £ of it, then we could talk. It's getting to be the same for everything in this hobby though, the prices just aren't in any way appealing for me anymore.
dmoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 08:14 PM   #379
gogo13
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

It's a larger open space at NYCC. Its like a TV in the store. It looks smaller in the store and when it's at home it looks larger. It seems like it 1/6 scale in person. Its a large diorama. No way they can make it 1/4 scale.

I like the statue alot. and I was hoping to just pass on it cause of the cost. I gotta stop looking at it.when I go back . I wish it was less expensive. I understand the quality of sculpt and the difficulty painting it.I understand the price.I'm still on the fence ordering it cause of the price...I'm also very tempted to order this or the 1/6 DC line.The quality is better than Tweeter Heads but the price is higher. The details are better than some 1/4 scale statue. The paint app is really good. XM quality. The portraits on Joker,Aquaman,Superman and Wonder woman is sharp for 1/6. I didn't include Flash cause he wears a mask. All the DC 1/6 look great. My wallet is going to hate you XM.. They found a distributor for the US.
gogo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 08:31 PM   #380
XMAN
S.H.I.E.L.D.

I like this piece I would love to get it but I can help and think XM coming out. Later with something better or something that I like more like Marvel characters this type of sculpt with Marvel characters would be amazing to me
XMAN is offline   Reply With Quote