Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 08-24-2013, 10:36 PM   #381
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctuckr68 View Post
What are you, his brother, that you don't like criticizing him? Daredevil could have made 300 million, but doesn't change the fact that the consensus is that both he and the film sucked. And in listing some of the successes he's actually been a part of, you conveniently skipped over all of his garbage, which makes up most of his work....smokin' aces, hollywood land, clerks II, Gigli, changing lanes, jay and silent bob strike back, paycheck, Bounce, reindeer games, etc. etc, etc. His body of work consists mostly of dollar theater and red box material. His only success has come when he's attached himself to the likes of Jennifer A, John G, Matt D, etc, etc.
Hollywood Land, Clerks 2, Jay and Silent Bob Strikes back were not garbage - you just seem to have a grudge against the actor - which is fine for you - but your wrong if you think he's not any good as an actor.
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:41 PM   #382
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
Sure. Simply that is what I want to see, it's not been done live action and it's really what most comic readers have been seeing since the seventies.

Let's face it, they used armor costumes for a reason in these movies. It's bulks up the actors when they appear as Batman.

That fan film Batman Dead End was kind of getting at what I'm talking about.
So basically you want Van Diesel or The Rock to play Batman? Be Interesting that's for sure..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:43 PM   #383
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
The question was the last movie I saw him in, not what all have I seen him in...including late night such as SNL, etc. You're exactly the kind of person folks at WB and DC are hoping for here, simple minded and ready to follow Batman anywhere with your money. Anyhow, I don't need to see every movie Affleck has made the last several years to understand why his movies fail. I seen him in enough stuff to know he sucks, and seen the results of his last several movies even if I didn't see them personally. I suppose you have a better reason why his films are failing for so long, or is your reasoning that audiences everywhere don't like him becuase they saw DD ten years ago? ... Okay, everybody, go see Affleck as Batman because DD wasn't his fault, even though all of his movies are flops. He really is a good actor that people love, he's just misunderstood somehow....

You could always save up like 10 billion dollars and buy out Time Warner then you can make these movies anyway you want....
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:48 PM   #384
Spideristic
Kingpin

What are you, his ex-wife, that you like to keep criticizing him?

Chasing Amy is another one of Affleck's better films.
Spideristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:53 PM   #385
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
Hollywood Land, Clerks 2, Jay and Silent Bob Strikes back were not garbage - you just seem to have a grudge against the actor - which is fine for you - but your wrong if you think he's not any good as an actor.
Agreed. Not to mention, he only had cameos in Clerks 2 and Jay and Silent Bob. Apparently, his mere presence in one scene is enough to turn an entire film to sh1t. Not that this guy's even seen the films he's slamming apparently. He just knows LOL. That must be some good tasting Hateraid.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:54 PM   #386
ctuckr68
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
It's nothing personal. I don't have a grudge against him. I just don't want to see him f up both the superman and batman franchises, which will mostly likely be the outcome if he's in the film for more than 5 minutes. There's a 1000 guys in Hollywood can do what he's done as an actor, 1000 more that could do it better....just saying.
ctuckr68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 11:02 PM   #387
ctuckr68
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappahead View Post
Agreed. Not to mention, he only had cameos in Clerks 2 and Jay and Silent Bob. Apparently, his mere presence in one scene is enough to turn an entire film to sh1t. Not that this guy's even seen the films he's slamming apparently. He just knows LOL. That must be some good tasting Hateraid.
no, those are your words, not mine. But to your point and some others...if his presence was worth much then the films would have done much better.
Old 08-24-2013, 11:06 PM   #388
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
So basically you want Van Diesel or The Rock to play Batman? Be Interesting that's for sure..
No, not either of those guys, they do not look like Bruce Wayne, nor is their presence and demeanor.

I would probably be looking at someone totally new and body builders is where I would start.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 11:09 PM   #389
ctuckr68
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideristic View Post
What are you, his ex-wife, that you like to keep criticizing him?

Chasing Amy is another one of Affleck's better films.
hahaha....

I don't like to keep criticizing him. I laid one complaint and some people took it personal somehow. I guess they haven't seen the thousands upon thousands or criticism of Affleck floating around every page of the internet the last 48 hours.
Old 08-24-2013, 11:10 PM   #390
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
no, those are your words, not mine. But to your point and some others...if his presence was worth much then the films would have done much better.
You pointed to films he did cameos in as examples of his bad movies. I deduced that your point was that even as cameos he can ruin films. But then, you'd have to actually see these films to know for sure. It gets tricky when critiquing something you have no real knowledge of.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote