Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 07-09-2021, 11:10 AM   #31
Darkest Knight
Blue Falcon

The sculpted hair just isn't doing it for me unfortunately.
Darkest Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 06:18 AM   #32
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Studios Collectibles
Hey guys, after we announced the upcoming 1/6 Catwoman Pre-order, we've had an overwhelming response with many of you requesting more detailed images.

Today we're pleased to share a closer look at the new 1/6 scale Selina Kyle Catwoman statue.

As always, Let us know your toughts!

Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 06:18 AM   #33
Shoo
Hercules

Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 06:44 AM   #34
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

I like it, I like it a lot - the sculpted hair looks great.....if the price is right, this could be up for consideration.

In fact, if they get it to come out like the prototype, I think this could be a real Grail piece for many Dark Knight / D.C. collectors.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 07:15 AM   #35
SDguy

This will be beyond anything I have seen on a 1/6 scale statue (look at the eyes and lower lid). Bravo if they can pull this off in production, and I sincerely hope they do.

SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 07:41 AM   #36
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

I'm a little concerned by how many masked photo's there are vs unmasked. Could they be hiding a lack of likeness??

Considering, for most people, a 100% likeness is the selling point....if the likeness is off (when unmasked) - Batpod / no Batpod, this will be a huge flop.

Come on Queen Studios, remove the mask, and let's see if you really can challenge JND.
Old 07-10-2021, 08:36 AM   #37
ukshaun
Hercules

Assuming the Bat-Pod is made from resign, i cannot see how the middle section connected by very little to the front and rear wheels, will not bend/sink vertically in the same way some pieces lean. Maybe they are some metal parts involved? ..maybe some plastic parts also?

ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 09:06 AM   #38
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Just a stunning piece, really impressed by this.

I never collect movie stuff, really focus on comics with these statues but I may need to break my own rule here for this one. I love it and the size is much better for my display compared to that beast 1/3 version (though that's a beauty too)...

Going to wait on price, if it's sub $1000 I think I may need to power forward on this one.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 09:29 AM   #39
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Assuming the Bat-Pod is made from resign, i cannot see how the middle section connected by very little to the front and rear wheels, will not bend/sink vertically in the same way some pieces lean. Maybe they are some metal parts involved? ..maybe some plastic parts also?

I doubt that would be a real issue. The figure would have to be a significant weight, and given the type of materials likely to be used - I imagine any load path would cause a stress fracture and total material failure. Not sagging as such.

Either way, I think you raise a good point, it would be great to know what material is being used on the Batpod.....
Old 07-10-2021, 09:32 AM   #40
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Odd question, do you think you can display her without the stand? I.e will the bike stand up on its own or do you need the track?

She's just a tiny bit too big to fit in my display but if I didn't need to use the stand, I think I can make it work.

I know it's trouble when I try to justify buying something I shouldn't haha
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote