Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > What If?

View Poll Results: Who wins?
Hulk 39 60.94%
Doomsday 25 39.06%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-20-2009, 12:55 PM   #31
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyethearcher View Post
even if hulk beast him once doomsday just comes back and now hulk cant beat him cause he has adapted to hulk
You only get one fight not multiple times of do overs until you win. If you take Doomsday to his logical conclusion the One Above All will eventually lose to him.
Makkari1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 01:52 PM   #32
Teague
Iron Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makkari1 View Post
You only get one fight not multiple times of do overs until you win. If you take Doomsday to his logical conclusion the One Above All will eventually lose to him.
Which is only one of many reasons why Doomsday sucks.

But I agree with Mak on this--and I think we've hit this wall with Doomsday before. We can't really count his "adapt to anything" power, can we, since we're talking about a one-fall contest?
Teague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 04:20 PM   #33
predaking007
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makkari1 View Post
If you take Doomsday to his logical conclusion the One Above All will eventually lose to him.
translation please?
predaking007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 04:34 PM   #34
predaking007
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teague View Post
Which is only one of many reasons why Doomsday sucks.

But I agree with Mak on this--and I think we've hit this wall with Doomsday before. We can't really count his "adapt to anything" power, can we, since we're talking about a one-fall contest?
Doomsday no suck. Doomsday dominate.

Is there a reason that we need to discuss Doomsday adapting to the Hulk? What does he need to adapt to? A big green fist? Hulk's anger issues? The winner of the first match will probably win future matches.

I'm really surprised at how close this matchup is. I seriously thought that people jump on hulk due to popularity.
predaking007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 05:28 PM   #35
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by predaking007 View Post
translation please?
Huh? don't you know about your own favorite character? Doomsday entire plot device is that he can evolve past what killed him last time so that same thing won't kill him next time. If given enough time thru killings & revivals (sigh) he could eventually evolve beyond the point where even DCU One Above All couldn't kill him. In all the debates I've seen involving Doomsday posters say Doomsday will just keep evolving to the point where he'll kill anyone. Now if you say the best 3 of 5 fights I might agree but not after just one fight.

Quote:

Is there a reason that we need to discuss Doomsday adapting to the Hulk? What does he need to adapt to? A big green fist? Hulk's anger issues? The winner of the first match will probably win future matches.

I'm really surprised at how close this matchup is. I seriously thought that people jump on hulk due to popularity.
I was saying the same thing about Supes popularity in all the previous Supes/Hulk fights.
Makkari1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 06:14 PM   #36
isculpt
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Hulk never dies though!! I know WWH was a bit loose but cmon, look what he went through. Hulk>Dooms.
isculpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 07:39 PM   #37
Teague
Iron Man

Quote:

Doomsday dominates, sure--because he's been created (poorly) to do just that. Booor-ing. Just because he's ludicrously powerful doesn't mean he doesn't also suck. To each their own, though.

Insofar as adaptation, I assume that Doomsday would adapt to Hulk's increasing strength. But I agree that it makes no difference in this match-up. In a series, it would come into play--if Hulk wins the first one (just for the sake of argument), then Doomsday would (supposedly) win the second, since he will have by that time adapted to Hulk's attack. The only way that the winner of the first match would also win all future matches is if you assume that Doomsday wins the first match.

The matchup is close; it really depends on if you think Hulk can last long enough to get strong enough to defeat Doomsday. I don't know why that surprises you though; we're a pretty reasonable and rational bunch.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:29 PM   #38
hawkeyethearcher
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

well doomsday has been killed by superman and evolved past him so he is way past the hulk. bye bye hulk even with your 90s' we have to make him cool so get rid of the invulnerability and make him heal powers.
hawkeyethearcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:28 PM   #39
Teague
Iron Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyethearcher View Post
well doomsday has been killed by superman and evolved past him so he is way past the hulk. bye bye hulk even with your 90s' we have to make him cool so get rid of the invulnerability and make him heal powers.
But you're assuming that Superman is stronger than the Hulk. And while I'd agree that Supes is stronger at rest than Hulk, Hulk gets stronger the madder he gets. And it's been stated that there is no practical upper limit to Hulk's strength. (Something I find almost as ridiculous as Doomsday, I admit.) Given that, the question isn't whether or not Hulk could be stronger than Supes; the question is could Hulk last long enough, in order to get angry enough, to get stronger?

I'd say no, to Superman. I'd say yes to Doomsday.
Old 05-21-2009, 01:56 AM   #40
isculpt
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Well really it depends on which persona emerges from the big green guy. If its savage or Green scar, his chances are good.
isculpt is offline   Reply With Quote