Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 12-11-2023, 03:14 PM   #371
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
Another thing about blitzway, with their 1/2 scale T1 police shoot out they way over did the BD blood effects. The entire Endoskeleton eye and most of the metal chrome is covered with blood.

1. Not screen accurate. T1 BD had blood but not on the metal Endoskeleton, just around the tissue areas (he bled out after all after his blood pump got blown). The cybernetic eye covered in blood looks stupid and is a big no no.
2. It ruins the Endoskeleton metal contrast as it becomes a red rather than metallic silver. Looks sh!t, whoever was in charge with production should be sacked.

The right way to do it would be like QS BD bust. Let's hope prime1 and blitzway don't muck this up on production and cover the BD Endoskeleton part with blood everywhere that you can't see the Endoskeleton contrast.
Blitzway worked on the 1/2 T1 statue?
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2023, 03:16 PM   #372
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
Not sure all I saw for that one was blitzway/prime 1 branded together so assumed there was some collaboration between them.

The production on this could still screw up, I can easily see production painters get lazy and over paint blood on the Endoskeleton. That would be a big screw up imo.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2023, 04:04 PM   #373
csutkakoma
Sinister Six

Quote:
Cyberdyne shootout he shouldn't have any endoskeleton exposure at the knee. There is no BD around the leg at that stage. The damage occurs when he does the super roll off the liquid nitrogen truck.

For screen accuracy, they should make the legs clean with no leather damage.

Well yes that is true. But they said in the video this is the arrival scene in the factory when it is posed with the pistol and the grenade launcher (which is damaged from the roll) . So I think they are going for both. I prefer the exposed leg look anyway. But it is wrong on the statue that way.

Let's hope blade is right.
csutkakoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2023, 04:13 PM   #374
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
Nope. 100% Prime 1.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2023, 04:28 PM   #375
superdude
The X-Men

Man I'd kill for a proper Blitzway T1 Arnold. That P1 version just looks laughably bad compared to this.
superdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2023, 04:49 PM   #376
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdude View Post
Man I'd kill for a proper Blitzway T1 Arnold. That P1 version just looks laughably bad compared to this.
Agreed, that's why it's hard for me to pull the trigger on this, even at $1700 with genuine leather. I'd be much more excited for a 1/4 or 1/3 police shootout Arnold.
Old 12-11-2023, 05:05 PM   #377
Dundee
Hydra

My bad T1 police shoot out was all prime 1. I must be seeing things lol. Got it muddled up with their 1/3 ledger joker haha.

I'm tempted to go Reg but not confident production is going to turn out as sharp as can be. Platinum is going to be hand painted by artists so they margin for error should be minimal.

I just get the feeling the blood effects won't be consistent and prime 1 are going to be way to heavy handed when painting these things.
Old 12-11-2023, 05:28 PM   #378
Dundee
Hydra

Like a child doing wall painting. The entire endoskeleton is red and even the cybernetic eye which is completely wrong. Can't even see the red led as it blends in.

The prototype blood effects are fine, but production they must have gotten a bunch of kindergartens to slob red paint on them.

I may not be buying the 1/3 T2, but for those who are, I think it's worth pointing this out to Johnny so prime doesn't go crazy vamp on blood paint over the endo parts.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20231212_082126-COLLAGE.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	506.4 KB
ID:	166588  
Old 12-11-2023, 05:34 PM   #379
csutkakoma
Sinister Six

Quote:
Like a child doing wall painting. The entire endoskeleton is red and even the cybernetic eye which is completely wrong. Can't even see the red led as it blends in.

The prototype blood effects are fine, but production they must have gotten a bunch of kindergartens to slob red paint on them.

I may not be buying the 1/3 T2, but for those who are, I think it's worth pointing this out to Johnny so prime doesn't go crazy vamp on blood paint over the endo parts.
Damn. Don't remind me about this failure of a statue. What a huge mess by P1. By the way I think this whole T2 line will be fine. Blitzway is quality. Johnny put every effort in the jungle hunter and doing the same here. It is evident they want the best products possible. Everything will be fine and looks like this line is already a huge success.
csutkakoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2023, 05:52 PM   #380
Blade3327
Nightwing

People tend to dump on Blitzway (presumably for their 1/6 pieces?), but I've been impressed with their larger statue offerings. I trust their painters more than Prime 1's.