Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-18-2022, 08:48 PM   #31
Kazar123
Doh!

Hey, I was looking at buying my first PF from Sideshow.

The shipping is crazy though. $201 cad. That plus the inevitable duties and taxes. It just seems like way too much.

One of the things I like about collectibles is that they usually retain or go up in value. I'm not planning on selling this statue anytime soon, but I like that piece of mind.

I feel like this just throws the value proposition out the window.

Do you guys have any tips or advice as a Canadian collector that is thinking of getting into statues?
Kazar123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 10:02 PM   #32
Johnneeukca
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazar123 View Post
Hey, I was looking at buying my first PF from Sideshow.

The shipping is crazy though. $201 cad. That plus the inevitable duties and taxes. It just seems like way too much.

One of the things I like about collectibles is that they usually retain or go up in value. I'm not planning on selling this statue anytime soon, but I like that piece of mind.

I feel like this just throws the value proposition out the window.

Do you guys have any tips or advice as a Canadian collector that is thinking of getting into statues?
Yeah, it used to be that you could consider a ?collectable? something that would increase in value, but the market?s pretty much dead these days. My 2 cents, buy what you like and don?t expect too much on the other end. As for shipping I use DHL Express if ordering direct from SS cuz I find it cheaper than FedEx, even with the brokerage fee.

There are a few guys in Canada who have online stores if you wanna go that route. They kinda post on FB. PM me if you want some names (not affiliated, just not sure if I can post that stuff here).
Johnneeukca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2022, 12:50 AM   #33
koflach
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I live close enough to the border that I can get my statues shipped to a place at the border that will accept it on my behalf for $4. From there I bring it across the border and pay the taxes on it.
koflach is offline   Reply With Quote