Old 07-18-2007, 12:06 AM   #381
batman1180
Captain Marvel

You lost me on the green arrow part?
batman1180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 12:07 AM   #382
Jesse321
Galactus

How ... how shall I put it ... convenient.
Jesse321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 12:15 AM   #383
batman1180
Captain Marvel

well instead of dancing around implications with you about other forums and recasting all night. I will get back to my original point that im sure that even with fuller recasting you starfire, im sure the orders on the DCD version will exceed yours by several thousand. but then again, the normal public didn't have a crack at yours since it was an unlicensed kit and all.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:18 AM   #384
Jesse321
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman1180 View Post
well instead of dancing around implications with you about other forums and recasting all night. I will get back to my original point that im sure that even with fuller recasting you starfire, im sure the orders on the DCD version will exceed yours by several thousand. but then again, the normal public didn't have a crack at yours since it was an unlicensed kit and all.
Of course it would .. now if DCD ever wanted to produce my design (which I would be more than welcome for them to do BTW) .. then it might be another story.

By the way .. way to go to bat for your team, to bad it's still the losing one.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:27 AM   #385
batman1180
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse321 View Post
Of course it would .. now if DCD ever wanted to produce my design .. then it might be another story.

By the way .. way to go to bat for your team, to bad it's still the losing one.

well, dc has had to have seen your design on the boards at one point or another, as im sure they visit here, albeit they don't listen to any of us, and they still decided to go with the dodson version, so i guess they have more faith that one. I will be adding it to my small starfire section of the collection, right next to yours. Then I will have a classic and a modern.

In reference to you "my team" remark, you have pm.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:29 AM   #386
Jesse321
Galactus

And I would never impose upon them to even attempt to tell them how to run their business.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:33 AM   #387
Hypersom
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Spoon Fed Tripe Eaters, Unite!!!!!!!

Hey Jesse, is calling this line of busts tripe helpful or constructive? Feels like you dislike us as much as you dislike this line.
Hypersom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 12:37 AM   #388
Jesse321
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypersom View Post
Hey Jesse, is calling this line of busts tripe helpful or constructive?
Admittedly a little bit of both.

I've never made a secret that I don't like the overly cheesecake representations of this line, but that's never meant as a personal attack on anyone on (or off) the forum. People are going to buy what they like, and let's face it, cheesecake sells, I just don't happen to like it. I also think that with DC's incredibly talented stable of talent, that they don't need to resort to such basic T&A tactics to sell a line like this .. they can do way better! But again, that's just my opinion.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:50 AM   #389
Hypersom
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse321 View Post
Admittedly a little bit of both.

I've never made a secret that I don't like the overly cheesecake representations of this line, but that's never meant as a personal attack on anyone on (or off) the forum. People are going to buy what they like, and let's face it, cheesecake sells, I just don't happen to like it. I also think that with DC's incredibly talented stable of talent, that they don't need to resort to such basic T&A tactics to sell a line like this .. they can do way better! But again, that's just my opinion.
Understood. But how many times do you need to say you dislike this line? I know I got the message, loud and clear, way back on Poison Ivy. Yet every time a new bust comes out and we gather to discuss it, you pop in to remind us you loath them. Not to critique the bust, but to denegrate it and by extension, the people who like it. (and yes, calling the busts tripe is denegrating)

If you don't like cheesecake, then why sit at the cheesecake eaters table? You are welcome to but it only serves to make you uncomfortable and then you get a little.... punchy....
Hypersom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 12:53 AM   #390
Jesse321
Galactus

We're not discussing the Poison Ivy we're discussing the Starfire now .. the conversation is just taking it's natural progression.